New Gun Store Open

WindHawk

I checked out the new Ashland City Armory today, just opened last Saturday.  Still a lot of construction activity on the building and more inventory arriving daily according to the staff.  Plans include an indoor archery range, a 25 yd. pistol and rifle range (up to 30 caliber rifles) and a Megitt Training System F.A.T.S. 7 simulator that they expect to have ready by mid to late February.  They also plan to offer training and permit classes after the range is completed and certified. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

208 N. Main Street.      615/792-0351 

I haven't stopped by in a couple of weeks.  At that time they expected to have the range (25 yd. archery & 25 yd. pistol, rifles to 30 cal.) and the simulator open in mid to late February.  They are still doing a lot of remodeling on the building and their early inventory was somewhat limited but they said they are getting shipments almost daily.  They also said that they had not planned to open this quick but when they started construction lot of people were stopping by and asking "when?" so they opened the doors. 

FYI - I'm not affiliated w/the business - just excited to have a local store and indoor range! 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest richard281

Was in there the other day and they have the Fats7 up and running. It was cool. They only have one firearm a Glock 17 right now with more on the way, but it was well worth the money. They can break down your shot down to the trigger pull. I improved my group in the hour I was in there. The Glock is a real Glock that has been modified to work with the system. I talked to the guy running it and asked if they would be doing any type of IDPA stuff on it and they are thinking about it. But the great thing is I shot some paper, steel, and zombies for an hour, around 700 rounds, and never had to spend a dime on ammo. I also tried some of the use of force training and its intense.

hum the one i used in NC was set up with a few scenarios, more of a shoot/don't shoot situation... I remember one was a robbery in progress, I was on the sidewalk near the door,  and one guy ran out with a bag in his hand and turned at me sort of aggressively then turned and ran away... the second guy that ran out, turned agressively, and had a gun so I took him out... it will get your adrenalin going for sure