.22 win mag @ hermitage Walmart

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Walmart has finally got into the price gouging game also. That same ammo was $13.97 at Walmart before the crunch and they know folks are wanting any 22 caliber ammo that hits the shelves...............jmho      Glad at the present time I don't need any and won't need any for sometime to come.

I think Walmart has finally got into the price gouging game also. That same ammo was $13.97 at Walmart before the crunch and they know folks are wanting any 22 caliber ammo that hits the shelves...............jmho      Glad at the present time I don't need any and won't need any for sometime to come.

They have, or rather the manufacturers and retailers have.  I bought a box of the 325 round Federal Automatch at a local WM about a month ago.  It was $18.97 before taxes.  I'm pretty sure that is about $4 dollars more than a year ago.

I don't entirely blame WM because I have noticed in the past 5 or so years that Federal ammo prices increase significantly every year.

I had a small incident at the Walmart here in Gallatin as I was walking up to the sporting goods section. As I turned the corner to enter it I was looking down the muzzle of  12 gauge shotgun. A guy and his kid were looking at the gun and he had it up to his shoulder and pointed out into the open isles. As I turned the corner he didn't raise it up and was still pointing it at me till I could touch the end of the barrel before he raised it. I said excuse me but he didn't move and let me pass but just stood there blocking the isle. I said excuse me again and he said whats your rush. I said no rush. He got an attitude and finally move over a little. He began to said something else and I looked at him and he decided best keep quiet. Smart move on his part but I did tell the guy behind the counter that if someone is going to look at a gun tell them they are not to point it anywhere but up at the ceiling on down at the floor cause I didn't appreciate having it pointed at me. I made sure the guy heard what I said..................jmho 

[quote name="bersaguy" post="1080383" timestamp="1387309924"]I had a small incident at the Walmart here in Gallatin as I was walking up to the sporting goods section. As I turned the corner to enter it I was looking down the muzzle of 12 gauge shotgun. A guy and his kid were looking at the gun and he had it up to his shoulder and pointed out into the open isles. As I turned the corner he didn't raise it up and was still pointing it at me till I could touch the end of the barrel before he raised it. I said excuse me but he didn't move and let me pass but just stood there blocking the isle. I said excuse me again and he said whats your rush. I said no rush. He got an attitude and finally move over a little. He began to said something else and I looked at him and he decided best keep quiet. Smart move on his part but I did tell the guy behind the counter that if someone is going to look at a gun tell them they are not to point it anywhere but up at the ceiling on down at the floor cause I didn't appreciate having it pointed at me. I made sure the guy heard what I said..................jmho [/quote]good self control. The one thing I cannot tolerate is rudeness with poor muzzle control. Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee
All the ammo at Walmart has gone up they got wise like all the gun shops and figured if they could not keep it in stock they were selling it to cheap. There cost has gone up two I am sure. Every one keeps talking about this being over but I don't see ammo prices ever going back to what they were. I buy 22 when I can get it at Walmart have not bought any thing else there in months. Pretty much reload any thing else I shoot now.

Jason