It's getting that time of year. Wanna show your decorations?

mav

same here... but nice job anyway Mav. :up:

Oh, I didn't do anything except take the picture with my phone.  This is stuff my mother does while I am working.  I think she is decorating early because we are planning to have 20 or so people over for Thanksgiving.  What a mess, :lol: . 

Edited by mav

Oh, I didn't do anything except take the picture with my phone.  This is stuff my mother does while I am working.  I think she is decorating early because we are planning to have 20 or so people over for Thanksgiving.  What a mess, :lol: . 

First Christmas in the new house, right? 

First Christmas in the new house, right? 

Yeah.  It seems as though everyone wants to have all these get-togethers at my house now, which I actually sorta like it.  While my house is a little big for just two people, it is great for occasions such as this.

I am a true scrooge. My wife finally convinced me to participate by offering a "old fashion Christmas" with all handmade/homemade ornaments. I've been working on my contribution; pine cones! I coated them in acrylic spray to make them tree-ready.Posted Image

Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

Guest TankerHC

Every year I decorate it up. This year Im feeling just too beat up. I will get both trees up, (We put one inside and one outside), but I think this year I am leaving my house decorating to "Christmas Ready". Already sent them a message earlier today. See how it goes on the estimate. They get good reviews and I saw their truck driving through Soddy. See how it goes, if not, I may have to climb the ladder. 

No decorations here. The morning of the 25th, "Happy birthday Jesus, I appreciate that you died to save an undeserving and ungrateful race of people, love you!" Then, carry on like any other day because that's all it is. Me and wife usually go to the movies and try to find someplace open to eat.

No decorations here. The morning of the 25th, "Happy birthday Jesus, I appreciate that you died to save an undeserving and ungrateful race of people, love you!" Then, carry on like any other day because that's all it is. Me and wife usually go to the movies and try to find someplace open to eat.

I've been on both sides of this story.  Growing up, there wasn't a lot of decorating done. Not a lot of extra money to do it with. 

As I got older, and married; my wife always wanted to do it up large. Inside and outside.

She had been from a more well-to-do family that always did a lot. The house and yard. Always entered the decorating contests. And her family even won a couple of times in the late 60s.

So we did a little each year. Then a little more. And a little more.

Finally, the year before my cancer hit, we had a huge amount. On the house, on the garage, in the yard, one the shrubs and small trees. Had 20 assorted reindeer; lighted of course. Sleighs, Santas, carolers, and a menagerie of other animals.

Took a month of evenings and weekends to get it all up. I had enough extension cords to power and run lines to a small community. And a major terror to take down and pack away.

That was 5 years ago.

Now...a 6' tree on the front porch, a single strand of lights on the eves, and a small tree in the den. With fireplace mantle done in all wife's Santa figurines.

Maybe not as impressive to the neighbors, but it works for us.

BTW, Caster, I really like what you said. May I wish you an early Merry Christmas and God Bless. 

Edited by hipower