The "Wrong Girl"?

Guest Bonedaddy

Red heads skeer me. She must not be true Southern Red 'cause she waited way too long to fetch that pistola and threaten to blow his sack off. I call BS on that'n.

Well, I for one am not impressed. My gun would have been on me or within grabbing distance and in my hand after the first knock.

And I'm not even a red head. LOL :D

Oh, yes, one more thing.....the guy would have had at least one bullet in him before he had a chance to pass out. ;)

• Like 7

Well, I for one am not impressed. My gun would have been on me or within grabbing distance and in my hand after the first knock.

And I'm not even a red head. LOL :D

Oh, yes, one more thing.....the guy would have had at least one bullet in him before he had a chance to pass out. ;)

I agree with your sentiments but...well...it IS just a commercial after all.

I'm not really sure but while TV drams and such can show gore all day long, I'm not sure that a commercial is as free to show someone being blown away. LOL

Were I that red head I would have had a firearm already either on me or on the sofa with me...I'm never more than about a arm's length away from a defensive handgun regardless of what room I'm in and yes, the moment that door burst opened like that and some stranger crosses the threshold (especially after the actions that had preceded it) the guy would have had some uninvited lead donations heading his way.

• 4 weeks later...

She would have been in big trouble, had he kicked that door in the first time she asked "Who is it"! Should have gone for that pistol as soon as she got home, and had it laying on the couch beside her. I never go near a knock at the door without mine. Just can't trust anyone these days. Sad, but true.

I think I was getting sized up for a victim of "the knockout game" at the Kroger's on Rutherford the other night. He was young...early to mid 20s, I'm ancient...and he probably figured an easy target. After a few maneuvers around the produce section, around 10 PM, he left. May have had something to do with the fact that I never removed my hand from my pocket..and I countered his position every time. He was not shopping for produce...maybe knock out...maybe mugging. It would not have ended well for him.

He was a young black, wearing a hoodie, with a muscular/athletic build. I looked around to see if someone else was filming, but kept him in my peripheral vision. He kept looking around nervously, so it was obvious that he was up to no good. He and I were the only two in the produce section. I kept looking to see if he was lurking outside, as I left. Of course my hand was still in my pocket, and my sidekick had cleared most of the holster...to preclude and hanging or binding on the way out.

As they say, don't mess with old people...they'll just take care of business! Maybe that's the way they get to be old...by being alert, and cautious.

• Like 1

As they say, don't mess with old people...they'll just take care of business! Maybe that's the way they get to be old...by being alert, and cautious.

We are to old to fight,  just take care of business!

Good job on being aware.

She would have been in big trouble, had he kicked that door in the first time she asked "Who is it"! Should have gone for that pistol as soon as she got home, and had it laying on the couch beside her. I never go near a knock at the door without mine. Just can't trust anyone these days. Sad, but true.

I think I was getting sized up for a victim of "the knockout game" at the Kroger's on Rutherford the other night. He was young...early to mid 20s, I'm ancient...and he probably figured an easy target. After a few maneuvers around the produce section, around 10 PM, he left. May have had something to do with the fact that I never removed my hand from my pocket..and I countered his position every time. He was not shopping for produce...maybe knock out...maybe mugging. It would not have ended well for him.

He was a young black, wearing a hoodie, with a muscular/athletic build. I looked around to see if someone else was filming, but kept him in my peripheral vision. He kept looking around nervously, so it was obvious that he was up to no good. He and I were the only two in the produce section. I kept looking to see if he was lurking outside, as I left. Of course my hand was still in my pocket, and my sidekick had cleared most of the holster...to preclude and hanging or binding on the way out.

Me too...I always have at least a pistol within arm's reach and/or on me at home and I don't ever go to the door without a sidearm with me.  In fact, I rarely go to the door at all, especially at night, unless it's someone I'm expecting and/or one of my neighbors that I recognize...quite sad when I think about how it was when I was growing up and we rarely locked our doors at all.

Glad nothing happened at Kroger...I used to shop that one all the time when I lived on that said of the "Boro...these days it's the one on Church Street out near Barfield (or what used to be called Barfield!).