Night stand guns caliber and capacity

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest TheButterSponge

Glock 21c with 30 round Kriss Vector magazine in the left side table. Glock 29 with Glock 20 magazine and TLR-1 in the table on the right. I'm not telling where the 870 is though. 

Guest RebelCowboySnB

I have no nightstand gun. My gun is on my hip all day an when I go to bed it stays on my hip.

Its a revolver by the way. I shoot one handed an though I can shoot pistols all day without issue, the one time I needed it I limp wristed it an it jammed. I tried later to an now know that I can not shoot a pistol reliably under stress. My revolver though goes bang every time an loaded with 000 I can make 20 holes in something before I am out. I am happy with that.

I have no nightstand gun. My gun is on my hip all day an when I go to bed it stays on my hip.

Its a revolver by the way. I shoot one handed an though I can shoot pistols all day without issue, the one time I needed it I limp wristed it an it jammed. I tried later to an now know that I can not shoot a pistol reliably under stress. My revolver though goes bang every time an loaded with 000 I can make 20 holes in something before I am out. I am happy with that.

You sleep with a gun on your hip? That sounds extremely uncomfortable. I imagine you have to sleep in jeans with a belt then?

[quote name="RebelCowboySnB" post="1098685" timestamp="1390317095"]I have no nightstand gun. My gun is on my hip all day an when I go to bed it stays on my hip. Its a revolver by the way. I shoot one handed an though I can shoot pistols all day without issue, the one time I needed it I limp wristed it an it jammed. I tried later to an now know that I can not shoot a pistol reliably under stress. My revolver though goes bang every time an loaded with 000 I can make 20 holes in something before I am out. I am happy with that.[/quote] Going out on a limb here....you sleep alone, right?
Guest RebelCowboySnB

You sleep with a gun on your hip? That sounds extremely uncomfortable. I imagine you have to sleep in jeans with a belt then?

Yep. Was a firemen for 13 years an just got use to sleeping dressed most of the time.. Just quicker when you ran 2 or 3 calls a night.. Grab boots an socks an I am out the door.

An yes I am currently single.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JeremyD901
I have my Glock 23 gen4 it's my everyday carry as well as my nightstand gun. It's a .40 cal 13 rounds. Also have a stream light Tlr-1s light I put on it at night.
  • 3 weeks later...

Glock 19 with a 870 on my way out of the bedroom.  Also a ZT Kershaw for close encounters and my electronic hearing protection.  I don't want to fire a round in an enclosed area and then be too deaf to hear other intruders or my family moving around.

I'm dressed 1/2 the time I'm asleep as well. Also armed. For me its some kind of narcolepsy, I pass out early most every night in my favorite tv watching chair. I'll wake up around 12:00AM, hang out for a few hours till dragging my butt up to bed between 2:00 - 3:00

I'm single too... :rofl: can't imagine what woman could <burp> resist me though...

Once I've officially "gone to bed" my bedside gun is a M&P VTAC. I really like the VTAC sites, no matter if its dark as night or bright as day when I wake up I have a set of sights made to "pop" in any light condition. I keep a flashlight handy too, nothing fancy just a cheapo led light.

I keep others around the house, my brother thinks I'm a nut because I have a kitchen gun. I thinks he's crazy not too, his GF is cool enough to let him...

Having said all that, I've used everything from a 22 to a SA 357 as a HD weapon and never have felt undergunned?