Phil removed from Duck Dynasty...

NoBanStan

Guest TresOsos

I agree with you. I have been observing the threads more than posting lately, but it seems that a lot of these guys are becoming what they most despise...whinny victims. The white christian male still rules this country and most of the world. Phil is not a victim and this country is not anywhere near being destroyed. You simply haven't had things your way for a few years.

Get over it just like other whinners are advised to do.

I think you have it backwards, most people have been tolerant of the LBGT agenda.

The LBGT crowd only tolerates opinions and views that they like, they give Alex Baldwin as a pass on his "toxic little queens" comment because he's progressive liberal turd.

But they attack any Christian that disagrees with them and tells the truth.

Why don't they attack Muslims and the Islamic Faith, the penalty for Homosexuality in their religion is Death.

The real spewers of vile and hateful views are GLAAD, the Human Right Campaign and the LBGT community.

I think you have it backwards, most people have been tolerant of the LBGT agenda.
The LBGT crowd only tolerates opinions and views that they like, they give Alex Baldwin as a pass on his "toxic little queens" comment because he's progressive liberal turd.
But they attack any Christian that disagrees with them and tells the truth.
Why don't they attack Muslims and the Islamic Faith, the penalty for Homosexuality in their religion is Death.
The real spewers of vile and hateful views are GLAAD, the Human Right Campaign and the LBGT community.

I do get a kick out of the selective outrage that comes from Americans. Alec Baldwin can spew pure hatred and intolerance of gays on multiple occasions but this guy is asked on his opinion, gives it in a manner that references his religious beliefs without being hateful and everyone loses their minds. It's all okay or none of it's okay. This picking and choosing that people think they can do and still be credible is what confuses me.
  • Like 2

Phi knew what he was saying would fuel a big firestorm. He was drawing a line in the sand with A&E because everyone could see this divorce happening given A&E's intolerance to the family's view on God guns and prayer. This is just a prequel to Duck Dynasty jumping networks. No laws broken either.

God bless he Robertson family for sticking to their values.  

• Like 2

I don't see this issue ending well for A&E. Lots of support for Phil

Phil has the absolute right to think what he thinks and the right to say what he thinks/express his opinion about homosexuals or speak on any subject.  But with "rights" come responsibilities including taking personal responsibility and the consequences for what you say which is this case appears to be removal from the show.

On the other side, A&E, as business, has the "right" to remove Phil from the show or cancel or show outright or do whatever it thinks it needs or wants to do. Of course, responsibilities and consequences apply to A&E as well so if their response to Phil's comments results in lost revenue and/or a lost audience for their network so be it.

I'm not really "mad" at A&E (although I wish networks would stop bowing to PC pressure) but I don't feel sorry for them if this mess costs them some lost revenue.

• Like 1
[quote name="RobertNashville" post="1081763" timestamp="1387556599"]Phil has the absolute right to think what he thinks and the right to say what he thinks/express his opinion about homosexuals or speak on any subject. But with "rights" come responsibilities including taking personal responsibility and the consequences for what you say which is this case appears to be removal from the show.[/quote] I don't think Phil's too torn up about being taken off the show, so I don't understand your point here. The folks that are upset seem to be the folks who took offense to what he said. Like I said in an earlier post, it's easy for them to speak up when it comes to the internet, but I bet none of them go down to Louisiana to talk to him face to face. If they did I bet Mrs Kay would even cook them lunch and they'd have a pretty good ole time. They might even leave with their minds changed about the Robertson's (especially Phil) and see that we can all get along just fine if we have an entire conversation and not just take a snippet of one and then flip out about it. A&E is simply going to lose in this if the Robertson's take their show to another network. Lost viewers = lost revenue, simple as that. Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]

But amazing at what they let Kanye west get away with versus being called racists if anyone says anything about his sorry ass. His comments are made as a sociopath or bigot would, yet he still gets airtime , a tour, and face time with the media.
Lesson learned is don't humbly quote the bible to the media. It's not correct. but it's cool to down other entertainers,claim royalty,and superiority, while imposing its cool to be stupid, underachieve come from a bad neighborhood, and claim being on a music tour is like working in a combat prone hostile environment. Bunch of #### brought to you by the same people that glorify thugs and mass murderers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Edited by Dustbuster

I don't think Phil's too torn up about being taken off the show, so I don't understand your point here.

