the tgo receiver build thread

reed1285

suprised nobody has started one of these yet. We have a few threads on them in general chat, but they are scattered around.I think this will be better for actually posting your build/progress pics! So lets see those tgo receiver builds so far, or a completed rifle if your that quick! Im going to pick up my set in an hour or two, so I will be contributing my own photos very soon!

Nothing fancy: got the LPK from PSA from an upper I got earlier, it came with the stock and tube.. 

cmtlower1_zpsa7f8ae79.jpg

PSA Upper, Magpul Hardware, PA Cyber Monday special red dot, Surefire G2X 320 lumens flashlight, IWC  SMC 1" light mount..

cmtlower1built_zps821ed5e1.jpg

Will be getting a sling vickers or vtac one.. and call it a day and go shoot the hell out of it..

• Like 1

looks great man. Palmetto had a lower build kit a couple months ago that had the magpul str stock with it that was $139. I wanted to jump on it for this build but didnt have the extra lettuce at the time. Ive got the same flashlight as you but I have the older version that is selectable between 15 and 200 lumen. How do you like that light mount?

Thanks, wasn't looking for anything too fancy.. Not really a fan of this MOE stock (wobbles quite a bit), like the CTR on my other AR. But really looking forward to range time, with my two boys each with an AR to shoot.. We will be taking the competitiveness to the next level now.. 

Moving right along, got the upper mostly assembled, need to decide on a 10.5" .300blk barrel for the TGO upper. Hope the LPK shows up today.

11238975525_c3d53557b8_z.jpg

Rainier Arms had some in stock a couple days ago.  Good barrels. 

https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3390

I bought my last one from Alpha Shooting Sports, its been great.  Currently out of stock, so I dont know when they'll have them again

http://www.shop.ar15hardware.com/105-300-Blackout-pistol-barrel-ALP105300BOCM.htm

Edited by Lumber_Jack

Rainier Arms had some in stock a couple days ago.  Good barrels. 

https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3390

I bought my last one from Alpha Shooting Sports, its been great.  Currently out of stock, so I dont know when they'll have them again

http://www.shop.ar15hardware.com/105-300-Blackout-pistol-barrel-ALP105300BOCM.htm

I've been eyeing the ranier but the polygonal rifling had me a bit gun shy since I'll be casting my subsonic rounds. I appreciate the heads up on the Alpha Shooting Sports barrel as they weren't' on my watch list yet. . .

I've been eyeing the ranier but the polygonal rifling had me a bit gun shy since I'll be casting my subsonic rounds. I appreciate the heads up on the Alpha Shooting Sports barrel as they weren't' on my watch list yet. . .

I think you can shoot lead through them just fine. Noveske uses polygonal rifling and I was told leading was not an issue.

I'll have to look into it and see if I can find a source for that

So Noveske, Shilen/Rainier use whats called a modified Polygonal, where the lands are angled which reduces the leading of the barrels.  I also emailed Rainier and they said lead is perfectly fine, it just may take a little more elbow grease to clean.  Plus, unless you are shooting hundreds and hundreds of rounds at one outing without cleaning the chances of problems are miniscule. 

This is my first build. Do you guys stake the castle nut? I'm not sure if I'm gonna want to put an end plate with a sling attachment on in the future or not. Should I just wait? Also, for anyone who has never done a lower and is thinking about it. It was much easier than I anticipated. Not having to use roll pins helped a lot I'm sure.

-southernasylum

PSA pencil barrel and lpk, mid length gas system, moe grip, ctr stock with enhanced butt pad, tapco qd sling mount, MI 12 ss g2 rail, vortex 1-4x24 viper with Burris mount, yhm buis.. Now all I have to do is shoot it! aja6yhag.jpgu5y9a8a8.jpgdedejazy.jpg

Edited by jrock4

This is my first build. Do you guys stake the castle nut? I'm not sure if I'm gonna want to put an end plate with a sling attachment on in the future or not. Should I just wait? Also, for anyone who has never done a lower and is thinking about it. It was much easier than I anticipated. Not having to use roll pins helped a lot I'm sure.

-southernasylum

I didn't stake my last one. It hasn't moved. Check it periodically though. Once you have a config your happy with, then stake it. Peace if mind and all that

I would like to say between TGo and LF, you guys have peaked my interested and burned a hole in my pockets/wallet.. Thank you very much.. Now, I'm seriously considering a 300 Blackout pistol build.. but looking at a medium when it comes to barrel lengths..

I didn't stake my last one. It hasn't moved. Check it periodically though. Once you have a config your happy with, then stake it. Peace if mind and all that

Thanks, I was thinking that. I'm not very tacticool but with this new AR I might wanna get a sling to go with it. I've never used a single point and I don't plan on patrolling the neighborhood so I may be happy the way it is. I'm christening it as a pistol for now to leave my options open. I've left my stock with a friends just in case I want to make a rifle one day. I do love the way jrock4's turned out. Decisions, decisions...

-southernasylum