foreign currency

ironsniper1

Not following what your talking about.  Most of the time I just order it from my bank before a trip. Or I get it in country. Most major Airports have a exchange.

You will pay different rates due to changes daily, plus a service charge. 

Not following what your talking about.  Most of the time I just order it from my bank before a trip. Or I get it in country. Most major Airports have a exchange.

You will pay different rates due to changes daily, plus a service charge. 

This.

There's a currency exchange counter at the Nashville airport before the security checkpoints if you don't have a bank and don't want to wait until you get to wherever you're going. I'd assume they're more geared to exchanging incoming foreign guests' currency to US dollars, but they'll probably have a supply of the major foreign currencies.

Currency Exchange at Nashville BNA Airport - Available through the Business Service Center (Wright Travelicon1.png) located before C/D checkpoint, tel.  615-275-2660; and at
SunTrust Bank on ticketing level.
Edited by monkeylizard

im not traveling my gf wants to invest in foreign currency

Money traders go broke fast like... Doing it in person with all the fees will accelerate that one. The reason? Politics impact exchange rates in addition to everything else and you never know what's gonna happen.

Two kinds of people make money trading currency.

1. Professional currency traders
  2. Currency exchangers

All others are lucky if they break even.

There are mutual funds that invest heavily (if not exclusively) in currency swings. That's the best bet for someone not in one of the two categories above. There's money to be made in it, but the risks are high and the returns are rarely impressive enough to warrant the risk.

Guest RebelCowboySnB

Normally people diversify in things that are not so volatile, money is about as volatile as it gets.

I dont disagree but dont think someone that wants to hold on to some cash from other countrys the same as someone who is trading cash to play the market.

Investing in foreign currency is just like investing in american currency. Unless it is backed by real value it basically is worthless if you rely on it being valued by the word of the government.

Invest in Gold and silver, or ammo ( as of lately).

Only currency that really is worth something would be the pre-1960's silver laced coins or some sort of rare currency. In order for something to be valuable it has to be in demand and in very little quantity.

• Like 1
Guest Riciticky

Investing in foreign currency is just like investing in american currency. Unless it is backed by real value it basically is worthless if you rely on it being valued by the word of the government.

Invest in Gold and silver, or ammo ( as of lately).

Only currency that really is worth something would be the pre-1960's silver laced coins or some sort of rare currency. In order for something to be valuable it has to be in demand and in very little quantity.

Yes, I buy .999 silver when I have extra cash. Troy ounces.  Paper or electronic money won't be worth squat if SHTF!

Yes, I buy .999 silver when I have extra cash. Troy ounces. Paper or electronic money won't be worth squat if SHTF!

If the SHTF neither will silver. Can't eat it, stay warm with it, nor use it for clothing. Might be able to cast it as a bullet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 1