Would like to be at Bass Pro on Black Friday (Just to take pictures)

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

When I lived in MS, I lived about 5 miles from the Bass Pro in Pearl, and it was one of my stops in the morning for Black Friday, not at 1AM, more like 9AM, when the crowds had died down. Last year BP in Pearl didnt even open until 8 on Black Friday.

Their full ad came out, and they have Winchester .22 for $25 per box of 500, limit one per customer and only 300 boxes per store.

Wish I could be there to watch the 10,000 people show up to get there 500 rounds of .22.

I dont get their other deals though. There BIG deal is a 10/22 Lasermax for $299, according to Kentucky Gun Company's website, its a buck cheaper at normal prices. Same at Academy and Cabelas. 

They (Bass Pro) have a Gamo Break Barrel for $169 on Black Friday, that I bought not that long ago for a nephew for $129 (Note: its the first Pellet gun I have shot in years and that thing is amazingly accurate at 25 yards and at 25 yards went right through a can of coke and out the other side and wouldnt surprise me if it could do it further)

Edited by TankerHC

As much fun as I always think it would be to go to some of these big box stores the day after Thanksgiving and watch the imbeciles trample each other, the almost certain anguish that I think I would feel just dealing with traffic coming and going always keeps me up on the hill a plenty safe distance from the idiocy. 

• Like 1

As much fun as I always think it would be to go to some of these big box stores the day after Thanksgiving and watch the imbeciles trample each other, the almost certain anguish that I think I would feel just dealing with traffic coming and going always keeps me up on the hill a plenty safe distance from the idiocy.

You use your tongue purdier than a twenty dollar whore.......
  • Like 2
Guest TankerHC

Go the next morning. Never anyone there and the real deals come out. The thousands who go the night before are there for the 3 laptop's they have on sale or whatever it may be. Every year Walmart puts out a big cardboard display of Iron Man and G Shock watches for 25 and 30 bucks. The next day after everyone's done fighting over their 10 dollar waffle irons I just go take my pick. Bass pro carries a fleece zip up shirt I like. They cost around 35 bucks. Every year the day after black Friday, there's always a bin of them for 5 bucks. Monday back to 35. Same with Best Buy, last year people jumping through hoops to get a ticket to buy a Tv. Next day, stacks of the same TVs at the same prices. 32 gb PNY thumb drives and 32 GB Class 10 SD card's. 5 bucks but no one looking on the little racks up frint. No need to wait in line just go the next day. No one there and the real deals are out.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Go the next morning. Never anyone there and the real deals come out. The thousands who go the night before are there for the 3 laptop's they have on sale or whatever it may be. Every year Walmart puts out a big cardboard display of Iron Man and G Shock watches for 25 and 30 bucks. The next day after everyone's done fighting over their 10 dollar waffle irons I just go take my pick. Bass pro carries a fleece zip up shirt I like. They cost around 35 bucks. Every year the day after black Friday, there's always a bin of them for 5 bucks. Monday back to 35. Same with Best Buy, last year people jumping through hoops to get a ticket to buy a Tv. Next day, stacks of the same TVs at the same prices. 32 gb PNY thumb drives and 32 GB Class 10 SD card's. 5 bucks but no one looking on the little racks up frint. No need to wait in line just go the next day. No one there and the real deals are out.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapata

Usually I leave my folks place the day after Thanksgiving and take a route that adds 20 minutes to a 40 minute trip just so i'm certain to miss the madness. If my wife wants to do some Christmas shopping I may take your word and go Saturday like you suggested. Just know that if I sit in traffic for hours or get trampled, i'm holding you responsible!  :rofl: Everyone says i'm a grumpy old man in and 32 year old body.. One day my body will grow into my inner grumpy old man-ness. I guess for some folks there's a rush to be had from it all but I don't care for crowds and I don't care for idiots so I can only imagine what a nightmare it would be.

I live in Murfreesboro so Bass Pro is out but there's an Academy, Dicks, Walmart and so on close by, what are your suggested places to try?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

This is what I do. I don't see the need to be inline for 6 hours to save some cash on something I probably don't need. I hit Target on Sat last year and scored most of the doorbusters that I wanted. I was talking to the manager and she said that they find A LOT of the doorbusters stashed in different places by customers. They go and clean up the store and find them and put them back in the displays. I even saw one of the 50 inch TV's they had on massive sale the day before(i have a 60 so no need for a 50). I always shop the Saturday now.

Guest nra37922

During the Christmas Holiday timeframe.  I would rather remarry my ex-wife than deal with Turkey Creek traffic.  I would rather have Obama over for dinner than deal with West Town Mall traffic.  I would rather have Nancy Pelosi as my mother-in-law than deal with Pidgeon Forge traffic.  

The Bunny Ranch could be giving out free samples and I still wouldn't drive near any of the malls for it.

Thanks God for Fed-Ex and Merry Christmas.