Glock 42

Jason in TN

I have several Glocks and have carried my Shield a lot lately, to me the M&Ps hold up a lot worse than even the newer Glocks. Those ~$325 M&Ps on the used market people aren't even buying because they look so bad.

To each...his own.
If you are talking about Atlanta's old M&P's they look pretty bad but they had those for 5 years. By the time I got some money and went to GT's they had all been picked through. They had a few 40 compacts but they were even worse, such as in a way they had sat in the armory and rusted. I am going to hold out and buy one of the law enforcement trade in Glock 37's they will be getting.

hmmm... the g42 doesn't even look that small to me.   Small grip, but slide height and length still seem large-ish.  ie.. looks large in all the wrong places.

There is a slew of other handguns that fill the niche that the G42 seems to miss.  It will still sell.

Well that's a let down.... A confirmed let down now. As others have said if this was a 9mm the waiting line would be soooo much longer IMHO.

I also think it looks kind of big. The LCP doesn't fit my hand well but my wife's TCP fits just fine and it's BARELY bigger than the LCP. Like Peace said this one is large in the wrong places.

EDIT: Or maybe this guy just has small lady hands.  :rofl:

Edited by maroonandwhite
  • Like 1

I think it's a helluva idea; and i think lots of first time CCW folks will buy it... My 238 weighs 15.2 ounces unloaded (...i think...)... The little glock weighs about 13 ozs... That's a good thing on both counts...

I guess my thinkin on this glock issue kinda goes like this:   I would have liked to have seen glock build a single stack 9/40 first; because my personal preference (...with no encumbrance-- the best of my personal world, so to speak...) is the 40... They didnt... They built a 380; one of which i carry every day, all day long; just like a pocket knife...

I believe that everybody needs to be armed all the time; that they absolutely need to know how to use their tools; and that they need to have made their mind up beforehand that they are willing to stop threats to themselves and those under their protective umbrella.... period.... These are "primary" issues... The "secondary" issues are things like pistol type, caliber, holster,yada yada yada.... Ya get the picture....

There are folks out there that believe that a 44 mag aint big enough... I dont happen to be one of them... A pistol, especially a readily concealable one has to be just that; concealable and light enough that ya will carry it all the time... period.... The humble 380 does that for me and lots of other folks; and does it very well...

I would much rather be armed with something i knew how to shoot and shoot well than an atomic cannon that i couldnt shoot well; and that's exactly the thinkin here i believe.... Make no mistake, a 380 in the temple or in the eye will stop most anything on two legs... Hitting them in other less vulnerable places may not kill him; but i'm willing to bet it will make him sick; and i bet my well being and personal safety on it daily... 

If you are worried about fire and stopping power; i say use a little gun to carry all the time ALA a j frame smith or a 380 and keep a "big gun" close at hand... Shoot your way out with the little gun and get to the big gun(s) if ya happen to be at the "OK Coral"... My bet is that ya wont need to; but it may make ya feel better... It does for me when i carry our 629 or a Glock 20 in the truck and the little 380 in my pocket....

By the way, thanks to Gray for postin the neat videos...

mousegun leroy with the big backup

• Like 1

If you took some time and considered my opinion over a hot cup of coffee, you would end up with a cold cup of coffee...so.

I don't begrudge the .380 its place in the grand scheme of things... just this iteration of a .380 "pseudo-micro".   and again, I still think it will sell.

In my book: A striker-fired, single-action, no-external safety handgun is not what I would call a "pocket gun".

-For the sake of Femoral Arteries and future children everywhere...at the very least, use a kydex trigger guard built into the pocket holster!  

**and don't carry anything else in the pocket with your chosen mouse gun.

Edited by Peace
I might get one. I have nothing smaller than my Glock 19, which I carry everyday, but have desired a pocketable sized weapon. Really will have to compare it to the others in hand before I decide. One plus, although ridiculous, is that my department will get a better warm and fuzzy when I do my off duty quals with something that says Glock on the slide. If I want to carry a p238 or 1911 style they require an additional 1911 operators course which is near impossible to get into.