NYC Gun Compliance Order

wewoapsiak

Guest ThePunisher
The people of NY voted for those commie politicians who want their guns. Voting has consequences. No revolt from the NY people and before too long other states will be affected b/c people have their head in the sand. Edited by ThePunisher

As CA and NY go so does the rest of the country.

IF we dont get out the vote STRONG!!!

I have to disagree, I've heard that a long time ago, long before HCP laws and castle doctrins were passed. Many states have become more gun friendly in the last 20 years. They would have to pass laws like that on a federal level, then they will really learn the definition of non-compliance. They can do that in places like NY because they have pretty much had a gun registry for a long time and private sales are illegal, they know who has a gun and what gun they have, at least the law abiding citizens who followed their authoritarian laws. In states like Tennessee, they have no clue who has what. They may have an idea who may own a gun by HCP records, but they could never know what and how many they own.

But I agree with getting out to vote, I do it every election.

• Like 1

As CA and NY go so does the rest of the country.

IF we dont get out the vote STRONG!!!

True. People that don't think this could eventually happen all over the country are kidding themselves. People didn't think there could be bans on mag capacities, but that's spreading like wildfire along with what the govt. likes to refer to as "assault" rifles. Remember that with enough support laws can be changed & it looks like even our Constitution will eventually be abolished along with our amendments. Also keep in mind that another man named Hitler didn't just take over...he was elected & later took advantage of those people & became the monster. It's been happening here in America piece by piece & I don't see it stopping anytime soon.

Okay, how about this. All decent gun owners and fully-pro-2A citizens (not residents) of the US move to some safe haven, like Wyoming. Put all the guns and all the smart people there, and then when the feds finally come for the last bastion of firearm freedom, they go poof in a hail of gunfire...

I'm getting tired of this crap, and I ain't but 19. Why can't we do anything about this? Why are the people of New York NOT rising up in violence and revolt over this absolutely totalitarian nonsense? I don't... I really don't understand. Even worse, why are they not being encouraged to do so by supposed pro-gun groups? Why aren't people offering to storm New York and stomp out every bit of governmental BS?

If I lived in New York and was a gun owner, I would not comply. I wouldn't go to prison, either. What the people of New York should and must do is exactly that - not comply... but it won't happen. When people come to take guns from the people, the time for voting and all that other political BS is long over.

Guys, how in the hell are we going to stop this? Tennessee and the south may not be one of basically two regions of gun-owners' safe haven for long. Something has got to be done.

Okay, how about this. All decent gun owners and fully-pro-2A citizens (not residents) of the US move to some safe haven, like Wyoming. Put all the guns and all the smart people there, and then when the feds finally come for the last bastion of firearm freedom, they go poof in a hail of gunfire...

I'm getting tired of this crap, and I ain't but 19. Why can't we do anything about this? Why are the people of New York NOT rising up in violence and revolt over this absolutely totalitarian nonsense? I don't... I really don't understand. Even worse, why are they not being encouraged to do so by supposed pro-gun groups? Why aren't people offering to storm New York and stomp out every bit of governmental BS?

If I lived in New York and was a gun owner, I would not comply. I wouldn't go to prison, either. What the people of New York should and must do is exactly that - not comply... but it won't happen. When people come to take guns from the people, the time for voting and all that other political BS is long over.

Guys, how in the hell are we going to stop this? Tennessee and the south may not be one of basically two regions of gun-owners' safe haven for long. Something has got to be done.

Something is being done. It’s called States Rights. Like it or not gun control is a States Rights issue. We have more gun freedom now in this country as a whole than we have had in the last 40 years. Those that say we are losing our gun rights read it on the internet and decided it sounded right; nonsense. They can do this in places like NYC and Chicago because the voters will vote for people that make them promises they think they can take to the bank regardless of their stance on gun rights.

Last year The 7th Federal district struck down Illinois carry ban. In Sept. the Illinois Supreme Court ruled that banning carry off your property is unconstitutional. However in all these cases including the decisions by the Supreme Court there has been language that allows for some reasonable restrictions by the state. Those restrictions will be handled and tested on a case by case basis by the states.

Acknowledging the 2nd amendment gives the federal government total control over gun control can only end badly in the future. Gun control is a crime control issue which makes it a States Rights issue. Four or five states have constitutional carry with more on the way.

The big issue here is that the economy is bad and poor voters are united. They do not care about gun rights when someone is promising them a paycheck and health care. Those people are firmly embedded in the Democratic Party. That is why those people are elected. People that do have jobs and healthcare are split all over the place with their priorities and their parties.

Democrats are going to keep gun control and terrorism in the headlines because they are failing miserably on the platform they run on; jobs and the economy.

Tennessee isn’t a safe haven for gun owners. Don’t kid yourself because you live here; it’s a crime to carry a gun in this state.
  • Like 2

Well I guess a few folks forgot what happened in Colorado a few months back when the Democrats started throwing gun laws out in that state. The people there had a recall vote and removed them from office and both positions got Conservative Republicans voted into them. That is what happens when people get pushed to far and it can happen in any state and not just Colorado. Also notice on the report listed above that the only guns mentioned are 22lr that the requirement effects which to me doesn't make a lot sense because they list shotguns in the opening statements but no shotguns are listed. I am just not to sure that is a legit piece of paper work and I will be doing some more research on it before I make any more decisions on it. "It even asks for any pertinent information on guns that a person may have in the list? Just to many things not adding up..............jmho

Well I guess a few folks forgot what happened in Colorado a few months back when the Democrats started throwing gun laws out in that state. The people there had a recall vote and removed them from office and both positions got Conservative Republicans voted into them. That is what happens when people get pushed to far and it can happen in any state and not just Colorado. Also notice on the report listed above that the only guns mentioned are 22lr that the requirement effects which to me doesn't make a lot sense because they list shotguns in the opening statements but no shotguns are listed. I am just not to sure that is a legit piece of paper work and I will be doing some more research on it before I make any more decisions on it. "It even asks for any pertinent information on guns that a person may have in the list? Just to many things not adding up..............jmho

Start your research right here....
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/permits/gun_licensing_faq.shtml

I was wondering the same.  And what happens if you just use the old "I sold that?"

Well, places like NY have records of who has brought and registered firearms.

If they try to use the I sold that,  then that person must not have had it properly transferred to the second party as required by those states.

At least I believe NY and maybe another state or 2 require that kind of registration.  This is exactly why we don't want to register as it gives them a leg up if they want to try to get them turned in.

Guest ThePunisher

Those people are firmly embedded in the Democratic Party. That is why those people are elected. People that do have jobs and healthcare are split all over the place with their priorities and their parties.Democrats are going to keep gun control and terrorism in the headlines because they are failing miserably on the platform they run on; jobs and the economy.

This why the 2014 and 2016 elections are so important b/c if the people vote for the democrats again, and they did so again in 2012 then our Constitutional Republic will come to an end. Heck we've still got three more years of Obama to fear with his executive fiats. People voting with common sense and being informed may never happen again in this country. With all the crap that's happened the last five years, there is no apparent urgency from the people or the opposition party (Repubs) in being vocal enough or rallying together to make change happen. The strong arm legislation of Obamacare alone should have people rallying with pitchforks and torches every weekend in DC. I'm not feeling very optimistic for our country b/c I believe the people have been asleep far too long to reverse the acceleration of the progressive movement. The next few years will determine if America will become disarmed, and it's likely to happen since most Americans don't seem to understand the Constitution or even care why it's so important to our liberty and freedoms. Edited by ThePunisher