Judge orders baker to serve gay couples despite his religious beliefs

At the same time why be so insensitive?

Life is short and things are funny. I'm white and find it amusing when I'm ridiculed for being a crappy dancer. I dunno, it just seems easy to be light about the things that make us funny. Gay people as a whole have a lot of funny stereotypes to acknowledge. No need to take it so seriously. People just need to chill and not always find excuses to be offended.
  • Like 1

I'm gonna jump in here and say as someone who has taken a dick and can also take a joke, I thought post #147 was funny. Even when I used to date men I thought leather daddies were funny. Now that I am married to a woman, I still do.

All the times i called you a cocksucker
  • Moderators
:lol: Alright you two. Knock it off. Back to topic, as someone who has faced real discrimination based on sexual orientation by being discharged under DADT (long story)I wouldn't call what took place there real discrimination. A private entity chose not to provide his services to a couple of folks based on personal convictions, boohoo. Unless this baker engaged in actions that caused identifiable harm to the couple like accepting the order and then reneging at the last moment, or calling all the other bakers in town and having them blackballed because they were a couple of 'mos then leave the poor man alone. To the couple in question I would ask why they feel the need to have the approval of everyone to the point of taking folks to court so that they can get some one to officially say they are just as good as everyone else. It speaks to deep seated insecurities in my opinion. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 8

Maybe the blacks should have just left the diners when they were refused service, stayed in the back of the bus because that's where they were supposed to ride. I mean it is the business owners right to refuse service after all. Let's go backwards some more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's right, mix a race and a class together. That's how things get more screwed up. Liberals do this to get more victims on their side. You're doing a good job.

You people who think someone owes you something will get all you want, one of these days. That baker owed no one. The gay who wanted the cake is an activist who should get back to being a polite individual. You, who want more laws, in the name of fairness, should decide
what else needs to be made fair because you obviously can't stop here. Bark all you want. I see people who think abortions are okay, gays who need cakes, and anyone who has a religious or moral belief chastised. Funny, isn't it?

The baker had a problem with this. Do any of you know anything else, other than the gay party decided to sue? I didn't think so. There were no rights denied anyone, until the liberals protect someone else. Nannystate continues to grow.

Congratulations!

These people who claim to know a gay or two and cites that as some kind of expert evidence,
don't know what that is: supposition, and is a silly way to back up an argument.

Edited by 6.8 AR

I wonder where this would all be if the baker had been Muslim?

I desperately await the day that domestic Islamic fundamentalism encroaches on liberal agendas. I think it would make the talking heads on msnbc explode.
  • Like 2

I desperately await the day that domestic Islamic fundamentalism encroaches on liberal agendas. I think it would make the talking heads on msnbc explode.

It's common knowledge what their practice is regarding homosexuals, but for some strange reason, the left still embraces them. Edited by daddyo

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

It baffled me when the media went after Putin for anti-gay laws while Islamic countries are imprisoning gays and administering forced hormone treatments to them. Selective outrage is a liberal symptom.
  • Like 1

One thing I do know is that I should have stayed out of this thread.  My post, #141, has gotten me in the dog house with my girlfriend.  "I can't believe that you think people should have the right to discriminate." 

I don't mind arguing/debating with you guys, I at least stand some chance of causing someone to rethink their position.  With my girlfriend, even if I win the argument, I still lose.  It makes no sense fighting battles you can't win.   :lol:

• Like 3

The power hungry liberal elite doesn't give a crap for the gay or the black or whatever group they have under their umbrella at

the moment. They are called useful idiots for a reason. Those same people can and will die when the ultimate power is reached,

and they won't have a choice. Any gay who thinks they will be protected after so many things have become protected, is as much

a fool as the rest of the idiots who wear their emotions on their sleeves. Even if it takes decades to happen, it will. Those people

will be cast in the same place they are being protected from right now.

This is something the black and the gay has yet to understand. When they finally get around to understanding all of this(some do),

they will be much worse off than now. It would be much better to use better role models than the usual activism for any group who

wishes protection. It all comes at a cost. A soon to be example will be Obamacare excluding treatment to a young person with Aids,

or a young person with sickle-cell anemia. When the money runs out, and it already has, except for the printing presses, a lot of

these stupid things will become apparent and there will be no one left to cry to.

There is a reason the Constitution doesn't include a bunch of touchy-feely emotional stuff: it's just stuff with nothing to better the

human condition. You lose your mind when you let your emotions control your life. It ain't rational, just like suing over a cake.

The ones who sued don't deserve any better than they got because they just want something like they're entitled to it.

This victimization thing is going to have an ugly ending.