Budsgunshop

Andyshowfan

I've bought from Cabela's quite a bit over last 5 years or so because they were the only place that sold gun stuff and ammo where I could use my credit card kickback.

They've added Wally now, so usually just get the gift cards to their stores (includes Sam's too).

- OS

I have a feeling that for every "I won't buy from Bud's" post in this thread they will have twenty in store customers that hadn't bought from them in the past.

Bud's won't be hurting. They may do a lot of internet business. But every time I have been in their store it is packed. I have a feeling that the brick and mortar side of the business does really well too.

I also find it hilarious for the amount of chest thumping American Pride we have here that folks are so loathe to pay taxes, yet I am certain you spew venom out the other side of your mouth about lazy welfare recipients who don't pay taxes.

• Like 4

I have a feeling that for every "I won't buy from Bud's" post in this thread they will have twenty in store customers that hadn't bought from them in the past.

Bud's won't be hurting. They may do a lot of internet business. But every time I have been in their store it is packed. I have a feeling that the brick and mortar side of the business does really well too.

I also find it hilarious for the amount of chest thumping American Pride we have here that folks are so loathe to pay taxes, yet I am certain you spew venom out the other side of your mouth about lazy welfare recipients who don't pay taxes.

One of things I find most humorous here is the comment about already being taxed to death.... LOL And this is coming from a state where you pay no state income tax.... Now mind you I don't like paying taxes any more than the next guy, and one of the reasons that we are moving to TN in the next couple of months is the fact that y'all have no state income tax; and I'll admit that while I enjoy ordering from the interent for obvious reasons I do give my local shops at lot of patronage as I know that there is a lot more than "bottom line cheapest out the door price" to consider here....

[quote name="teecro" post="1123458" timestamp="1394623547"]One of things I find most humorous here is the comment about already being taxed to death.... LOL And this is coming from a state where you pay no state income tax.... Now mind you I don't like paying taxes any more than the next guy, and one of the reasons that we are moving to TN in the next couple of months is the fact that y'all have no state income tax; and I'll admit that while I enjoy ordering from the interent for obvious reasons I do give my local shops at lot of patronage as I know that there is a lot more than "bottom line cheapest out the door price" to consider here....[/quote] We are being taxed to death. Just because TN hasn't jumped on the commie train and instated an unrepealable income tax, like so many other states, doesn't mean that the crushing sales tax isn't significant. We pay the gov on 10 percent of everything we buy. This is on top of all the hidden taxes we never see, all the taxes we do see and the super crushing federal income tax. Yes, we are taxed to death. Some states are just a lot worse than ours. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

One of things I find most humorous here is the comment about already being taxed to death.... LOL And this is coming from a state where you pay no state income tax.... Now mind you I don't like paying taxes any more than the next guy, and one of the reasons that we are moving to TN in the next couple of months is the fact that y'all have no state income tax; and I'll admit that while I enjoy ordering from the interent for obvious reasons I do give my local shops at lot of patronage as I know that there is a lot more than "bottom line cheapest out the door price" to consider here....

Did you know that Tennessee also has the highest combined sales tax rate in the United States? It's a trade-off, pal. Sorry, I would like to pay a similar amount for my guns as someone who lives in a state where the sales tax is manageable. At least there are legal ways to avoid income tax, depending on your situation and lifestyle. Tennessee makes no attempt to collect taxes from online sales where the tax is not already collected by the seller. If they're not enforcing, I'm not paying. I need the money worse than they do. Edited by quickbiscuit

...and one of the reasons that we are moving to TN in the next couple of months is the fact that y'all have no state income tax;...

Actually, TN does have a state income tax.  Wages/salary are not taxable under our income tax, but if you have investment income (like stock dividends, etc...), you are taxed on that part of your income.

• Like 2
All I can say is that I am glad we pay a higher sales tax and no income tax, it makes the welfare, drug dealers, under the table workers pay part of their share. I would pay a higher sales tax to do away with Federal Income Tax.
  • Like 3

Actually, TN does have a state income tax.  Wages/salary are not taxable under our income tax, but if you have investment income (like stock dividends, etc...), you are taxed on that part of your income.

Yep, paid it for years. Now everything I have are various interest income which are not taxable.

http://www.state.tn.us/revenue/forms/indinc/inc250.pdf

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name="Patton" post="1123946" timestamp="1394686838"]All I can say is that I am glad we pay a higher sales tax and no income tax, it makes the welfare, drug dealers, under the table workers pay part of their share. I would pay a higher sales tax to do away with Federal Income Tax.[/quote] Ding ding! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just spoke with the architect and have seen the preliminary drawings. it will have a retail area as well as 25 lanes of indoor range. They look to start demo work within a few weeks.

Not for nothing, but that just plain sux.

I'm all the way over on the other side of the state, so not only will I still have to pay a transfer fee to my LGS, but  now I will have to pay sales tax. That puts them right in line with any LGS when all is said and done. Guess I will have to grab anything I want before the end of the year and then take my business elsewhere. :down:

For those worried, just call Whittakers and get a better price and still no taxes. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of them before this thread, but based on this....................

Shipping cost start at for firearms & goes up from there depending on location:

Hand Gun: 

Call for pricing

Long Gun:

$1.00 - $500 = $30 

$500- $1,000 = $40

$1,000 & up call for shipping cost

Shipping prices are absolutely ridiculous. Oh, so you want to order a rifle that costs $1500, no problem. Go directly to rip-off shipping charges, do not pass go.