Ballroom dancing.

mav

Anyone here do this?  I am seriously thinking about starting.  I am not any kind of dancer, but it looks like so much fun.  Plus, it forces me to get off this idiot box and interact with more people face to face. :)

Edited by mav
I had one or two PE classes in junior high when I got hurt and had to ballroom dance with the girls.

The other kids talked ALOT of smack but it gave me the chance to put my arms around some very pretty girls. :D

It was fun enough as I recall but man I couldn't wait to get back to kickball or whatever. I'd give it a shot.

Anyone here do this?  I am seriously thinking about starting.  I am not any kind of dancer, but it looks like so much fun.  Plus, it forces me to get off this idiot box and interact with more people face to face. :)

If you do, pictures are video is required.  If you don't, we will just make stuff up and post it for you.

Confession time. A couple years ago I gave my wife a gift of ballroom dancing lessons, actually 2 one beginner and one intermediate. She really loved it. Would have even more had I been anything but flat footed. I'll admit it was fun, but I just sucked at it. The teacher was great and we even went to some dances to try and improve.

You should give it a try. Its good ecercise. See if you can find the movie Strictly Ballroom its pretty good.
My wife (girlfriend at the time) and I took a ballroom class in college. It was a ball! (ba dump bump). Seriously, we both really enjoyed it. Swing dancing in particular was fun. All the comments about cute girls do apply. Though it can be a fine line to walk (or dance) when with your SO, especially if she's the jealous type.

One of the churches I that I planted in Monterrey Mexico had it's start in our home where we sponsored Latin dance classes.  Demographics of the area were 18-25, young singles & married couples, so salsa, merengue & cumbia were something that they would spend time practicing.  Older professional men we involved in javelina, coyote and deer hunting.  When we came home for a year long furlough we took basic, then intermediate ballroom dancing sponsored by Chattanooga State.  None of them are for a sissy.  They strain muscles that even as a Marine I didn't know I had.  They were also good to help with communication in marriage.  My wife had to miss one lesson so I took my oldest doctor daughter and we had a great time.  At six foot & 250 pounds you will never see me in a tutu, but it was fun.  I'm not preaching here, but we had a great time dancing before my accident & I couldn't do it anymore.  Most community colleges & the YMCA have classes.

Cherokee Slim

Edited by Cherokee Slim
I actually took a ballroom dancing class in college... go ahead and laugh. I was the only guy in the class so I had to dance with all of the girls. After a week or so I started to enjoy it. The late night "practicing" with the girls didn't hurt either. Only used it once since graduation and that was at my wedding. You should try it. It's harder than it looks.
Guest TankerHC

My wife has been wanting us to take ballroom dancing classes for years, nope. Dancing days are over for me. I used to say that stuff was for a wuss, until, after saying high impact aerobics was for wusses when some friends kept trying to get me to go, and I went...holy crap...I did it for an entire year, wasnt any wusses in that class (At least none that stayed), if I were up to it I may try it, but Im not up to torturing my body any longer...and I wont make a comment on something I havent tried, made that mistake with high impact aerobics.