Anyone else been violently ill lately?

TMF

I have to take trips to California every December to spend the holidays with my wife's family and fiends. I sometimes catch something on the flight over from all the coughing sick people. Sucks because last year I was laid up in the bed alone at my mother-in-laws house all by myself while everyone was at the Christmas party/dinner. I had Panera tomato soup stuff and grilled cheese, they had a giant feast of home cooking. :( Edited by JohnC

My son is on day 6 of this.  Took him to the doc this morning.  Doc said this is really going around right now,  It takes 5-14 days to run its course.  He said the best thing to do is stop taking anti-diarrhea medicine, it only prolongs duration of the virus, and try to eat and drink like you normally would.  He said you will have stomach issues but that will help flush it out of your system faster. 

• Like 1

My son is on day 6 of this. Took him to the doc this morning. Doc said this is really going around right now, It takes 5-14 days to run its course. He said the best thing to do is stop taking anti-diarrhea medicine, it only prolongs duration of the virus, and try to eat and drink like you normally would. He said you will have stomach issues but that will help flush it out of your system faster.

Agreed. Had it, done it. Avoid stopping this up... Stay hydrated and let it run it's course. The puking may not be as bad if you let it out the other end (while wearing a nose clip).

I only threw up once... right at the start. My wife told me she was scared when she heard how hard I was throwing up... She had never heard me like that and was worried I might not be ok... I laughed and told her I had the exact same worry at the exact same time as her. :). Whew!

I didn't eat much of anything for 2 days in the middle of it.

My son is on day 6 of this.  Took him to the doc this morning.  Doc said this is really going around right now,  It takes 5-14 days to run its course.  He said the best thing to do is stop taking anti-diarrhea medicine, it only prolongs duration of the virus, and try to eat and drink like you normally would.  He said you will have stomach issues but that will help flush it out of your system faster.

That's good to know. We've been taking promethazine for the vomiting but I've stayed away from the pepto.

Just a sore throat so I thought... I at least was allowed to go home early from work and rest up. Hopefully i will be feeling better by saturday.  Cause i know no matter what, I'm gonna be getting up to Goodlettsville for my upper and lower.