The folks that are upset seem to be the folks who took offense to what he said. Like I said in an earlier post, it's easy for them to speak up when it comes to the internet, but I bet none of them go down to Louisiana to talk to him face to face. If they did I bet Mrs Kay would even cook them lunch and they'd have a pretty good ole time. They might even leave with their minds changed about the Robertson's (especially Phil) and see that we can all get along just fine if we have an entire conversation and not just take a snippet of one and then flip out about it.

A&E is simply going to lose in this if the Robertson's take their show to another network. Lost viewers = lost revenue, simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't say Phil was upset...I was responding to Batman's post that this 'won't end well for A&E"...I don't think it will either nor that it should for the reasons I stated above...their decisions have consequences (and should)....that's all I was saying.

I finally broke down and read the original article. I couldn't find any hatred in anything he said. I'm not a bible scholar, but afik, it calls it a sin. Just more libtard crap. They hate me too.

When it comes to A&E... they know the Robertsons. They were more than willing to accept the ratings and the revenues from that show. I hope they're prepared to accept the consequences of their knee jerk reaction to Phil being Phil. They put that show on the air so everybody could laugh at the funny rednecks, and wound up with something totally different. It was an accident... one that will be impossible to replace.

Seems like being a liberal idiot is just one disappointment after another :)

• Like 2
[quote name="TresOsos" post="1081736" timestamp="1387552051"] But they attack any Christian that disagrees with them and tells the truth.[/quote] Christians are also the only group that scream so loudly that they are right, and there is no possibility they could be wrong. While its fine to believe that, you have to understand that a lot of people disagree with it. Heck, even a number of Christians believe there will be gay people of heaven. I think the "attacked" Christians would gain more ground if they didn't dig their heels in and refuse to even consider the possibility they could be wrong.
  • Like 3
[quote name="mikegideon" post="1081786" timestamp="1387559583"]I finally broke down and read the original article. I couldn't find any hatred in anything he said. I'm not a bible scholar, but afik, it calls it a sin. Just more libtard crap. They hate me too. When it comes to A&E... they know the Robertsons. They were more than willing to accept the ratings and the revenues from that show. I hope they're prepared to accept the consequences of their knee jerk reaction to Phil being Phil. They put that show on the air so everybody could laugh at the funny rednecks, and wound up with something totally different. It was an accident... one that will be impossible to replace. Seems like being a liberal idiot is just one disappointment after another :)[/quote] I still think this intentional on some level. It's a stunt, and may have been intended as an attention grabbing way for them to end the show and boost the ratings/ merch sales in the process.
  • Like 2
Guest RebelCowboySnB

Christians are also the only group that scream so loudly that they are right, and there is no possibility they could be wrong. While its fine to believe that, you have to understand that a lot of people disagree with it. Heck, even a number of Christians believe there will be gay people of heaven. I think the "attacked" Christians would gain more ground if they didn't dig their heels in and refuse to even consider the possibility they could be wrong.

I have never claimed to be right. I believe something. I have a right to believe it an I have a right to talk about it. I on the other hand have never sued anyone for holding a differing opinion than me.

