What does it cost to load 300 BLK?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your milage may vary. The 147s were cheap for me, same with that powder. The 208 is store bought prices.

My breakdown

147gr pulls going 1900fps from 8.5" barrel
H4220 powder
Tula primers
Free brass (processed and made on dillon dt1200)

.208 cents a round.

208 amax doing 1050fps out of 8.5" barrel
1680 powder
Tula primers
Free brass yet again

.386 cents a round Edited by 173rdABN

Thanks for your replies everyone.

38.6 cents a round sounds pretty good compared to the $1.00+ per round that I see for newly produced 300 BLK. Casting my own bullets had not occurred to me either, but it's something else to keep in mind. I'll keep this information on the backburner for when I have the resources to start reloading anything in the first place.

38.6 is an expensive yet the best sub sonic I thought worked out of my gun. Lots of people like sierra 240gr and the big stuff like that but your talking way more money the 208s are pretty cheap considering how amazing they are. You can aways do a 175, but it doesn't suppress all that well. Heavier stuff seems to work better.

I'm sure you can beat my price. Always worth a shot. I'm obviously the most expensive one here because I don't cast. So that's also something to take into consideration.
I load the 175gr pulled Sierra Matchkings I got from David on the forums. They cycle well out of my 10.5" AAC suppressed and unsuppressed. I think I was around 12 cents a finished round. Started casting but have not loaded any of the cast bullets yet. Waiting on my take down suppressor.

Where are you located? I'm on my phone so I can't see it. If you're close I might could help you out with lead if you're needing some.

Near Ardmore, TN right on the TN/AL line.

Ebay, tire shops and dental offices

Gotcha, didn't know if there was a new source or method. I guess I need to hit up the wife's cousin, he has a good size performance tire and rim shop.  I guess I'll start collecting it up.

Near Ardmore, TN right on the TN/AL line.

Gotcha, didn't know if there was a new source or method. I guess I need to hit up the wife's cousin, he has a good size performance tire and rim shop. I guess I'll start collecting it up.

Ah. Well I guess that's a bit far to drive for lead and shipping would be prohibitive unless using a flat rate box and I'm not sure if the are any rules about shipping of lead. If you have an "in" with a tire shop you should be okay. We have tons and tons of tire shops here in Murfreesboro but all but a couple already have deals set up with scrap metal haulers and in some cases, other casters.
If you think you may start casting then you better go ahead and start collecting lead. Because it's about to get even harder to get. Also just in case you get a hundred or even 200 pounds of lead saved up, don't stop collecting it. A pound of lead disappears really quickly shooting a .45 pistol and 100 pounds doesn't go nearly as far as you would think.

I forgot how much weight you can put in a flat rate box! I just figured it would cost so much to send that it would bring the price up to average lead prices. Basically I was just meaning I would be happy to get him enough to get him started if he was local. I probably don't need to get into all the shipping side of it though.