Potentially Fatal ‘Knockout’ Game Targeting Strangers May be Spreading

Guest nra37922

It's time to take out the trash!

+1 for staying out of the alley. Situational awareness is the key here and keep your distance, anyone coming into your personal space should be perceived as a potential threat. It's hard to have eyes in the back of your head though, the girl never had a chance. If you look like an easy target you already are one.

I have a feeling that once you get decked, and the punk turns to walk away that shooting is no longer an option. Unless you just want to shoot to teach them a lesson. As far as I'm concerned, the threat isn't over until they're well out of sight of me. If I can still see them, they're still a threat in my mind!

DaveS

Edited by DaveS

It's good to see that not everyone has been drinking this early in the day.

Hey now, some of us are on vacation so happy hour already started. Now, if you'll excuse me I'm gonna get back to my race war preparedness research. Let me know if any of them gays show up.
  • Like 2

This is why I am glad I train Krav and Muy Thai...I would also venture to say that a gun ain't gonna help in this scenario but being aware of your surroundings and being able to inflict some damage on the little pick that decided to try this stunt would prove helpful...

I'm not understanding how martial arts training would be any more beneficial in this particular situation.

I'm not understanding how martial arts training would be any more beneficial in this particular situation.

Because they teach a combination of situational awareness along with the ability to defend/attack...would you disagree that training in self defense may have allowed these people to fare a little better than they did?? It would certainly have IMHO more than thinking I am safe simply because I have a concealed firearm...

I have a feeling that once you get decked, and the punk turns to walk away that shooting is no longer an option. Unless you just want to shoot to teach them a lesson. As far as I'm concerned, the threat isn't over until they're well out of sight of me. If I can still see them, they're still a threat in my mind!

DaveS

You do have a point about the threat being over to a point if the punk turns and walks away but if I am able I will get back up and call him out to try it again. They travel in groups so I would call them out to try it again and once they are facing me the ball is in my court. At that point is when they would learn that I am armed and I would give them a choice of getting down on their knees and waiting for police or trying to see if they are faster than a speeding bullet. I am not saying I am superman or anything like that but it would take a really good punch to take me totally out unless they hit me with something besides their fist. I'm guessing they might be using brass knuckles or other device as watching the videos the person struck goes down really hard but that is..................jmho

• Like 1
Guest nra37922

You do have a point about the threat being over to a point if the punk turns and walks away but if I am able I will get back up and call him out to try it again. They travel in groups so I would call them out to try it again and once they are facing me the ball is in my court. At that point is when they would learn that I am armed and I would give them a choice of getting down on their knees and waiting for police or trying to see if they are faster than a speeding bullet. I am not saying I am superman or anything like that but it would take a really good punch to take me totally out unless they hit me with something besides their fist. I'm guessing they might be using brass knuckles or other device as watching the videos the person struck goes down really hard but that is..................jmho

BSNBC newsflash

White man shoots three unarmed black youths in downtown Crackerville. Mother of one of the shot says her boy Chlamyida Jackson and the other two, id'd as Fistula Jones and his brother Orangejello Washington, youths where on their way to choir practice when the shootings occurred.  More to follow...

End of BSNBC newsflash

I think people may be underestimating how vulnerable they are in the event of a surprise attack both in terms of the ability to execute the attack and the effect it will/can have.

In a city, particularly a busy one, it's hard not to have people in your personal space and in your blind spot. Also, when an attack occurs, your reflexes will not be primed to help absorb/roll with the blow.

With that being said, maintain as much awareness as possible, be suspicious of anything out of the ordinary, and like Bersaguy says, eye contact and don't look like a victim.

• Like 4

I think people may be underestimating how vulnerable they are in the event of a surprise attack both in terms of the ability to execute the attack and the effect it will/can have.

In a city, particularly a busy one, it's hard not to have people in your personal space and in your blind spot. Also, when an attack occurs, your reflexes will not be primed to help absorb/roll with the blow.

With that being said, maintain as much awareness as possible, be suspicious of anything out of the ordinary, and like Bersaguy says, eye contact and don't look like a victim.

Good points...

Yes it does say he tried using taser but he had previously assaulted 6-7 people and this one he just happened to pick the wrong person.

That is correct...but acting as if the simple fact of the guy carrying a firearm is the sole reason he was not a victim is asinine....If he would have been tased (sp?) then the gun would have been a moot point...

I am also not going to act as if any form of self defense training is the end all be all answer to these scenarios either...I would agree that awareness would be the best possible habit to be practiced to avoid something like this happening....I just simply observed that based on the way these attacks play out that it may be somewhat easier to defend against them by having some sort of training in self defense outside of carrying a firearm...

I was just posting the clip cause of other statements made about possibly profiling the wrong person to attack. That was all. True of the taser would have worked properly the story wouldn't have played out the way it did. The only thing that can prevent this is to be aware of your surroundings. Also if/when you can have a buddy. Also don't put yourself into a situation where this could be an issue.

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan..... James Mattis

• Like 2
Guest ThePunisher
Is "knockout" going to be the catalyst for a race war in the US? After a few blacks get killed, then the New Black Panthers are gonna want revenge. "Knockout" could be the start of something really getting out of hand.

Is "knockout" going to be the catalyst for a race war in the US? After a few blacks get killed, then the New Black Panthers are gonna want revenge. "Knockout" could be the start of something really getting out of hand.

The NBP have a total of 10 members. That ain't much of a war

• Like 2
  • Admin Team

Really?

I'm sorry.  I just don't see it.  At all.

• Like 1
Guest ThePunisher

The NBP have a total of 10 members. That ain't much of a war

Yeah, but they still want to shoot your pink a.. and bury you and then dig up your dead a.. and shoot you again.

That 10 members were enough to intimidate the whiteys at the ballot boxes to vote for a black man for POTUS. Edited by ThePunisher
Guest ThePunisher

Really?

I'm sorry.  I just don't see it.  At all.

Beginning to get lots of news coverage now. Whites are being targeted, and if several blacks get shot and killed, it could escalate racial tensions.

NO!!! It will probably start with one of our members getting tired of waiting for a race war to start.
  • Like 2

Yeah, but they still want to shoot your pink a.. and bury you and then dig up your dead a.. and shoot you again.
That 10 members were enough to intimidate the whiteys at the ballot boxes to vote for a black man for POTUS.

Ok, now I'm certain that you are doing this for comedic effect. It worked, because I'm laughing my behind off.
  • Like 1

It's a sensational story from a viral video about a probable non-event with no actual proof of it occurring anywhere outside of the video.

I believe that the so called game will be played over a more wide spread area now simply because of all of the media attention.
  • Like 1