[quote name="RobertNashville" post="1081779" timestamp="1387558637"]I didn't say Phil was upset...I was responding to Batman's post that this 'won't end well for A&E"...I don't think it will either nor that it should for the reasons I stated above...their decisions have consequences (and should)....that's all I was saying.[/quote] And I didn't put words in your mouth saying that's what you said. You said that people need to own up to their words, Phil hasn't backed down from anything he's said. So I don't understand the point you were trying to make with that statement. And it won't end well for A&E. I think everybody's pretty well on board with that. Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]
[quote name="RebelCowboySnB" post="1081793" timestamp="1387560120"]I have never claimed to be right. I believe something.[/quote] I never said otherwise. Heck, if you read back you'll see that I think Phil also had the right to say what he did and as a gay guy, I didn't find anything offensive about it. It's the continual references to "speaking the truth" that I was talking about. You have the right to say that as well. I'm not questioning your rights. I'm just saying the first step to saving souls, if I recall my Christian raising correctly, is reaching out to the lost. You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar.
  • Like 1
Guest FiddleDog

maybe this was way back earlier in the the thread, but I'm still having a difficult time seeing A&E's actions are EEOC complaint... even if they have a clause enunciating the right to terminate like this, I didn't think that such a clause could stand as it smells a lot like a violation of Title 7 , section 703...

Guest RebelCowboySnB

I never said otherwise. Heck, if you read back you'll see that I think Phil also had the right to say what he did and as a gay guy, I didn't find anything offensive about it. It's the continual references to "speaking the truth" that I was talking about. You have the right to say that as well. I'm not questioning your rights. I'm just saying the first step to saving souls, if I recall my Christian raising correctly, is reaching out to the lost. You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar.

sugar+coated+preaching.jpg

Then where is the outrage over the new TN Lottery Duck Dynasty game? Isn't gambling a sin also? Or are we just looking the other way on that one? :lol: Seriously, which Bible are we preaching from? The one that didn't say "gay" until the 1950s? Or the one where Jesus never addressed gay folks?

I still think this intentional on some level. It's a stunt, and may have been intended as an attention grabbing way for them to end the show and boost the ratings/ merch sales in the process.

Not sure I'm with you on that one, Blake. We'll have to see how it shakes out. My gut says that A&E screwed up. I don't see how they can get thru it undamaged at this point. They have pissed off every redneck in the entire US. In this case... the bulk of their audience.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 2

Then where is the outrage over the new TN Lottery Duck Dynasty game? Isn't gambling a sin also? Or are we just looking the other way on that one? :lol: Seriously, which Bible are we preaching from? The one that didn't say "gay" until the 1950s? Or the one where Jesus never addressed gay folks?

A&E owns and controls the Duck Dynasty brand, not the Robertson family. Non-issue.

And I always find the "Jesus never addressed homosexuality" bluff to be humorous.

Jesus never contradicted Himself, so it's pretty safe to say that because He defined marriage as between a man and a woman in Matthew 19:1-8, He wouldn't have turned around and said gay marriage was OK.

Edited by daddyo

maybe this was way back earlier in the the thread, but I'm still having a difficult time seeing A&E's actions are EEOC complaint... even if they have a clause enunciating the right to terminate like this, I didn't think that such a clause could stand as it smells a lot like a violation of Title 7 , section 703...

It's a contract arrangement. Phil isn't an employee. Besides, the EEOC doesn't care about all types of discrimination.

Well, I guess I will say that in this world are many different types of people who believes what they want to believe and that is their own business. If someone wants to say something that may be offensive to someone else I say let them say it. I also believe that if another is offended by it let them also speak out and say how they also feel. That is what this country is based on is the right for each person to effectively speak freely because our Constitution's 1st amendment gives each individual that right.  I fought for this country in our military to make sure that our rights as a free nation will continue and I would fight again if able to make sure it remains a free nation of the people by the people and for the people. Now as for A&E. They own that network and they have the right to remove or discontinue any show at any time on their network of their choosing. Do I think it will be good if they remove Duck Dynasty? Only time will tell that. As far as the Robertson's, They have chosen to remain a solid family and It looks like all the rest of the family will be standing by Phils statements which in turn gives me the utmost respect for the family. Blood is always thicker than water. I am quite sure they have already began receiving many offers from other networks requesting they come to their network so I am quite sure Duck Dynasty will prevail and A&E will be the losers................jmho

• Like 1