TN Parent Arrested Trying to Pick Up His Own Kids

Where are the under color of law charges against the deputy?  There is no disorderly conduct here, the guy never raised his voice, never cursed, never threatened the officer or staff with any violence, or unlawful conduct...

As I see it the deputy committed 3 kidnappings under the color of law, the two minors he would not release to his lawful guardian which is a violation of state law, and the unlawful arrest of the father.

This deputy losing his badge should be the least of his worries, he should at the very least be sitting in jail waiting on his trial, looking at spending the rest of his life in jail (or worse), the DA should throw the book at this guy.  How is this guy still walking around threatening the public with his badge and a firearm?  And the department is censoring public feedback?  The sheriff should be cleaning house, or voted out of office.

• Like 5

Where are the under color of law charges against the deputy?  There is no disorderly conduct here, the guy never raised his voice, never cursed, never threatened the officer or staff with any violence, or unlawful conduct...

As I see it the deputy committed 3 kidnappings under the color of law, the two minors he would not release to his lawful guardian which is a violation of state law, and the unlawful arrest of the father.

This deputy losing his badge should be the least of his worries, he should at the very least be sitting in jail waiting on his trial, looking at spending the rest of his life in jail (or worse), the DA should throw the book at this guy.  How is this guy still walking around threatening the public with his badge and a firearm?  And the department is censoring public feedback?  The sheriff should be cleaning house, or voted out of office.

+1

The vid in the OP is back. 13,000 views when I checked back in. Looks like Deputy Dawg is getting some fame.

Both working again now including link to all his vids.

Saves in ".webm" with Download Helper now, though, dunno what zactly can do with that.

Edit: GOM plays them in Windows.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I'm sure he's lawyered up and ready to kick the deputy's ass. I'm all for this one.

• Like 1

Who cares about the civil lawsuit...  This deputy is still at his job with a gun around kids!  Clearly he is the biggest threat to those children and their parents in that school.  There need to be charges filed against the deputy and he needs to spend the rest of his life in prison.

The DA needs to be flooded with calls to charge this deputy or face getting kicked out of office next year.

I'm sure he's lawyered up and ready to kick the deputy's ass. I'm all for this one.

• Like 1

One thing I don't understand is why this is an issue between the parent and the resource office in the first place.  If this is a school policy, the principal should have been the one talking to the parent and explaining the situation.  The resource office should have only been there in case something got out of hand.  If it's NOT a school policy, then the principal should have gotten involved and told the office to let him leave with the kids.

The older guy in the video looks to be a school official of some sort and seems to be gutless.

• Like 1
Tapatalk won't let me watch the videos, but I'm still going to comment. :)
I have hsd very heated conversations with my kids principals and staff; however, they never felt the need to involve LEO. We argued it out like grown ups and ended up respecting each other more in the end. We now have a wonderful understanding with each other and have had a great relationship since; even if I was a bit out of line. :)

Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

• Like 2

One thing I don't understand is why this is an issue between the parent and the resource office in the first place.  If this is a school policy, the principal should have been the one talking to the parent and explaining the situation.  The resource office should have only been there in case something got out of hand.  If it's NOT a school policy, then the principal should have gotten involved and told the office to let him leave with the kids.

Because it's the "RULES"  as I heard several times.  What I heard was the deputy needs to learn the difference between rules and law. 

My hats off to the gentleman, he showed a tremendous amount of restraint. I have a problem with authority that is really hard for me to keep in check at times, being kept from my kids would have flipped my switch.

IMHO what you have here is a Beta male (the officer) dealing with what he perceives as an Alpha male (the parent) and he is determined to show that he is not going to be intimidated or pushed around. (Even though the parent was the definition of calm)

Good job officer, you should have just wet yourself and given the man his kids.
  • Like 6
Guest ThePunisher
Another example of common sense by school authorities and Leo's not being so common anymore. Must be all the years of drinking fluoridated water that people have become so stupid.
Wow, what a disgrace to the badge. It's idiots like this guy that really tick me off and make me understand why so many ppl hate police. As far as I can see this guy never did anything to create a public disturbance or prohibit a lawful activity from taking place...which begs the question, what magistrate/commissioner/judge issued the warrant with an obvious lack of PC? Another reason why I have no desire to ever work for a "good old boy" (now don't get me wrong, I'm a country boy) department. Utterly pitiful display of not getting personal by the so-called deputy...

If I was the guy in this video I would make sure the officer got a trip to the nearest Federal Courthouse and demand his termination or resignation. I hate to bash a fellow officer, but good grief, this guy's completely outside the letter of the law.

Wow, what a disgrace to the badge. It's idiots like this guy that really tick me off and make me understand why so many ppl hate police. As far as I can see this guy never did anything to create a public disturbance or prohibit a lawful activity from taking place...which begs the question, what magistrate/commissioner/judge issued the warrant with an obvious lack of PC? Another reason why I have no desire to ever work for a "good old boy" (now don't get me wrong, I'm a country boy) department. Utterly pitiful display of not getting personal by the so-called deputy...

If I was the guy in this video I would make sure the officer got a trip to the nearest Federal Courthouse and demand his termination or resignation. I hate to bash a fellow officer, but good grief, this guy's completely outside the letter of the law.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I neither like nor dislike police officers.  I don't like to group people.  I prefer to judge people on an individual basis.  That said, this man does not deserve the honor of wearing a badge, and he forgets that he is a servant of the people, not a dictator.  I don't know I would file any charges against the officer, but I would make him apologize to the parent then fire him immediately.  I would also take it a step further and bar him from any form of public service as he does not have the right temperament or people skills.  Based on what I saw, he is ideally suited for digging ditches.  Unfortunately, he appears much too out of shape for that.

Edited by mav
  • Like 6
Guest Bonedaddy

Y'all have no idea how bad this has raised the hackle on me. My teeth are bared and wantin' to bite somethin' bad! Someone find some phone numbers and post'm for me. Y'all are quicker than me at that. GRRRRR!!!!!!

Y'all have no idea how bad this has raised the hackle on me. My teeth are bared and wantin' to bite somethin' bad! Someone find some phone numbers and post'm for me. Y'all are quicker than me at that. GRRRRR!!!!!!

Something tells me that big ole boy is gonna get to him before you can :)