Wahlberg tells it how it is.

Whalberg is also known to be pretty strongly anti-gun, at least so says Guns-n-Ammo.
http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/02/24/8-surprising-anti-gun-celebrities/

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate his willingness to stand up for the military in front of these Hollywood p****s. Just wish he had his head screwed on right all the way.
  • Like 2

Whalberg is also known to be pretty strongly anti-gun, at least so says Guns-n-Ammo.
http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/02/24/8-surprising-anti-gun-celebrities/

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate his willingness to stand up for the military in front of these Hollywood p****s. Just wish he had his head screwed on right all the way.

It's easy to be opposed to something you can't legally own anymore due to your past felony stupidity.

• Like 2

Actor purse fight. Marky Mark is still a douche nozzle who thinks we little people shouldn't own guns. From what I have read what Tom said was taken outta context (not that it matters) but when people start "respecting" actors for political stances they have another link in the dumbing down of America.

• Like 6

Actor purse fight. Marky Mark is still a douche nozzle who thinks we little people shouldn't own guns. From what I have read what Tom said was taken outta context (not that it matters) but when people start "respecting" actors for political stances they have another link in the dumbing down of America.

I totally agree... who gives a crap what either of them thinks.. I saw it on the news and thought, why is THIS news? it's hard to believe what the media thinks is news..

Edited by GuitaRx
  • Like 1

I hardly think showing respect for the military is a "political stance". I don't give 2 hoots about what celebrities think but I won't put anyone down for speaking up on behalf of our men and women in uniform.

I totally agree... who gives a crap what either of them thinks.. I saw it on the news and thought, why is THIS news? it's hard to believe what the media thinks is news..

It is totally sad that so many people fall on every word some of the actors spew out. Never understood how being able to play "make-believe" for a living gives one the lordly status it seems to in this world.

• Like 1

It is totally sad that so many people fall on every word some of the actors spew out. Never understood how being able to play "make-believe" for a living gives one the lordly status it seems to in this world.

+1      

I couldn't agree more.   :clap:

If I remember correctly, in ancient Greece they considered actors to be on the same level as prostitutes.  That's about right I'd say.

Edited by TNinfidel
  • Like 2

Many actors from years past were remarkable people. John Wayne, Lee Marvin, Robert Mitchum, Audey Murphy and so many others did serve their country with honors in the military prior to becoming actors. Lee Marvin is buried in Arlington Cemetery in Washington DC. These were people of integrity and honor. Hollywood today is not the Hollywood of years ago. I take what the actors of today say with a grain of salt and just let it roll off my back and go on.  There may be a couple out there that are true patriots but they are like many politicians and will either not say anything against the establishment for fear of losing their jobs. The ones that have enough money and don't need to work again that are finally coming out and expressing their true feelings..............jmho

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC
When the press waited to see and Miley Cyrus "endorsed" Obama and it made the news I knew the American press, those who believe the Hollywood people are American Royalty I became convinced those people had lost their minds. It was the people mentioned above who just barely brought actor respectability slightly above being that of being a prostitute. That being said I don't believe Wahlberg is anti gun. Whenever you read about him being anti gun it's always the same comment which is also taken out of context. I heard what he said on Stern. What he said and he has said it more than once is "I wish that we can take all the guns from everyone on earth but we can't so I am glad that good people own guns to protect the people who can't protect themselves". That's what he said. A skewed vision of world peace? I think so. But anti gun? Not hardly. He also pointed out that he has never fired a gun except in movies but that doesn't mean he wouldn't like to but he can't.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Many actors from years past were remarkable people. John Wayne, Lee Marvin, Robert Mitchum, Audey Murphy and so many others did serve their country with honors in the military prior to becoming actors. Lee Marvin is buried in Arlington Cemetery in Washington DC. These were people of integrity and honor. Hollywood today is not the Hollywood of years ago. I take what the actors of today say with a grain of salt and just let it roll off my back and go on.  There may be a couple out there that are true patriots but they are like many politicians and will either not say anything against the establishment for fear of losing their jobs. The ones that have enough money and don't need to work again that are finally coming out and expressing their true feelings..............jmho

John Wayne was never in the military.

When the press waited to see and Miley Cyrus "endorsed" Obama and it made the news I knew the American press, those who believe the Hollywood people are American Royalty I became convinced those people had lost their minds. It was the people mentioned above who just barely brought actor respectability slightly above being that of being a prostitute. That being said I don't believe Wahlberg is anti gun. Whenever you read about him being anti gun it's always the same comment which is also taken out of context. I heard what he said on Stern. What he said and he has said it more than once is "I wish that we can take all the guns from everyone on earth but we can't so I am glad that good people own guns to protect the people who can't protect themselves". That's what he said. A skewed vision of world peace? I think so. But anti gun? Not hardly. He also pointed out that he has never fired a gun except in movies but that doesn't mean he wouldn't like to but he can't.

He still needs to tune that up a little. Take away all the guns and a lot more people are going to become acquainted with the business end of a machete.

I hardly think showing respect for the military is a "political stance". I don't give 2 hoots about what celebrities think but I won't put anyone down for speaking up on behalf of our men and women in uniform.

My personal take is he did it for rating since he is in a pro-military movie.

I'm sure there were those who wanted to bitch slap the great actors for their stances but were afraid of what would have happened to their careers for "attacking" the well respected actors of the day. Today it's the exact opposite.

I think that if you'll go back and learn exactly what Tom Cruise said, and the context in which it was said, you'll learn that Wahlberg is a attention seeking douche nozzle...not that Cruise is any different.

Edited by gregintenn
Guest TankerHC

I think that if you'll go back and learn exactly what Tom Cruise said, and the context in which it was said, you'll learn that Wahlberg is a attention seeking douche nozzle...not that Cruise is any different.

Their all attention seeking douche nozzles. Lol. That's why they all want to have giant head's on 40 foot screens.

I can think of several actors that are pro-military or at least sympathize with what the our soldiers have to endure.  Mark Wahlberg is not one of them.  Before Mr. Funky Bunch gets all high and mighty, he should remember that Cruise does a lot of his own stunts.  While that is absolutely nothing like being in a war, it still isn't easy and can be very dangerous.

Many actors from years past were remarkable people. John Wayne, Lee Marvin, Robert Mitchum, Audey Murphy and so many others did serve their country with honors in the military prior to becoming actors. Lee Marvin is buried in Arlington Cemetery in Washington DC. These were people of integrity and honor. Hollywood today is not the Hollywood of years ago. I take what the actors of today say with a grain of salt and just let it roll off my back and go on. There may be a couple out there that are true patriots but they are like many politicians and will either not say anything against the establishment for fear of losing their jobs. The ones that have enough money and don't need to work again that are finally coming out and expressing their true feelings..............jmho

There is a handful of patriots in Hollywood. James Woods and Gary Sinise come immediately to mind. And of course Tom Selleck has been "out" as a gun-owning conservative for a long time.

If you want to see an actor rail against the current administration, follow James Woods' tweets.

Oh yeah, and one of my favorites, Stacey Dash. Dean Cain (of course Superman loves America) is another.