Glock 42

Jason in TN

It will be slightly smaller than a M&P Shield, close to a PM-9 size. I am basing this of the leaked measurements.

Thanks for the information. May have just knocked myself out of looking though. Went to see a buddy and bought a G26.

I gotta start staying home more. I can't afford much more of this.
  • Like 1

I've made my decision . If it's a 9mm I will get one. If it's a .380 I will not. I like the .380 but ammo is too scarce and I havent learned how to reload yet . I have been saving some  money for myself to get a "fun gun" so I'm just sitting and waiting . My S&W Shield is pretty nice and if Glock has one similiar I will be all over that like stink on poop.

A .380 Glock (ugh) is very underwhelming.  Figure I will save myself several hundred dollars and continue to carry my Colt Agent .38. I continue to not see the fascination in the .380.  It's expensive, anemic and scarce as hens teeth.  The only use I find for it, is in a pistol the size of a Ruger LCP, that you can stick in the front pocket of a pair of shorts and not have them fall down from the weight.

• Like 2
I agree with hipower, the trigger isn't that bad. It's not a 1911 trigger, but it is a lot better than say a Sig 250 or Sig 290 or the S&W 380.

I just don't understand why Glock makes a single stack 45, but not a single stack 9mm. Just doesn't make sense to me, but I'm Polish not Austrian. ;) Edited by joe45

I agree with hipower, the trigger isn't that bad. It's not a 1911 trigger, but it is a lot better than say a Sig 250 or Sig 290 or the S&W 380.

I just don't understand why Glock makes a single stack 45, but not a single stack 9mm. Just doesn't make sense to me, but I'm Polish not Austrian. ;)

:rofl:  :rofl:  Love that, Joe. 

But I do agree with you, I've looked at the 36 several times; but just can't see enough difference to make me get it over my 30.

And Yes, I got too damn many Glocks! I blame that on Steelharp and The Rabbi.

I just don't understand why Glock makes a single stack 45, but not a single stack 9mm. Just doesn't make sense to me, but I'm Polish not Austrian. ;)

Glock does a lot of things that I don't understand. The Glock 36 has never really been a hot seller. With that said I guess Glock has thought there first single stack was a disappointment so others would be as well.

S&W M&Ps tend to have very inconsistent triggers. I have picked up some that are terrible and then the next one will be butter smooth.

I think that the Ad that shows the specification is fake because the "Finish" Shows that it is Tenifer. I don't think that Tenifer is used and it's not here in the U.S. and it isn't a finish either. It is a metal treatment.

I can tell by font that that is a "Guns and Ammo" article. They have been known several times to make mistakes like that.

Glock does a lot of things that I don't understand. The Glock 36 has never really been a hot seller. With that said I guess Glock has thought there first single stack was a disappointment so others would be as well.

S&W M&Ps tend to have very inconsistent triggers. I have picked up some that are terrible and then the next one will be butter smooth.

I'm guessing the reason the G36 didn't sell well is that it's a heavy gun... 27 ounces loaded.  That's pretty heavy in the sub-compact genre.

Well the other day I tried a new S&W M&P 9mm full size and WOW . The trigger was not gritty like the older ones were and the reset is now  almost like a Glock :up:  The whole gun was awesome. So I took my "Glock 42" money and bought the M&P 9 . S&W has come a long way on these pistols I think.

I really wanted a Glock 42 if it was going to be a 9mm but all that went out the door after trying the S&W trigger.

I figure that my Glock 26 and 19 is as small as I need a Glock to be PLUS they are tried and true and been around a long time. Who knows ,  the new Glock 42 could  have bugs and  problems and  how long they will it take to surface.  

A Glock have bugs and problems?!?!  :screwy:

Yep . Here lately I have saw more and more things that are negative. I saw rust on a Gen 3 of mine that was only 2 yrs  old . I also have saw rust on other people's Glocks too. All newer guns. Then the G36 had it's problems. And the Gen 4's had it's growing pains too. I am a huge Glock fan but I have found that Genrations 1,2, and 3  on up to around the year 2010 have been the best and most trouble free. That is my experience and my $.02 . I am NOT  one of those guys who , for example , has so much pride that they would rather "push a Dodge up a hill than drive a Toyota" . 

I am also a huge die-hard fan of CZ . I once bought their new CZ P-07 pistol when it first came out. It failed by not going into battery all the time , the frame was flexing so bad that it was "bowing" outward , the magazine would not release properly , and the trigger would not reset itself all the time. CZ sent me a new pistol to replace the first one.  From this experience I learned to wait until a product has been out for a year or two to get the bugs out. WIth this new Glock 42 I almost decided to get one as soon as  Glock releases them but I remembered about the CZ P-07. I think I'll wait a year :cool:

Edited by tercel89

I think that the Ad that shows the specification is fake because the "Finish" Shows that it is Tenifer. I don't think that Tenifer is used and it's not here in the U.S. and it isn't a finish either. It is a metal treatment.

Officially, the Tenifer process stopped in 2009. There are still publications out there with claims to a Tenifer treatment process and still sales reps and customer service reps claiming the Tenifer process. Tenifer was just a patented name, to my understanding the same company is doing the finishes now called nitrating.

Well the other day I tried a new S&W M&P 9mm full size and WOW . The trigger was not gritty like the older ones were and the reset is now  almost like a Glock :up:  The whole gun was awesome. So I took my "Glock 42" money and bought the M&P 9 . S&W has come a long way on these pistols I think.

I really wanted a Glock 42 if it was going to be a 9mm but all that went out the door after trying the S&W trigger.

I figure that my Glock 26 and 19 is as small as I need a Glock to be PLUS they are tried and true and been around a long time. Who knows ,  the new Glock 42 could  have bugs and  problems and  how long they will it take to surface.  

Not going to defend or chastise a pistol we haven't seen yet. But will go along with tercel89 on his statements about Glock and the M&P lines.

I do believe the older Glocks are better. Not an speck of hard evidence to prove it, just my feeling from shooting my own gen 2/3 guns and listening to the commentaries on the gen 4 model with their problems.

As far as the M&P line, I'm very impressed. I've shot quite a few of them, own several, and just have to say that for me...it's  a real close choice between them.

Yes, the 19 is still my fav in the Glock line, but the M&P9c is real hard to beat for comfort and easy shooting. And the trigger is darn close on them. The Smith full size 9 is hands down my choice over the G17. Just a much better fit for me.

And recall issues aside, I really, really like the Shield in 9mm. Yes, the size is almost too comparable to the G19, and mag capacity loses out, but for a cc gun with quick access; it's my go-to gun. Not necessarily what I'd pick as first choice for one of my stashed home guns, but we all have our own reasons for that choice.