Is there any help for Glockitis?

charlessummers

I really do love the Glocks...any of 'em. Pick'em up and shoot. Pick 'me up outta the mud and shoot. Pick 'me up outta the snow/ice/water and shoot....( from tests I've seen....never done it in real life, but it's nice to now I could...) no safety to think about, just pick it up and shoot. I have a 30 to carry and a 34 for IDPA. Wish I had a 40...... Not yet but soon......very soon I hope.

I don't get it, I have nothing against Glocks, I own two and they rotate as my EDC guns.  I trust my life to them.  That said as far as shooters I don't care for the Glocks at all.  I get much more pleasure shooting 1911s, revolvers, and vintage .22 pistols. 

• Like 3

After purchasing my last Glock, I now have the 17, 26, and the 30. Now I'm thinking about buying either the 21 (.45) or the 31 (.357sig). Both are expensive rounds, but I already have a nice supply of .45... and I DO NOT NEED either one. What was once Rugeritis, has now turned into Glockitis!!!

What can I do?

I LOVE the .45 auto... and my brain says it's supposed to be shot from a 1911 (Which I have), but something about a double stack magazine just makes me happy! I also LOVE the .357 Magnum round, and while the .357Sig supposed to be its' equivalent in an auto round... I'm curious about it.

Find a used G22, then buy a G31 barrel as well. That way you can add .40 AND .357 SIG to the arsenal without buying two guns.

I had Sigitis!  Buying the P229, then P226, then P220 didn't help and seemed to make it worse.  After waiting thru their problems with getting a reliable P238, then P938 on the market so I could get one I kinda got over my desires for a P224 and the Sigitis dwindled.  Then I held the G26, bought one and fell in love with it.  Now wifey wants one, I want a G19 and find myself thinking about a G30S or G29.  Glockitis has now rooted and I'm tired of fighting it! :rofl:

AS if any of you need a reason; however...

Be advised that Glock will soon discontinue all "C" models, and the regular Gen3 G20/G21 is soon to be gone as well (the "SF's" are safe and sound).  I don't think a formal announcement has been made, but from what I understand, it's a done deal.

Unhappy wife... Check!

2 Kids and a cat... Check!

Elect another liberal democrat dictator... Nyet!

Seriously, the wife... she moving out in January. The 2 kids and the cat will still be here, so gun fund will be considerably less than its' current budget. Luckily I've never been impressed with the compensated models.

• 2 weeks later...

There sure is; a 300 blackout pistol:
uhunyvu9.jpg

Cause ultimately you'll be forced to get into reloading, buying cans, adjusting gas tube pressures and more. it's all horrible, and even worse, women will have more to hate unless they shoot.if they do, then you'll have to share it. Plus she can hide your glock but I promise, fitting a 300 pistol in an average purse or center console is gonna be a bitch, so it's a win win,you get more gear/more stuff to mess with!!!

My black weapon addiction counselor says this is the way to go for fighting glockitis, piston fever, and other forms of signess and rugermonia...When all is said and done.... the worst thing to ask yourself is " whats left in MY wallet" LOL enjoy 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Edited by Dustbuster

Let's see... I have (err... had, before the boating accident) about 6 or 7 Rugers, so that wont help the Glockitis. Have a few Smith & Wesson's, which doesn't help... but no Colt's. Guess I could try, but I really want a G19. Oh yeah, After my last post, somehow a G32 found a way into the collection. Not too crazy about the prices of the .357sig, but what the heck... I only need a thousand rounds of it in supply to feel like I have enough.

It must be replaced with another itis . My Glockitis is in remission for now. However a G-42 might cause a flair up . Mine was replaced by lever actionitis for now .

I am currently inflicted with two viruses of the lever-actionitis . These two viruses are a strain from Marlin from 1954 and 1963 . I just can't seem to shake them and I don't want a cure either   :rock:

Let's see... I have (err... had, before the boating accident) about 6 or 7 Rugers, so that wont help the Glockitis. Have a few Smith & Wesson's, which doesn't help... but no Colt's. Guess I could try, but I really want a G19. Oh yeah, After my last post, somehow a G32 found a way into the collection. Not too crazy about the prices of the .357sig, but what the heck... I only need a thousand rounds of it in supply to feel like I have enough.

Should you ever want to give the G32 away, I'll give it a home. I traded my off and have regretted it ever since. Still have an XD 4" to shoot my ammo stash from though, so it's not a total loss.

Should you ever want to give the G32 away, I'll give it a home. I traded my off and have regretted it ever since. Still have an XD 4" to shoot my ammo stash from though, so it's not a total loss.

Thought about trading it for either a G17or a G19... think I'll regret losing this one?

I have a few Glocks and more seem to show up all the time.  My Glock 21 Gen4 is one of my favorite handguns.  I am on my second Glock 21 Gen4 because I sold the first one I purchased to fund another 1911.  I knew I made a big mistake and last week purchased my second Glock 21 Gen4 and this one will be a keeper.  If you purchase the Glock 21 you will not regret it.  I also got my new GSSF coupon in yesterday.  It may be time for another Glock.

Picked up the Glock 19, GEN 3, this evening. They've been elusive but Academy had one in stock for the same prices that people are asking for their used ones. As soon as I get to run some rounds through it this weekend, It will probably be my truck gun/part time carry gun.

On a side note, I sold the G32 since I can't find ammo for it. Its sale helped fund the G19. I've got the G30 in .45acp and LOVE that one. Carries well too. My next will probably be the G21, but I'll have to wait to find a good deal on one first. (ie: Build up my gun fund again).

Edited by charlessummers