Introducing the new Glock 42

Erik88

If Glock would make a singe stack 9mm to compete with the Kahr CM9 I'd be down at my local gun store with cash in hand.

M1 is dead right.... Why Glock doesn't do this is beyond my understanding...  If Glock decided to do a single stack version of the 26,27,33 or 36; they couldn't make enough of them...

leroy

If Glock decided to do a single stack version of the 26,27,33 or 36; they couldn't make enough of them...leroy

I believe your statement pretty much explains the answer. As long as Glock is behind hundreds of thousands of units, no matter how good of a concept there is no need to produce it. Why spend the money on R&D when you can make more money just catching up on production of already spoken for items? The reason the Shield and the XDS come out was because Springfield and S&W had hit a sales slump. Glock has done well selling what they make.
I still believe the G41 and G42 pitch is bogus. However if they use existing frames I could see the tactical 45 and double stack .380 happening.

The only other Glock I am interested in is one that that has a 3/4" wide slide with single stack 9mm, however I don't think they are up to it design, engineering, or production wise.  They have shown nearly nothing in terms of new ideas since the inception of the company.  Yet they are still selling like crazy.  Why waste time on a .380 or long .45? 

• Like 1
Guest Bonedaddy

Double stack Ruger SR anything.....just sayin'. Thin, not fat and uncomfortable like a Glock. If ya don't like the manual safety, don't use it then it's just like the Glock in function. No brainer to me. Only thing I ever liked 'bout a Glock are the optional, longer hunting barrels. JMHO.

Yeah everyone wants to speculate on what glock coulda/woulda/shoulda made, I say a glock derringer. In .44 Henry Rimfire.

If Glock made a polymer derringer along the lines of the Double Tap for a reasonable price I would own one. A 2 shot derringer the size of a LCP, D/A, firing 9,38,40, or 45 would be one of the most popular BUGs made, but I am not paying the $600 for the Double Tap. Edited by Patton

If they would just make them in the GA /USA they could sell there current 380 auto's here in this country  . The current stupid ATF import point system is keeping them from being imported . Even so a 380 that is the same physical size as a 9mm is going to be a hard sell to me . I would think a true SMALL 380 say Kel Tec / Ruger LCP size and a single stack small 9mm would be a better use of there time. But that is just my opinion . 

Edited by Keyless

That's a logical line of thought, but I can't think of a single competitive category in which such a gun would fit.....

I'm doubting the whole rumor really, the more I think about it. Glock already has 2 double-stack .380 guns, and why would they skip the model 40?

IDPA-SSP/CDP maybe?  I can't remember how a 21 fits in the box, but I bet there's room for a longer sight radius.  I wouldn't think there would be much of a demand, though. 

I also have doubts about the rumor. 

Double stack Ruger SR anything.....just sayin'. Thin, not fat and uncomfortable like a Glock. If ya don't like the manual safety, don't use it then it's just like the Glock in function. No brainer to me. Only thing I ever liked 'bout a Glock are the optional, longer hunting barrels. JMHO.

Yeah but you don't have a choice but to use the rugers mag disconnect. That is a deal breaker for me.

Yeah but you don't have a choice but to use the rugers mag disconnect. That is a deal breaker for me.

The mag disconnect is very easily removed. However, all those little levers and extra moving parts that Glock does not use is a deal breaker for me. I took a SR9 apart in a gunshop and got the slide stuck, along with the gunshop employee. It ruins my fast for forever. I do wish the LC9 would have just been an enlarged version of the LCP without safety crap.
Guest Bonedaddy

I could see that being a problem for "some" competitions but for personal use it's easy as all get out to remove the little chunk of metal that makes up the safety. None of my SRs have it in them, anymore and only took 'bout 5 minutes to remove them.

I could see that being a problem for "some" competitions but for personal use it's easy as all get out to remove the little chunk of metal that makes up the safety. None of my SRs have it in them, anymore and only took 'bout 5 minutes to remove them.

I'd possibly be willing to do that with a range gun, but I wouldn't be comfortable removing any safety from a firearm that I regularly use as a carry or home defense weapon. 

Guest Bonedaddy

I'd possibly be willing to do that with a range gun, but I wouldn't be comfortable removing any safety from a firearm that I regularly use as a carry or home defense weapon. 

It's only a mag safety that won't allow the gun to fire if the mag is removed. There is still a manual safety on the frame as well as the same type trigger that Glock uses. I want my gun to fire if for some reason the mag should disconnect. Sometimes, 'specially with IWB holsters, your body movements while carrying can cause a mag disconnect. I also have one of them cheap azz Phoenix HP22 pistols that has a mag safety and I render it useless, too.

It's only a mag safety that won't allow the gun to fire if the mag is removed. There is still a manual safety on the frame as well as the same type trigger that Glock uses. I want my gun to fire if for some reason the mag should disconnect. Sometimes, 'specially with IWB holsters, your body movements while carrying can cause a mag disconnect. I also have one of them cheap azz Phoenix HP22 pistols that has a mag safety and I render it useless, too.

I agree, but I'm one of those guys who doesn't want to end up in court after being forced to defend my life by shooting someone, only to be forced to defend my decision to remove a perfectly good safety.