Trading Post Feedback Dispute

Way back in May, I listed something in the TGO Trading Post for sale. At that time, TGO member acecool contacted me to purchase the item.

I am going to be honest, I don't recall what the item was (possibly R/C helicopter related), or even the exact events that took place around this ordeal. However, I felt the need to leave a negative feedback. I haven't felt the need to leave anyone else negative feedback, and it's something I try to avoid at almost all costs. For me to leave a negative feedback, I must have had a very good reason to do so. 

The negative feedback left by me was as follows: Doesn't return calls. Doesn't call back when says he will. Left me hanging

While my recollection of the events are a bit fuzzy, for me to leave this feedback, he must have told me that he definitely wanted the item. I must have attempted to call him multiple times. He must have told me that he'd call back, then failed to do so. He must have left me hanging. If I left this negative feedback, he deserved it.

Fast forward to yesteday. acecool, a member with zero active posts or transactions, felt the need to leave me negative feedback, basically disputing my legitimate negative feedback of him. Due to the fact that I left feedback for him 6 months ago, yesterday may have been the first time he's visited TGO since May. That is pure speculation on my part, but why wait so long to dispute the feedback I left for him?

Anyway, I am sorry to bother you with this, but I would appreciate it if someone could remove the bogus (and only) negative feedback left for me.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
I haven’t used the feedback thing so I’m confused. You left him negative feedback; he returned the favor (I would think that would be the obvious thing to happen) and you think his negative feedback should be removed?
I thought if someone said they would buy something and didn’t follow through they got barred from the marketplace or kicked off the forum?
  • Like 1

I haven’t used the feedback thing so I’m confused. You left him negative feedback; he returned the favor (I would think that would be the obvious thing to happen) and you think his negative feedback should be removed?
I thought if someone said they would buy something and didn’t follow through they got barred from the marketplace or kicked off the forum?

TGO's feedback system is similar to the system used by eBay and other websites. He, acting as the buyer, didn't hold up to his end of the deal. This resulted in a negative feedback from me. I, acting as the seller, did everything in my power to ensure the transaction went smoothly. He had zero reason to leave me a negative feedback, other than to "get even" for him receiving a negative feedback.

Edited by TripleDigitRide

TGO's feedback system is similar to the system used by eBay and other websites. ....

With one glaring difference. Anyone can leave feedback for anyone, even when there was no sale, or indeed, even any involvement with each other at all.

Also, on eBay, the seller can't leave neg feedback at all.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Good times. . .it reminds me of the negative feedback that a guy left for me once on here and the subsequent thread he created bashing me after I had pm'd him to set up a meet and he went completely went casper for three days.  .then got mad  when somebody else bought it. . .And Im very grateful for the support this community gave me in that thread as well. .He had no feedback and had been on here less than a month at the time and even during the course of the three days I had tried to contact him several times about the other buyers interest. . trying give him every chance to shore up his dibs. . .

Some peoples kids. . .

• 2 weeks later...

That's odd because a similar situation just happened to me.

irighti has never made a post on here but wanted the "FREE" items I recently listed (keyboard and monitors), he pm me wanting them. I also had my items on CL, also free. Without going into great detail my items were picked up off my porch after a quick phone call because I was unable to meet. Whoever called sounded like they spoke with me already.

At the time I didn't realized it wasn't irighti because he/she didn't have my number, CL's had my number listed. So irighti didn't get the free items.

My bad I suppose, but wouldn't have been appropriate for irighti to ask why instead of leaving me negative feedback, with the only comment of "RE"?  :shrug:

It might be good business to watch yourself when doing transactions/ giving away free stuff with these guys with zero posts or only 1 or 2, but I'm sure you guys already know that.

It's a shame you can't even give something away for free without some bs.

This just reinforces the need to have benefactor status before posting in the classifieds, just think of all the crap that would be going on if not for that. I'm glad to see TGO does not tolerate this type of thing, see my signature quote below.