Glock trigger was hard to pull

I want to start off by saying that I keep my guns clean. After shooting or hunting I take them down and clean them well. Having said that here is what I found on my Glock. The wife and I were gonna do a little dry firing. While unloading and removing the slides on our 26's I noticed I couldn't pull the trigger on mine. When the trigger was being forced back the slide would move rearward just a little but the trigger would not break. I finally jacked around with it and the trigger dropped. I removed the slide and cleaned the frame with CLP and compressed air. Nothing looked broken, bent, or out of place. I then moved on to the slide assembly. Nothing looked out of place until the firing pin was removed. The spring looked as if it had a Coke/coffee mixture in it. There was nothing on the slide or any other part of the gun...just the firing pin. I assume it was a mixture of lube and powder residue but I'm not a 100% on that. Anyway, I cleaned and reassembled it and it fires fine now. I took the wife's apart and looked it over. No goo on hers at all. I cleaned them the same way at the same time. So not for sure exactly what happened. I don't remember if the slide was disassembled after the last range session, but it was less than 100 rounds so that shouldn't have caused a build up of trash on the spring. 

So if your Glock's trigger starts to get heavy take a look at the firing pin spring. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's strange, never heard of that. Is that the G26 I sold you a few years ago?

I'll keep this in mind if I ever run into the same issue. I've heard of guys who have thousands of rounds through their glocks and have never done more than a field strip.

Eric, the wife carries the gun I bought from you and no problems at all. Mine has less than 400 rounds down the barrel and its always went bang. I can't help but believe I've done something to cause the problem. Could water have gotten in it while in the truck, did I get barrel foam in the slide during cleaning? The powder residue mixed with a sticky/wet substance of some kind.

sounds like you were/are oiling the firing pen channel and/or getting oil inside when you clean with the compress air,  all parts inside the slide does not need any oil.  just clean and wipe them dry.  same with  the trigger group.  i have once put a very small drop of grease on the trigger bar at the connector.  but it did noting for the gun.  it just collect heavy junk when shooting.  the glock has certain points that get a light oiling, all other oiling is a wast and collects junk. 

The only thing that I oil is the slide rail. And even then it's a very, very small amount. The lube added to the trigger and the use of compressed air was only done so to see if anything would change. It was a way for me to narrow down the problem. That's not something I do to clean my guns on a regular basis. The firing pin was never oiled, I know that for sure.

I always used barrel foam to clean the barrel while the guns are disassembled. What I think happened is this: After cleaning the slide I added the foam to the barrel. I set the can of foam down with the slide under the can's straw. I walked of for 30 min. letting the foam do its thing.  Some of the foam expanded out the end of the straw and fell into the firing pin channel. It mixed with the powder and months later I have a problem. After thinking about it this is the only logical thing that could have happened.