Quote, Photo and Link problems

I have the same problem.  Did you get a fix.

I use FireFox, but noticed IE 11 was on Win Update recently on my Win 7 laptop.

Just tried it in this thread.

- quote indeed doesn't work, either just kicks back to same screen or opens a reply box, depending on how it feels

- link won't paste in

- pic dialogue just locks up whole shebang, can't exit it to get back to forum

Didn't try hand typing URLs or pix links. Closed single tab in IE and whole program ended.

Sucks. Thanks MS.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I have the same problem.  Did you get a fix.

Only MS can fix it.

I didn't even try surfing around with it. I've been mostly constrained to dial up for a week, and it was 3 times as slow as FireFox on that, too.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I use FireFox, but noticed IE 11 was on Win Update recently on my Win 7 laptop.

Just tried it in this thread.

- quote indeed doesn't work, either just kicks back to same screen or opens a reply box, depending on how it feels

- link won't paste in

- pic dialogue just locks up whole shebang, can't exit it to get back to forum

Didn't try hand typing URLs or pix links. Closed single tab in IE and whole program ended.

Sucks. Thanks MS.

- OS

You described it right to the "T" OS....I guess I will try uninstalling IE 11. And I am running Windows 7

DaveS

You described it right to the "T" OS....I guess I will try uninstalling IE 11. And I am running Windows 7

DaveS

Like I asked, are you running IE 11?  ;)

Similar thread same IE issue.  http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/71885-windows-81-issues/

Is still believe it is a problem with the current version of forum software.  You also can't post a youtube link and have it automatically embedded in IE 8, 9, 10 or 11.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1

Like I asked, are you running IE 11?  ;)

Similar thread same IE issue.  http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/71885-windows-81-issues/

Is still believe it is a problem with the current version of forum software.  You also can't post a youtube link and have it automatically embedded in IE 8, 9, 10 or 11.

Yes, IE 11 was updated to my PC.

DaveS

It is listed as an installed update. When you open up Programs and features you will see all your programs. Look to the left of the screen and look for an option "View installed updates" Click on that option and then keep scrolling until you see the internet explorer version you want to remove.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

It is listed as an installed update. When you open up Programs and features you will see all your programs. Look to the left of the screen and look for an option "View installed updates" Click on that option and then keep scrolling until you see the internet explorer version you want to remove.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Bingo, FIXED!!! Thank you very much!

Dave

I can't paste on IE 11, and pasting has been flaky on other browsers as well.   I had to go to IE-11 because FF kept firing up a rogue task that has a memory leak, hopefully they will fix that soon but it was making me reboot my system.  I rebooted more in the last month than in the past 2 years due to that.   (I actually think it was the lastest flash for FF that was awol, but I got tired of fighting it for now).   

• 2 weeks later...

IE 11 is working A-OK on all of the other forums that I visit and with every website I go to.  Its even fixed some compatibility issues I was having with ebay and YouTube 

Only with TGO do I have the "Quote, Paste, Link" problem. 

I have to agree with Garufa comments in post # 10 (since I can't quote him).  It appears that the software being used on this forum is the issue.