[quote name="45guy" post="1091880" timestamp="1389232553"]I got me a Monster light for Christmas 1200 lumens. I have a Sabre-5 that I thought was brite at 500 lumens but the monster blows it away. Check this puppy out. [url="http://www.wickedlasers.com/torch"]www.wickedlasers.com/torch[/url] you can start a fire with that thing 4100 lumens.[/quote] Man, do you have to wear bunker gear or Nomex when using that thing? It would be my luck that it would accidentally come on and set my britches on fire.......

I got me a Monster light for Christmas 1200 lumens. I have a Sabre-5 that I thought was brite at 500 lumens but the monster blows it away.  Check this puppy out.

www.wickedlasers.com/torch  you can start a fire with that thing 4100 lumens.

Battery life of 5-10 minutes...wouldn't get much done in that amount of time but that is one bright light.

http://youtu.be/NiKzrnKR3Ts

Edited by samson7x
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Surefire M4 Devastator (talk about eating batteries, and bulbs)

Surefire G2 LED (5 years, 2 deployments. probably my favorite)

Nitecore MT1A (this is my every day carry)

Cheap Cree light(not sure on any of the specs but it's a great light, took it to Italy and on 2 deployments)

Currently have a cheap weapon light til I can upgrade my rifle

I just ordered one of these this morning after messing with one at the 'Boro gun show. Finally spent more than $3 on a light, that's out there for me. Good size and function for me.

I played with one at the same show this past weekend and almost bought it. I liked everything about that light.. IIRC, it was cheaper at the show than I'm seeing online. Best deal I can find at a reputable store is $77 w/ free shipping on OpticsPlanet.

Did you find a better deal online incl. shipping? Edited by BigK

I played with one at the same show this past weekend and almost bought it. I liked everything about that light.. IIRC, it was cheaper at the show than I'm seeing online. Best deal I can find at a reputable store is $77 w/ free shipping on OpticsPlanet.
Did you find a better deal online incl. shipping?

Found mine for about the same. Everywhere I looked seemed to be with in a few dollars. Most of the time Amazon gets my money for everything these days.
[quote name="mcordell" post="1098122" timestamp="1390233373"]Love me some lights ... I got my new fenix TK75 (v2 2900lm) in a few weeks ago .... Extremely impressive throw I highly recommend fenix ... I've got a few of their lights and they have all been fantastic[/quote] Fenix has good lights. I've owned several throughout the years. I've had to use their warranty on two (comes with 24 months I believe). One was a manufacturer flaw, while one was partially my fault. Both times they've been easy to deal with, quick to respond, and fixed my problem beyond my satisfaction. Since they're a China company you usually go through distributors in the states, but the process is started with an email to China.
  • Moderators
I've always been a Surefire junkie myself.

Surefire G2

Surefire E1B (sadly, I lost this one a year ago)

Surefire E2DL

Surefire Saint Maximus

Surefire X300 Ultra

The E1B was my favorite for EDC. The E2DL is a great, great light, but fits funny in the pocket and it a bit long. I am considering a purchase. Honestly, I'm considering Streamlight, but Surefire has never let me down.

I am trying to decide between:

Streamlight PT-2L (260/13 lumens, includes strobe) $47.05

Streamlight PT-1L (110/12 lumens, includes strobe) $41.37

Surefire EB1 (200/5 lumens) $154

Now, I've always wanted a strobe feature on a EDC light, but Surefire has yet to implement that into any of their cheaper lights for EDC. However, Surefire quality is very well and it is "Made in USA" (who knows exactly what that means). Streamlight is, to the best of the knowledge, made in China. However, lots of cops swear by them. Honestly, I'm leaning towards the PT-2L, but I like the clip design on the EB1 better. The thing about the E1B I had...it just sat in your pocket so nicely.

Any input anyone? I could buy the  PT-2L and the PT-1L and still come out $50 ahead compared to the Surefire. But what about build quality? Edited by CZ9MM
Got the Fenix PD35 today. All I can say is wow. I thought my little bargain 9 LED, with 3 AAA batteries was nice and bright. With the settings on the Fenix, I figured the old light is around 8 lumen (first click is 10 on the PD35). The first set of batteries on the new light won't last long playing with it.

I haven't gotten my Fenix PD35 from Amazon yet and I've already ordered another from LA Police gear. There Operator L1 was ordered this morning. Can't beat there warranty either, worth a try.

Ive got their Operator L1 and I love it!  Brghtest light Ive ever owned!  Love the different setting too!

• 4 months later...
I still have several PentagonLights I use most often (Surefire sued them and put them out of business for being too similar)... From the little Molle up to a 500 lumen weaponlight on my Benelli. A Surefire G2X is my go-to nightstand light, and I have a Streamlight nano on every keychain and in every bag. Insight M3X on the G21SF...

Cheap but but good ones for under $4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tNt-EzSJFc

:up:

A buddy of mine just bought a couple of those... Decent little light.