.22lr 525 bulk packs at Wally Murfreesboro

Reading the article at the link posted, not only gave me concern for future ammo supplies, but for how much we may be paying for automobile batteries in the future! Castro, nor Khrushchev, could not have done a better job of destroying this country! If he can get to that magical number of people he's looking for, more people taking than giving...we'll be disarmed anyway...and won't need any ammo!

Edited by Sidewinder
I thought lead is a mineral and comes from the earth and is mined. It's obviously plentiful or it would be expensive like gold or silver. The EPA says it's dangerous to the environment and groundwater? I know that in extreme exposures it can cause health problems, but I just don't understand the EPA claims based on what I wrote in the beginning of this post.
I believe they tried going after lead at ranges a while back but it turns out that the lead does not leach into groundwater.

With these people, it's not just a means to an end, it's *any* means to their end. That is why totalitarian regimes tend to produce death tolls in the millions.

Yes they are closing the Doe Run primary smelter, that is used to get lead from ore. There are secondary smelters which melt down car batteries, etc. and recycle lead for any use, including the one at Doe Run. Lead is one of the most recycled metals used, IIRC it is nearly 95% recycled. We are not running out of lead.

In case you aren't aware the EPA is the worst enemy of the U.S.A. far worse than Russia or China ever thought of. That is why diesel fuel is so expensive because the EPA made the sulfur content so low they have to refine it twice to remove enough of the sulfur to meet the regs. Mexican trucks don't have all the DEF fluid and all the other crap on it? I don't have a college degree, but I did learn that this planet has an enclosed atmosphere. The air we breathe is the same that Mexican trucks and Chinese trucks polluted it with. So why is it that we have to bear the burden of keeping the planet clean??? The supertankers that bring crude oil from the middle east burn crude oil on the open ocean and switch to diesel when they get closer to land. Okay I will stop ranting now, not much use anymore.

I went in to Wal Mart this morning on my way to work, gonna get some stuff for lunch.Anyway I went back to the ammo to see if they MIGHT have 22.No luck,this was at 6:10am and there was a guy and I guess his wife standing at the counter.The woman was still applying her makeup as she stood there , which I thought was funny!There was a blue 5 gal. Bucket and a Sundrop sitting beside it in the floor.I guess they thought they may be there awhile. Lol. I usually work second shift, so this was my first time seeing some of these people that have more time on their hands than I do.Ive heard about them , but never saw any till this morning.Not bitching, just telling you what I saw.

Stopped at a different wally world at lunch today. FULL cabinet of ammo. Cans of 9mm, 7.62, 5.56. No empty spots on the shelf. Except for the very top of the shelf, with one spot for some 22. 'course there wasn't any. It was a good to see. (the full cabinet)

Last week I bought some 22 short CB's at another wally world and got the gruff employee that has had enough of everyone asking about ammo. Got 3 boxes of 100. First time for shorts at Wally world in over a year.

That's not 100% true. These carnie gypsy resellers are not paying income tax on their business that they have created. Seems harmless until one does that math and sees exactly how much money these jerks are making by networking.
  • Like 1
Guest carter

I had a nice talk with a gentleman at Walmart on Old Fort one morning... Very nice older guy, he said they aren't getting in hardly anything, personally i haven't seen the amount of 22lr for resale like i use to online at certain sites...  some idiot will break down and buy that 20 dollar box of bulk for 60 or what ever they are trying to pawn it off for... these people are straight garbage... also i have noticed the gun prices high...for used guns its ridiculous... 

Guest carter

Trust me, they get it in regularly... But the managers and regular criminals get it before it's ever known..

I take this guy as an honest guy...he said they got 4 boxes the morning we talked for a bit and i don't think he was lying to me lol I use to go in the wee morning hours when i got off work regularly but since i only have a 22lr pistol now and haven't shot in ummmm about a year (sad i know) i have a few thousand rounds of 22lr so I'm hording it... was thinking about a 17 hmr since its a lil easier to come by or even the 17 wsm... online retailers actually have that in stock...heck i got rid of my AR cause ammo is still too high for my blood... so now I'm 12ga and .40 all the way... at least i can go to walmart and buy a box of slugs or some target loads... 

Edited by carter