Attention Please

ARE YOU ALREADY A MEMBER BUT UNABLE TO SIGN IN?  PLEASE READ!!! 

If you are having trouble logging in, please try the following:

1. Reset your password using this link.
  2. If that fails, Contact Us using this link for assistance resetting your password.

Glock 42
2 2

85 posts in this topic

Ok who is going to buy one. Better yet what is your guess on what it is going to be. I am thinking single stack 9mm. Some are thinking 380.

4068E495-FD11-42A8-8A93-9DADBFD7F7A7-704

Edited by Jason in TN

If it's a single stack micro 9mm, I'd buy one. I could see them doing it to compete with the PF9's and LC9's off the world......

1 person likes this

All indications is that it is a .380 but it would make better sense of it were a 9mm based off of the M&P Shield.

Apparently they are going to announce at shot show. I have a feeling the results are going to be a let down.

1 person likes this

Apparently they are going to announce at shot show. I have a feeling the results are going to be a let down.

Just like their LAST "change the world" BS. I ain't holding my breath.

If it ends up as a single stack micro 9mm, I will be all over it and pay quite the premium for one.  If it is a .380 they can keep it.

2 people like this

You guys are silly. I got some inside intel I'm really not supposed to share ... but they're going to introduce 2 new models at the SHOT show. The 42 a "microstack" 9mm, capacity 5 rounds with a 3.4 inch barrel. And the G21R, their first foray into revolvers. Here's a couple inside scoop pics I got the last time I was down there. G42 [URL=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/ldugsjr1986/media/8BDCB9E9-8A24-4E17-914B-EA02983B9373_zps9rjz5yai.jpg.html]8BDCB9E9-8A24-4E17-914B-EA02983B9373_zps[/URL] And the G21R [URL=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/ldugsjr1986/media/E60601B5-017E-4F31-9ADA-F7115ED4BB15_zpskhav3zyi.jpg.html]E60601B5-017E-4F31-9ADA-F7115ED4BB15_zps[/URL]
1 person likes this

You guys are silly. I got some inside intel I'm really not supposed to share ... but they're going to introduce 2 new models at the SHOT show. The 42 a "microstack" 9mm, capacity 5 rounds with a 3.4 inch barrel. And the G21R, their first foray into revolvers. Here's a couple inside scoop pics I got the last time I was down there.

G42
8BDCB9E9-8A24-4E17-914B-EA02983B9373_zps

And the G21R
E60601B5-017E-4F31-9ADA-F7115ED4BB15_zps

Nice touch with the trigger safety on the revolver. 

I'd bet that the G42 will be a single stack 9mm. How long has it taken Glock to figure out that there is a huge market for single stack handguns. 

glock missed the boat when it came to a small single stack 9mm.  they should have been the first maker out with one.  i might be wrong but i don't see them coming out with one now.  

Official prediction

The Glock 40 will be a Practical Tactical model in 10mm, think large framed G34/35.

The Glock 41 will be a .45ACP version of the Glock 40.

The Glock 42 will be a single stack subcompact 9mm with a narrower frame and slide than the 26.

In approximately a year, a French police force or maybe Canadian, or even French Canadian, will complain about the G26 being too large for their plainclothes officers to conceal carry. They will make a Franken-Glock with a G26 frame and G42 slide, because they like the capacity of 10 rounds of 9mm but also like the slim slide of the G42. Then Glock will make a Glock 26S and people everywhere will start pocket carrying them in tactical cargo pants as the "new" thing.
1 person likes this

Best post in thread. ^^^^^^^^^  :up:  :rofl:

I'm going with the .380. They already have one that's not marketed in the US (for civilian purchase anyway). Edited by CCPT

If its anything other than a single stack 9mm.... Fail.

If it is a single stack 9mm I'll buy one too, if not I'm just going to get a PPS to carry when I need to go small.

I'm tired of waiting for a SS 9mm from them.
1 person likes this

If it's a single stack micro 9mm, Glock would almost have to utilize metal mags for it not to be a fail, IMO. 

If they don't, Glock is going to have a tough time cutting enough width to make it worthwhile.

Hope they do or I hope I'm wrong.

Micro single stack 9 is my thought. Hope it is not a 380 that to me would be useless. If it is the 9 put me in line for one. That revolver is pretty cool I would buy one in 45acp but that is not going to happen.

Jason

Whatever the 42 ends up being , I sure hope that Glock will have tested it a lot before they sell them to get all the bugs out . I got burned by the CZ P-07 Duty when it was released and I am a CZ fan but that gun was a POS . CZ even sent me a whole new gun too. 

Hopefully this 42 wont end up being another G36 with it's problem filled life or "hit and miss" type reliability . 

As long as there s any drastic changes tot he design. I'm betting everything will be fine.

You guys are silly. I got some inside intel I'm really not supposed to share ... but they're going to introduce 2 new models at the SHOT show. The 42 a "microstack" 9mm, capacity 5 rounds with a 3.4 inch barrel. And the G21R, their first foray into revolvers. Here's a couple inside scoop pics I got the last time I was down there.

G42
8BDCB9E9-8A24-4E17-914B-EA02983B9373_zps

And the G21R
E60601B5-017E-4F31-9ADA-F7115ED4BB15_zps

Seems legit

Man that revolver is hideous.

Gotta keep tradition in place. Have they produced anything else?

That looks like a G18 selector switch on the revolver. If so, Ill take 2 please. Always wanted a full auto Glock revolver in .45acp

Whatever the 42 ends up being , I sure hope that Glock will have tested it a lot before they sell them to get all the bugs out . I got burned by the CZ P-07 Duty when it was released and I am a CZ fan but that gun was a POS . CZ even sent me a whole new gun too. 
 Hopefully this 42 wont end up being another G36 with it's problem filled life or "hit and miss" type reliability .

I carry a 36 every day runs great have ran over 1000 rounds through it. Did not know there was a problem with them?

Jason

I carry a 36 every day runs great have ran over 1000 rounds through it. Did not know there was a problem with them?
Jason

The Glock 36 had Many problems, mostly in the begining, that somehow went away.