Finally got my HCP

Guest CCPT

I know it's weird being an LEO and not having one, but I just never have. I finally decided to, and it arrived today. Just wanted to share...

If anyone is interested in the timeline:

Turned in the application with completed print cards on 10/23; according to the permit, it was issued on 12/4; received 12/12. Not too bad IMO.

I know it's weird being an LEO and not having one, but I just never have. I finally decided to, and it arrived today. Just wanted to share...

Turned in the application with completed print cards on 10/23; according to the permit, it was issued on 12/4; received 12/12. Not too bad IMO.

Congrats! I must have done mine at the right time. Did it earlier this year, did my DMV and fingerprinting on the same day. 10 days later, the permit was in my hand.

As an LEO, you still need a TN HCP to carry on your person off duty?I thought LEO's could carry on and off duty without a TN HCP.

We can, but it has to be with a department approved and qualified weapon in order to be authorized under our commission. With my HCP, I can carry whatever I want. That was one of my main reasons for getting one...

Congrats! I must have done mine at the right time. Did it earlier this year, did my DMV and fingerprinting on the same day. 10 days later, the permit was in my hand.

Yeah I was surprised, honestly, that mine took so long. I figured turning in a copy of my commission with completed print cards would make it a bit quicker. But then again, who knows how long it took the DMV to get it to Nashville? 10 days definitely seems like record time.

I'm still waiting on mine. Going on about 30 days now.  (counting non-business days)  The wait is just brutal.

Hoping mine will be in before the week is out.

Hang in there. Hopefully they get it to you before the Christmas break!

We can, but it has to be with a department approved and qualified weapon in order to be authorized under our commission. With my HCP, I can carry whatever I want. That was one of my main reasons for getting one...

Oh ok. Now I understand it. :up:
Guest Bonedaddy

Took me 29 days total to get my first card but I'm 'bout to get aggravated on my renewal. Called'm at the first of Sept. (mine expires near the first of Jan), got the form in 2 days, got my "legal" letter till it comes but have, yet to get it. Called the day after Thanksgiving and they said I should receive it in 7-14 biz days, called 2 weeks, later and they act like they fo'got to mail it and now, I should be receivin' it on Christmas Eve. WTF!? Still waitin' on forms for dups, too. I feel like they're playin' games with me, at times.

[quote name="gjohnsoniv" post="1077869" timestamp="1386876687"]I'm still waiting on mine. Going on about 30 days now. (counting non-business days) The wait is just brutal. Hoping mine will be in before the week is out.[/quote]they still issue them to red heads? I thought I was the last one... Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

So, the Law Enforcement Safety Act only allows you to carry whatever firearm your certifying department issues?

Edited by Twin
Guest Bonedaddy

Took me 29 days total to get my first card but I'm 'bout to get aggravated on my renewal. Called'm at the first of Sept. (mine expires near the first of Jan), got the form in 2 days, got my "legal" letter till it comes but have, yet to get it. Called the day after Thanksgiving and they said I should receive it in 7-14 biz days, called 2 weeks, later and they act like they fo'got to mail it and now, I should be receivin' it on Christmas Eve. WTF!? Still waitin' on forms for dups, too. I feel like they're playin' games with me, at times.

Finally, (sorry for the thread jack) got the dup forms Sat. and the renewed HCP came, today, after 3 and half months. Looks different, now.