Introducing the new Glock 42

Erik88

http://www.sportsmans-depot.com/products/GLOCK-41-GEN-4-45ACP-5.3-AS-13RD-GLOCK-PG4130103.html

For years now we've heard rumors about Glock finally coming out with a single stack 9mm or a 9mm carbine but they just don't seem to listen.

For the life of me I can't figure out why Glock thinks a huge .45 will be a big seller. The 21 is not even of of their bigger sellers so I'm not sure why they would make a bigger one. If they made a thin 9mm I'd buy it tomorrow.

Assuming this is true the next two Glocks will be out shortly.

Here is a quote from one of the Glocktalk members.

I work at a very large gun store & range and we sell A LOT of Glocks.

Well, here's the info I received today. 
The 41 will be the long slide 45 ACP & the 42 is a double stack .380 auto, which we've already placed orders on.

This information is 100% correct. Those will be the next 2 Gl
Edited by Erik88
I'd love to have a single stack 9mn made by glock. As much as I love the capacity of my 19, I sorely miss the thin profile of my Kahr CM9. I think the 41 will be a flop honestly. People will buy it, but it definitely won't be "the next big thing"

If true, a 5.3" .45 is probably designed to barely fit in the box used by one of the shooting games (sort of like the Glock 17/34).

That's a logical line of thought, but I can't think of a single competitive category in which such a gun would fit.....

I'm doubting the whole rumor really, the more I think about it. Glock already has 2 double-stack .380 guns, and why would they skip the model 40? Edited by dcloudy777
Yeah, I have been following the thread for the last month or do on GT. A tactical version of the 21? The 21 is not a good seller, in fact it is not even one of the best selling 45's. And the 380 made no sense since they already make the 25,28. I suspect they will make it on a 17/22 for import reasons, again doesn't make a lot of sense. Leave it to Glock! Edited by Patton

http://www.sportsmans-depot.com/products/GLOCK-41-GEN-4-45ACP-5.3-AS-13RD-GLOCK-PG4130103.html

For years now we've heard rumors about Glock finally coming out with a single stack 9mm or a 9mm carbine but they just don't seem to listen.

For the life of me I can't figure out why Glock thinks a huge .45 will be a big seller. The 21 is not even of of their bigger sellers so I'm not sure why they would make a bigger one. If they made a thin 9mm I'd buy it tomorrow.

Assuming this is true the next two Glocks will be out shortly.

Here is a quote from one of the Glocktalk members.

If the 42 is going to be a double stack .380 then why rename it a 42 ? The 25 and 28 are both  double stack .380's . The only thing I can think of is that they may have to " add features " for it to meet the "point system" but then again if the slide and frame  and all are made here now then it shouldnt have to meet all those "points" . 

Ya it really doesn't make much sense. The last I heard Glock was behind on over 1 million guns. They need to focus on getting caught up before introducing models no one wants.

If they made a thin single stack 9mm similar to the Shield it would outsell anything on the market. They.380 fair has long since sold out, no one is interested in a double-stack .380

Edited by Erik88

I like how they list the weight of the 41 as 15lbs. Ironic since I have always refered to the 21 as the Glock boat anchor, it's rediculous fat with a heavy sl

trigger pull ?  WOW ! I just went back and looked . That is way heavy . Must be an error. 

Edited by tercel89

I can believe it. Every one wants a smaller, slimmer, single stack pistol and they give us the opposite.

I have no idea why they would even bother with the .380 double stack. I can see the larger 45 since they offer a 9mm and .40.

But come on already, bring us the single stack .40 and 9mm.

A full size .380 would be pretty useless.

If you're looking for a 26ish single stack 9mm, look at the Walther PPS. I only own Glock pistols and I shoot them a lot. I was able to pick up the PPS and run a Texas Star at 10 yards with no misses and all the plates in a nice little pile. The PPS will probably be my next purchase.
  • Like 2

I actually looked up that part number on some of our distributors. Only one had an actual listing for it, and it's description was "Exciting new Glock product" with no information. Weird.

Exciting, you say? I'm calling it now: Glock 39L

Yes but I can't detail strip a PPS like I can a Glock.

I'm really not sure what Glock is thinking with these new additions. Complete opposite of what the market wants.

And you can't buy a single stack 9mm Glock, so..... I guess there's a certain amount of compromise involved.

I like how they list the weight of the 41 as 15lbs. Ironic since I have always refered to the 21 as the Glock boat anchor, it's rediculous fat with a heavy slide.

Good God! Everyone likes the idea of the Glock 45's until they pick one up, it's like the slide is twice as wide as it needs to be.

I tried a buddy of mines 30s last time I went to the range and I'm giving serious consideration to replacing my 27 with one.

If Glock would make a singe stack 9mm to compete with the Kahr CM9 I'd be down at my local gun store with cash in hand.

Edited by M1_Garand
  • Like 1

If they make a longslide version of the 21 they had better make a 10mm version too...

I'm sure the 10mm version is the Glock 40 and the .45 ACP is the 41. (Just like the 20 and 21). Only fitting that the 40 would be a 10mm, since the 22 is a .40. Edited by JReedEsq