EO Tech - Magnify or Not

Thinking about picking up the EO Tech magnifying unit and wondering if it makes for a good setup or would it be better to go with a multiple power scope. Say a 1x4 or 1x6. Anyone have some experience with the EO Tech w/magnifier setup?

For me it would depend if I was going to spend the money on a FFP variable. I think it will boil down to personal preference but I kinda lean towards the FFP variable especially if it has a lit up reticle. Nothing at all wrong with an EOtech though.

Do it.

I can consistently put a mag full of XM193 55gr into a circle smaller than the size of my fist at 200 yards.

Best commercial load I have shot is the Fiocchi 69gr match ammo and I halve the size of my groups; just above MOA.

I'm selling my scope cause the more I shoot with the Eotech, the better I get ... Unlike with the scope.

Max range available to me right now is 200 yards. I'm still stunned at what that sight can do.

If you were local, I'd let you try mine out ... Windham Weaponry Varminter with a 20 inch barrel. I'm only starting to tap into what this system can deliver. Edited by Currently
Question...if you run a magnifier doesnt it also make your reticle bigger as well? I would think if your optic has a 2 moa reticle and you used x3 magifier the the reticle would be 6 moa...I dont think I would care for that...

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Reticle becomes larger and clearer, however it still covers MOA on the target.

This is good to know ... I just picked up an Aimpoint PRO, and I've only gotten to stretch it out to about 75 yds (Think my optic is a 2MOA dot, I would have to look just to verify).  Don't have a magnifier yet, and don't know if I will get one.  Still, good info that I was unaware of and will keep in mind for the future.

Eotechs are great, my favorite dot sight.  If you want magnification though, you're better off with a low powered variable, IMHO.  There are several good 1-4X scopes in the same price range as a Eotech/mag combo.

Ive used the magnified Eotech, and it just didn't work nearly as well magnified as a variable scope. 

my suggestion also would be to buy a magnified illuminated scope.  It may not be as apealing as a dot (1x on the scope) but it will work better on the magnified (4x) than the combo. 

The problem some have with a variable power scope as a red dot is the inability to shoot with both eyes open and see the dot.  So I guess it all goes back to the main application of the rife.  Are you thinking CQC with some more mid range shooting form time to time, or are you wanting to do more mid-long range shooting or hunting? 

• Like 1

I picked up an xps2-0 over the weekend at Quantico Tactical. They had the model on sale and the rebate made it even a better deal. Looked at the magnifier which was also on sale through tonight but since I have never shot a rifle with a similar setup I passed on the magnifier. I believe I'll study on the 1x4 scope market with lighted reticle and give the red dot with magnification some more thinking. Seems like a sweet setup though. Most of my shooting is CQB distance but would like something to get me out to 200+ yard mid range target shooting.

I picked up an xps2-0 over the weekend at Quantico Tactical. They had the model on sale and the rebate made it even a better deal. Looked at the magnifier which was also on sale through tonight but since I have never shot a rifle with a similar setup I passed on the magnifier. I believe I'll study on the 1x4 scope market with lighted reticle and give the red dot with magnification some more thinking. Seems like a sweet setup though. Most of my shooting is CQB distance but would like something to get me out to 200+ yard mid range target shooting.

Since you already have the Eotech I'd say go for the magnifier if most of your shooting is mid range. Let's face it you are gonna wanna use that xps since it's new. Tough part is the good magnifiers are almost as much as the red dot.

You can shoot 200 yds with the magnified dot. Just remember if you have a 1 MOA dot that's 2 MOA at 200 yds without magnification. You should be able to get minute of pie plate no problem with a 3x mag