Knox gun store burglarized

R_Bert

Maybe, but if I couldn't get mine in a safe they would be chained down. Too many meth heads out there. I truly feel for the store owner and would suggest glass beaks, shock sensors, and a cell backup.

I definitely agree that the owner obviously wasn't adequately prepared. If someone could break glass and get in, his bars weren't close enough together. My friend has a cellular setup with a key fob kinda like a car has and it doesn't matter if you cut a whole in the roof and repel in, you're going to set it off. I think the key is to have it set up `so that the alarm goes off and then have enough of a barrier in place that there's no way for them to cut through before the police respond. Guess it's up to the owner though.  

Something tells me that this ^ was emotions and regret talking.

Something tells me that was "calm down you hysterical ninnies, we will spare no expense to ensure you bed wetters who bitch and moan on Knoxville news websites might be able to rest at night".

Guest TankerHC

One thing about a determined thief, really doesnt matter how much security you have, if they want it, they are going to get it, unless someone is standing right there.

2 years ago in Shrewsbury, PA, at one of the shops we frequent (5 minutes from my cousins house in Seven Valleys), they were hit. This shop had a lot of guns including Full Auto. This place is basically in the middle of town. Shrewsbury cops are seen a lot. Thieves tried chiseling through the wall with hammer and chisels, wall was steel re-enforced concrete. Couldn't get through so they chiseled the steel window cover off and then chiseled through the concrete. Original report was 50 guns, but final count was 84 guns stolen including full auto. They had plenty of security. 

Thieves intent on stealing something will find a way. 

I think any alarm system that does not have motion detectors and maybe video that turns on automatically when system is activated in not a complete system. Wireless vibration sensors on walls and roof is also a plus. Back many moons ago I use to sell and design alarm systems for homes and businesses and A good system is not all that complicated if designed correctly and not that expensive compared to the loss if it does no work. Every business I put a system in all had panic buttons that were silent and went directly to police or Central monitoring station.......................jmho

I spoke with the owner today. They had bars on the windows, and the thief busted the window and went through the bottom gap of the bar, which was 9". They also found an egg timer on scene, timing them to make sure they were gone fast enough. 22 glocks and a few other guns got stolen.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

I spoke with the owner today. They had bars on the windows, and the thief busted the window and went through the bottom gap of the bar, which was 9". They also found an egg timer on scene, timing them to make sure they were gone fast enough. 22 glocks and a few other guns got stolen.Tapatalk ate my spelling.

9" ?!? Who were they expecting? I'm thinner than that and still short & dumpy.....
Problem #2 with putting the guns up each night is loss of value. Accidents happen and all it takes is a slip here or there and you have a fancy scuff or scratch on that once bnib weapon. Even the most cautious person can have it happen, or even it just being misplaced in the safe and falling over scuffing itself and others.

I think it was best said, good alarm and good equipment to make it damn time consuming to get in. A lot of us take that and apply it to our homes. After all, the value of family that is in our homes is far greater and un replaceable than the value or content of any store.

I spoke with the owner today. They had bars on the windows, and the thief busted the window and went through the bottom gap of the bar, which was 9". They also found an egg timer on scene, timing them to make sure they were gone fast enough. 22 glocks and a few other guns got stolen.Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Spots, if you are friends with this guy make the following suggestion. Get cell backup and get shock sensors on windows and doors (these need to be programmed as silent alarms) then the cops would be called before they even got in and they would not know it.

Spots, if you are friends with this guy make the following suggestion. Get cell backup and get shock sensors on windows and doors (these need to be programmed as silent alarms) then the cops would be called before they even got in and they would not know it.

I am not friends with him, just happened to be smoking the same time he was at the gunshow and we got to talking.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.