Judge orders baker to serve gay couples despite his religious beliefs

Who are you kidding? That might be what you would do, but I would simply tell him to have a nice day and that I would not be back.

Don't guarantee something if you can't deliver.

Heck, there's plenty enough places that refuse us service at the door. With only a sign, not a nice verbal "F*** off" even.

Well, I think I have read all the posts here now and I can say this about my business of making fishing baits before I sold it last month. I made soft plastic hand poured baits for bass anglers for 18 years. During that time I am sure I made baits for at least 3 different gay fishing teams that fished tournaments. I fished some of the tournaments also. I had one team order a really large amount of baits and their bill was well over $175.00 dollars and I walked up and handed them the bags of baits and they handed me my money and I said thank you and walked away. Another guy from another team walked up to me and made a remark to me that the team I just sold them baits to are gay. I don't think he was expecting my reply. I looked at him and pull the wad of folded up money out of my pocket and looked at him and I said ,Well they have real greenbacks and I don't care what there preferences are. Their money is the same and spends just as good as any body else's and I will make them baits any time they order them. By the way, the guy that went out of his way to point out the gay team had never made a bait order from me before his comment and I am really glad he didn't order any after that because he would have paid at least double price. I am not a prejudice person and not judgmental about anyone as long as they do not try and shove something at me that I don't want to be involved in. I do have several gay friends that most folks don't even know they are gay. They don't flaunt it and don't do anything out of a straight type atmosphere when around me and my friends and some of my friends don't even know they are gay. They think they are room mates sharing a house to save on rent. As far as the baker, unless he does have a posted sign in his establishment in clear sight regarding his right to refuse service, by law he can't refuse service to anyone. Had a few buddies that owned businesses learn that the hard way through large fines and court costs. As far as the gay couple, they were just being overbearing and flaunting their gay rights and pushing an envelope beyond where it needed to go. I'm sure there were other bakeries that would have appreciated getting their business. I say both the baker and the Gay couple were both wrong and both of them were just trying to draw attention to themselves......................jmho  

• Like 2
Guest TresOsos

Just food for thought and/or reflection.

In 1973 the American Psychiatric Association declassified Homosexuality from a Deviant Mental Disorder and reclassified it as a "Sexual preference"

in the organization's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

Now 40 years latter the attitudes towards homosexuals in society have changed to where we are arguing over baking a cake for a homosexual wedding.

Now this year 2013 the same American Psychiatric Association declassified Pedophilia as a Deviant Mental Disorder and reclassified it as a "Sexual Preference" in the organizations Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

(note: The APA has been back tracking and double talking on their decision as it has drawn a lot of criticism.)

In another 40 years will people be arguing about a baker who refused to bake a Birthday Cake for a pedohile and his 6 year old child lover?

Edited by TresOsos
I thought that manual was starting to lose credibility anyway. I think I heard it turns out that mental disorders are so diverse and gradiated and have different causes that trying to pigeonhole them turns out to lead to misdiagnoses and incorrect treatments in a huge number of cases.

Just food for thought and/or reflection.

In 1973 the American Psychiatric Association declassified Homosexuality from a Deviant Mental Disorder and reclassified it as a "Sexual preference"
in the organization's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
Now 40 years latter the attitudes towards homosexuals in society have changed to where we are arguing over baking a cake for a homosexual wedding.

Now this year 2013 the same American Psychiatric Association declassified Pedophilia as a Deviant Mental Disorder and reclassified it as a "Sexual Preference" in the organizations Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
(note: The APA has been back tracking and double talking on their decision as it has drawn a lot of criticism.)

In another 40 years will people be arguing about a baker who refused to bake a Birthday Cake for a pedohile and his 6 year old child lover?

Yikes

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
  • Like 1

Ok gang I motion we chip in and send the boys their cake thank the judge for being fair and end this thread that will go on forever.
Here's what I had in mind from www.mancakes.com
We can add some toy guns, steel poppers and have em put a TGO logo on the side...

This is better than 147,who would expect less from a tn gun owners forum. The ol lady asked me what I was laughing at, when I explained she said: y'all are stupid,especially getting worked up over 2 gay guys that want a stupid cake. Tell em to go to another bakery what dumbasses.
Roflmao....
dajanaby.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 1
I didn't take the time to read the 14 pages of comments, so I apologize if it's already been asked; but what happened to private ownership and the right to refuse service? They don't want tolerance, they want acceptance. I will do the former, but never the latter. Sorry.

I didn't take the time to read the 14 pages of comments, so I apologize if it's already been asked; but what happened to private ownership and the right to refuse service? They don't want tolerance, they want acceptance. I will do the former, but never the latter. Sorry.

Be careful, you'll be put in the corner with the rest of us homeyphobes....