I dare you to watch this and not feel great!!! :)

Guest Bonedaddy

Man, I wish I could see the Smithsonian, one day but 'specially their warehouse and secret places. Maybe the Ark, the Aurora or proof of Atlantis really is in there somewhere. Just sayin', ya know.....?

Guest Bonedaddy

The Smithsonian is one of the best places I have ever visited

Extremely jealous, I am. Too bad it's "over there" instead of someplace nice, like....Tennessee. I've been to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chi Town and it was great for what it was but I somehow feel it wouldn't hold a candle to the Smith.

Extremely jealous, I am. Too bad it's "over there" instead of someplace nice, like....Tennessee. I've been to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chi Town and it was great for what it was but I somehow feel it wouldn't hold a candle to the Smith.

The Chicago Museum of Science and Industry is a great one.  Every few years I head to DC and mostly for the Smithsonian museums; I usually reserve a day each for the two Air&Space facilities and a day for the Museum of American history and Natural History Museum. The zoo is a favorite stop as is Arlington National Cemetery, The Pentagon 911 memorial and Mount Vernon. Of course, I can't pass up the memorials either...Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, WW2, Vietnam and the others.  :)

• Like 1

That video was amazing. As a child of a retired Air Force Major, that really choked me up.

For those that like the Air and Space Muesum, you should visit the Wright Patterson Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio. I really feel it blows the Smithsonian museum out of the water and I believe it is still free also. If you go, expect to spend a whole day. Even with that you will be pressed for time to see it all.

That video was amazing. As a child of a retired Air Force Major, that really choked me up.

For those that like the Air and Space Muesum, you should visit the Wright Patterson Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio. I really feel it blows the Smithsonian museum out of the water and I believe it is still free also. If you go, expect to spend a whole day. Even with that you will be pressed for time to see it all.

I agree...I grew up about 50 miles from Dayton and used to visit it every year...haven't been there for a while and I need to do that!

My Father is retired Air Force, and we visited the Air Force museum when I was a teenager...that means it was a long time ago. I need to revisit the next time I'm near the area. Its been quite a few years since I visited DC too, but I plan on a visiting again in a few years. Robert, thanks again for posting the video...I saw the Air Force band a few times growing up, but this performance was very special.

My Father is retired Air Force, and we visited the Air Force museum when I was a teenager...that means it was a long time ago. I need to revisit the next time I'm near the area. Its been quite a few years since I visited DC too, but I plan on a visiting again in a few years. Robert, thanks again for posting the video...I saw the Air Force band a few times growing up, but this performance was very special.

You should go back. I went with my dad back in the 80's and loved it. I took my son back during the 100 years of flight celebration for the air show and the museum. I swear it was twice as big as when I was a kid. Plus you can take a tour of past Air Force One planes which was pretty cool.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack :)

Come on...I dare you...Tell me you big strong men didn't tear up and get a lump in your throat at that.

I certainly did.

That was awesome!!

What...ahem...no, not....ahem...me :-)