Not exactly good for tourism

bersaguy

There has been very active discussion of this over on Facebook. At this point, it is still unclear. From what I've gathered, the shooter was the owner of the establishment. I did not know him or the vic, but it seems the owner is well known by a lot of players to be a hot headed dick. That's still not a fact of the shooting that has yet to be fully investigated, but it is an opinion shared by many.

A lot of folks are of the opinion that the vic was a "gentle giant." If he was indeed a giant of a man, I would imagine his presence could be determined to be threatening in a situation clouded by alcohol.

We have to wait and see.

Guest Bonedaddy

Don't remember where I read it but it seems the victim was shot in the "back" of the head and that the owner is kind of a dipsh*t. IDK. Probably never know unless enough witnesses are able to get it out after the investigation.

There has been very active discussion of this over on Facebook. At this point, it is still unclear. From what I've gathered, the shooter was the owner of the establishment. I did not know him or the vic, but it seems the owner is well known by a lot of players to be a hot headed dick. That's still not a fact of the shooting that has yet to be fully investigated, but it is an opinion shared by many.

A lot of folks are of the opinion that the vic was a "gentle giant." If he was indeed a giant of a man, I would imagine his presence could be determined to be threatening in a situation clouded by alcohol.

We have to wait and see.

I bunch of my friends knew Wayne. Some are calling it murder. There were no eye witnesses, so who knows how this will shake out.

• Like 1

Shooting anyone in any part of the back of their body should send up red flags. If a person is shot in the back one would assume that the danger was over and the person with leaving. I am sure this will go for the shooter since he was the business owner and with no other witnesses dead people for the most part cannot testify UNLESS  their are power burns new the wound and a good forensic investigation is done. The dead man has a lot of people on his side as character witnesses that the victim was for the most part  a non violent person while the shooter was a know Hot Head.............Hope we learn the facts..............jmho 

• Like 1

Chris was a member on here a year or almost two ago. Many of you that attended the Nashville Fairground Gun Show might recall seeing him standing by the restroom area with the other peddlers in his pointy flashy cowboy boots almost every show. Although I did not know him personally I did talk to him a few times at the show about a few of his guns. Needless to say I was shocked and disturbed when I put 2 and 2 together and realized that I knew person responsible. I sure do feel sorry for the Waynes family having to deal with his pass but  especially so close to the holidays. 

Sounds like settling old scores to me....

leroy

Not from what I'm hearing. I have friends in that crowd. I just haven't talked directly to any of them yet. Just hearing their Facebook banter. The bar owner is a dickish kinda guy, from what I'm getting through my grapevine. I've been hoping the cops would come out with something. I think they're waiting for the medical examiner.

Sounds like settling old scores to me....

leroy

Based on what? Why would a guy be in a bar at 5am with an owner that he had problems with and no one else present? I’m not arguing just wondering if there is more information that has come forward.

Based on what? Why would a guy be in a bar at 5am with an owner that he had problems with and no one else present? I’m not arguing just wondering if there is more information that has come forward.

The way i understand this; the guy that got shot evidently wuz an entertainer who wuz (....i think, i dont know...) workin for the guy who did the shootin... Maybe bad blood, old debts, old anything; all of it pure speculation on my part.... Havin said that; the real fact is that i dont know... I'm gettin like you Dave: this one looks a bit strange to me from the get-go...I dont know of any "additional information" as yet...

leroy

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...