the tgo receiver build thread

reed1285

[quote name="tnguy" post="1076473" timestamp="1386649118"] Just the way my mind works. I like to avoid "permanent". Especially when I'm just feeling my way. If I were churning out a couple of hundred a day for the military, I might feel different :) I don't handle "supposed to" well, either :D[/quote] Just stake it. The only reason I suggested not doing so earlier was because the discussion was on the indecision of end plate. If you are waiting on a new one to arrive or just wanna try it, then fine. But if your set 'for now' then just stake it. YouTube "removing a staked castle nut". At most it takes a whack with a mallet I wouldn't put loctite on the castle nut, but that's just me, others do it. Edited by Lumber_Jack

Accuwedge does some, by basically adding thickness to the lower:

%5Cfaqs%5CAR-FAQs%5Caccuwedge.jpg

But still, I guess it is a nice feature. Certainly anything that makes the upper not wobble is good.

- OS

I believe that would still push the upper away from the lower 

Staking isn't permanent. And blue loctite isn't nearly as bad as red. There was at least one manufacturer using red out there. You had to torch the gun to remove the buffer tube. I used to be like you. I just figured out that the best way was the established way. The only reason to pull the tube is to change to a fixed stock, which removes all evidence of staking. Anyway, I finally figured that if I was gonna build AR's, I need to do it like an armorer.

Just stake it. The only reason I suggested not doing so earlier was because the discussion was on the indecision of end plate. If you are waiting on a new one to arrive or just wanna try it, then fine. But if your set 'for now' then just stake it. YouTube "removing a staked castle nut". At most it takes a whack with a mallet I wouldn't put loctite on the castle nut, but that's just me, others do it.

I'll take it under advisement. Once I'm reasonably sure I have it the way I want it. I'll probably be more comfortable with the idea. 

Just stake it. The only reason I suggested not doing so earlier was because the discussion was on the indecision of end plate. If you are waiting on a new one to arrive or just wanna try it, then fine. But if your set 'for now' then just stake it. YouTube "removing a staked castle nut". At most it takes a whack with a mallet I wouldn't put loctite on the castle nut, but that's just me, others do it.

I forgot about the endplate decision. I'm a Noveske guy

just finished up with my form 1's and Compliance certifications last night. going to get my pictures tomorrow, fingerprinted Thursday, then to sheriff Hammond's office to drop it all off Friday. Then once he mails them back to me, they will be sent off! Hopefully no more than another week or two.

Then the fun part starts. I get to hurry up and wait. I'm going to go ahead and send my lower off to Orion after the first of the year to get engraved. I'm glad these lowers dont have the machined out sections on front of the mag well, like the other cmt lowers have. That's where I'm going to get my engraving done. I'm so ready for this.

• Like 1

[url=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2392_zps22ff9355.jpg.html]IMG_2392_zps22ff9355.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2392_zps22ff9355.jpg.html][/URL]

[url=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2390_zps8b4cef09.jpg.html]IMG_2390_zps8b4cef09.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2387_zpsbaf50380.jpg.html]IMG_2387_zpsbaf50380.jpg[/URL]

Here's how far I've gotten. I haven't fired it yet, and I need to decide what type scope mount I want to buy.

The only snag I ran into was getting that little clip on the pin that holds the dustcover in place. Other than that, I bought too many tools, and it was much easier and straightforward than I anticipated.

Edited by gregintenn

[quote name="gregintenn" post="1077549" timestamp="1386815863"][url="http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2392_zps22ff9355.jpg.html"]IMG_2392_zps22ff9355.jpg[/url] [url="http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2390_zps8b4cef09.jpg.html"]IMG_2390_zps8b4cef09.jpg[/url] [url="http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2387_zpsbaf50380.jpg.html"]IMG_2387_zpsbaf50380.jpg[/url] Here's how far I've gotten. I haven't fired it yet, and I need to decide what type scope mount I want to buy. The only snag I ran into was getting that little clip on the pin that holds the dustcover in place. Other than that, I bought too many tools, and it was much easier and straightforward than I anticipated.[/quote] Very slick looking rifle there

I done fixed it. Kinda. So I think I now have it upside down so the bolt stands either half a thread proud or half a thread sunken. Unfortunately I put it all back together before I realized I could turn the button up the other way. I left it half a thread sunken and that's the way it'll stay until I have reason to tear things down again (I see no way it would affect function).

I am seeing some interesting mag release button options from googling around though.

At least it's not a roll-pin on the bolt button thing. I'm liking this design more and more. Think I'll see if it could be a mod for any lower I have in future.

Edit: Oh hey lookit that, you can swing the mag release over even with the bolt button in place. All good now.

Picked up some 5.56 at WM in case I get chance to finish the build before the weekend. Unfortunately they were out of the $70 boxes of 150 and only had 20s and the $460 metal can. A little rich for my blood just yet.

Edited by tnguy

Mine shot great, and to the point of impact with the cheesy back up sights I put on it. I haven't mounted a scope yet. Not sure which way to go there.

The only glitch I see is my feed ramps are either very sharp or burred, as my brass and bullets are scuffed by them.