Glock 42

Jason in TN

The Glock 36 had Many problems, mostly in the begining, that somehow went away.

I looked into getting a 36 at one time.  Mainly for the slimness factor.  When I looked into them I did find some problems reported online.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that most of the problems were magazine related.  I think it took Glock a while to get the single stack magazines dialed in.  Based on when I read, I wouldn't be too concerned about a 36 as long as you aren't using early production magazines... 

Official prediction

The Glock 40 will be a Practical Tactical model in 10mm, think large framed G34/35.

The Glock 41 will be a .45ACP version of the Glock 40.

The Glock 42 will be a single stack subcompact 9mm with a narrower frame and slide than the 26.

In approximately a year, a French police force or maybe Canadian, or even French Canadian, will complain about the G26 being too large for their plainclothes officers to conceal carry. They will make a Franken-Glock with a G26 frame and G42 slide, because they like the capacity of 10 rounds of 9mm but also like the slim slide of the G42. Then Glock will make a Glock 26S and people everywhere will start pocket carrying them in tactical cargo pants as the "new" thing.

Le F'ing drool!!!!!!!!!            Glock 40!!

And my guess is  CARBINE!!!!!  Plastic ARish gun that takes happy sticks!

PRICE ????? What will the price range be ? MSRP and what the shops will sell them for ? Any idea ?

No one knows yet we don't even know what it is going to be just that it is likely going to be announced at the shot show in Jan.

Still wishing for a single stack 9mm the more I hear though I am thinking it may be a 380 if so I am not interested.

Jason

How did a firearm manufacturer that was so cutting edge and turned the gun world on its' head become so... out of touch?

They know that they could release a pink pellet gun and sell millions so I really don't think they care. Still disappointing though.

• Like 1
I'm not saying that .380 is out of the question but that looks fake. The muzzle looks nothing like the other sub-compacts, including the G36.

Edit: The grip looks nothing like the other gen 4's. Weird. Edited by Razz

I jumped on the .380 bandwagon a few years ago when all the pocket .380s came out.  I still have a P-238 and DB380. I don’t know why? The .380 is over priced and under powered.  I hope it’s a single stack 9mm, or an evil black revolver. Either way, I never buy a handgun when they first hit the stores. I did that with the DB380 and learned my lesson. 

• Like 1
You know we the assembled wise men here on TGO see this new Glock through the prism of experienced gun owners, highly likely current or former Glock owners, likely big bang tools owners, nonetheless gun nutty people, etc. We are likely different than the targeted market for this new gun. This new Glock model may very much appeal to the 1st time handgun owner, women buyers, the elderly, those people with weak forearm muscles, financially stressed people, and those people that fear the harsh recall of a 9mm (sarcastic of course). These targeted markets would be aware of the Glock name, the appeal of something simple, small, and priced lower than any other new Glock. I think the suggested MSRP was listed as $475, that's a whole lot more economical than any other new Glock. This could place this Glock into the hands of less financially blessed people.
  • Like 1

I really want to get it even if it is a .380 but I think the lack of ammo availability will hold me back unless it is a 9mm.

I'd be interested, at least to the point of looking very closely at it.

If small enough, as in the LCP range, and shoots like the LCP, and priced low enough, I could get interested enough to give it serious consideration.

It's not a conventional "manstopper,"  but the 380 does have a valid place in the carry world.

If small enough, as in the LCP range, and shoots like the LCP, and priced low enough, I could get interested enough to give it serious consideration.

It will be slightly smaller than a M&P Shield, close to a PM-9 size. I am basing this of the leaked measurements.