Phil removed from Duck Dynasty...

NoBanStan

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=844242

Phil decided to share his opinion on sin with GQ magazine and has since been removed from the show by A&E.

I've no opinion about his opinion, there's enough "preference" talk in the top shot thread, but I will miss Phil as I watch this show with my family because I think it's wholesome, almost Andy Griffith show by nature.

I don't share is views, but I don't think he should lose his job for voicing them.

This country was founded for religious freedom and his choice to follow and believe a certain religion shouldn't cause him to be persecuted. Why are Christians alway pinned with being anti-gay when there are many more religions with similar views about homosexuality? Edited by tennessee01tacoma

I strongly don't agree with his views either, but this kind of crap pisses me off.  A&E knew exactly where he stands and how his family feels and now they're all of a sudden the moral authority and shocked.  Bull####.  I would love to see all other family members refuse to tape the show.  

Just as much as I support gays to say what they believe, I support him to say what he believes even if I don't agree with it.  I would tell A&E to pound sand.

A&E has made millions off of their family and way of life (including their religious beliefs) and now I hope they lose millions.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 5

I don't agree with his views either, but this kind of crap pisses me off. A&E knew exactly where he stands and how his family feels and now they're all of a sudden the moral authority and shocked. Bull####. I would love to see all other family members refuse to tape the show.

Just as much as I support gays to say what they believe, I support him to say what he believes.

Hey jack! I wish more people shared your view.
  • Like 1
Guest RebelCowboySnB

His opinion about not geting the gay thing is not what made them mad it was the reference to other sins being the same... But.....

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Dont ask a man of god about a sin then get mad at him for quoting the bible. He did not give that opinion, he quoted it.

Edited by RebelCowboySnB
  • Moderators

A&E will regret that.

As well they should if they don't pull their heads out of their rears and put Phil back on his show. They built a show and an entire brand around a certain type of family culture. This worldview is more than unsurprising, it should have been expected. I don't even watch the show and I think this is all silly as hell.
  • Like 3

There are many organizations that would fire a person for espousing views that do not reflect that of the organization.  He did that and got canned -- tough.  Irregardless of what he said, that is a known standard in the business world.  If you want to retain a high profile job, you occasionally have to censor yourself.

Edited by TNcitizen22
  • Like 1
Guest TresOsos

I think it took alot for Phil to tell the truth in todays PC climate.

I full support him and his right to speak out and express his beliefs.

Progressivism, Moral Relativism, Multi-culturalism and Politcal Correctness are destroying the US.

There are many organizations that would fire a person for espousing views that do not reflect that of the organization.  He did that and got canned -- tough.  Irregardless of what he said, that is a known standard in the business world.  If you want to retain a high profile job, you occasionally have to censor yourself.

I believe Phil is a man of principle and thus he would rather give up his high profile job. Not everyone is willing to bow a knee to baal. Plus, I'm guessing that the Robertsons have all the money they need with or without the show.
  • Like 7

I strongly don't agree with his views either, but this kind of crap pisses me off.  A&E knew exactly where he stands and how his family feels and now they're all of a sudden the moral authority and shocked.  Bull####.  I would love to see all other family members refuse to tape the show.  

Just as much as I support gays to say what they believe, I support him to say what he believes even if I don't agree with it.  I would tell A&E to pound sand.

A&E has made millions off of their family and way of life (including their religious beliefs) and now I hope they lose millions.

I figure the family will honor their contracts. But, knowing a little about hostile talent under contract, A&E will get what they deserve. I'm as tolerant of gays as it gets. That ain't what this is about.

• Like 3

Which season is this? Season 4 is in the can. I don't see those boys standing for this. I also don't see them doing anything stupid.

As I understand, they just wrapped a season, so whatever one that is. #4 you say?

You are right on all counts.

I have not watched the show, but have listened to a number of sermons from Willie & Phil, plus read the books Phil & Willie put out.

They will likely stand on principle and their values.
  • Like 1

I figure the family will honor their contracts. But, knowing a little about hostile talent under contract, A&E will get what they deserve. I'm as tolerant of gays as it gets. That ain't what this is about.

I agree. This is about A&E being a bunch of hypocrites. I hate that worse than the bigots.