Phil removed from Duck Dynasty...

NoBanStan

Wow, I never would have thought Cracker Barrel would get involved in a religion/gay dispute.

I think, like most companies, they'd wish nothing more than to be as far away from this as possible. However, you have fascist organizations on both sides who like to threaten businesses if they don't respond the way they want, so they have to either cave in or be drug into it.

This is all so silly. So many sensitive Sallys who want to kick and scream if they don't get their way.
  • Like 2

I just read where the Robertson family may be leaving A&E.

Dave

They are contractually bound; they can’t leave. They can make lousy shows if A&E doesn’t back down on the Phil lynching. This is the biggest show A&E has ever had; someone will be ordered to come to their senses.
  • Like 1

Charlie "MaSheen" Sheen has chimed in:

hey Mallard brained

Phil Robertso!
you have offended and hurt so many dear friends of mine,
who DO NOT have the voice or the outreach that I do.
well news flash
shower-dodger,
I will speak loudly and clearly for ALL of them.
so,
just when your desperately sub evolved ass thought the pressure was off,
you are now in the crosshairs of a MaSheen style media 
beat down. 
(I'll try to keep the big words to a minimum as not to confuse you)

your statements were and are
abhorrently and 
mendaciously unforgivable.

the idea that you have a job 
outside of dirt-clod stacking 
is a miracle. 

the only 'Dynasty' you are attached to might be the 
re-runs of that dated show. 

the only thing you should ever be in charge of building is a hole in the ground the exact size of
your head.
perhaps your beard would fit as well if you plucked out the 
army of scabies and 
bull weevils sequestered deep in it's sarcophagus of dander and weasel pelts. 

shame on you. 
you're the only surviving 
brain donor I've ever known. 

when the gators and Egrets 
kick you out of their 
hovel, 
you need to make serious amends to those you have 
radically offended. 

on the eight day 
when I was whittling my cosmic banjo, 
I'm pretty sure YOU were the scattered dross I then used to light a fire and 
locate the nearest 
Andy Gump. 

repulsed by you; 
c sheen

hash tag; 
Duck; that was me.

(I'll try to keep the big words to a minimum as not to confuse you)

Phil has a Master Degree in Education and was a teacher. Charlie was expelled from High School for poor grades and attendance. This would be a lopsided debate; but sure would be fun to watch. smilielol5.gif
  • Like 4
Guest TresOsos

Typical liberal left response, can't argue with the truth, so the call names (demonize) and then try to mimimalize buy implying the target of their rath is ignorant and backwards.

slightly off topic but i've always respected charlton heston,john wayne,moses, the golden rule,10 commandments, ezekiel 25:17  live and let live, and gratefully knowing to don't ever let the ol lady think she's getting fat or her cooking sucks....that's more dangerous than a pitbull w aids surrounded by black widows!!! boogedy boogedy boogedy. Charlie Sheen's talents were best summarized in the comedy central roast of Charlie Sheen. Google that or Google Amy Shumer charlie sheen. dont drink any fluids in front of your puter before watching, your monitor probably wont handle the spray lol.... 

Edited by Dustbuster

I think, like most companies, they'd wish nothing more than to be as far away from this as possible. However, you have fascist organizations on both sides who like to threaten businesses if they don't respond the way they want, so they have to either cave in or be drug into it.

This is all so silly. So many sensitive Sallys who want to kick and scream if they don't get their way.

I agree.  However, all of these companies capitulating to the demands of a very vocal minority (on both sides) are not helping themselves.  They are only exacerbating the problem by continuing with these knee jerk reactions.  If A&E would have made a simple statement such as, "Mr. Robertson's recent comments do not reflect the views of A&E." and left it at that, they would have probably been fine.  Sure the activist wing of the homosexual community would have bitched, but in a couple of weeks it would have been forgotten.

..... They are only exacerbating the problem by continuing with these knee jerk reactions.  If A&E would have made a simple statement such as, "Mr. Robertson's recent comments do not reflect the views of A&E." and left it at that, they would have probably been fine.  Sure the activist wing of the homosexual community would have bitched, but in a couple of weeks it would have been forgotten.

To let it be forgotten in a few days, wouldn't serve the goals of the activists.

I agree. However, all of these companies capitulating to the demands of a very vocal minority (on both sides) are not helping themselves. They are only exacerbating the problem by continuing with these knee jerk reactions. If A&E would have made a simple statement such as, "Mr. Robertson's recent comments do not reflect the views of A&E." and left it at that, they would have probably been fine. Sure the activist wing of the homosexual community would have bitched, but in a couple of weeks it would have been forgotten.

Probably, but there are a lot of voices in those decisions when they're made. It's a crappy position to be in. On one hand, I'd highly respect Cracker Barrel if they said they ain't pulling anything regardless of pressure. On the other hand I respect their decision to pull items of a brand involved in controversy. I don't so much interpret them pulling him from the shelves as a condemnation of his words, but more as a way to distance themselves from the controversy. Right now the headlines are all abuzz with this nonsense. In two weeks it'll be forgotton and he'll likely go back on the shelves. I'm sure they're trying to have their cake and eat it too. They probably have GLAAD is up their behind about it too, along with all the other retailers of their items. I was in Books a Million the day after all this blew up and they had all kinds of tacky Duck Dynasty crap. GLAAD probably hadn't gotten around to them yet. I dunno.

What I do know is everybody is too damn sensitive when it comes to gays; folks who are advocates and folks who oppose. I don't get it. Edited by TMF

More for me. I love Cracker Barrel's gravy. And their hashbrown casserole. And their pecan pancakes. Their chicken & dumplin's ain't too shabby. 

Snap. I just ate dinner... and one mention of hashbrown casserole and I'm hungry again.

These were my comments on my FB page:

Since it appears that Cracker Barrel is dumping Phil Robertson, I just wanted to post a couple of thoughts...

I am quite flummoxed at the response of all of these businesses regarding Phil Robertson's comments. The primary goal of any business, excluding non-profit, is to provide a product/service and make money. I don't understand for the life of me why these businesses are jumping into the middle of cultural/religious debate. If you placate one side, then you lose the other. It is best to stay out of it altogether.

When a person or business capitulates to the demands of a very vocal minority (on both sides) all they are doing is exacerbating the problem. A simple, "We do not share those views." will suffice. Granted, the vocal activists who originally made the complaint won't be happy, but within a few weeks it will have more than likely been forgotten because somebody else somewhere is going to say something that offends them. Additionally, if the activists do not get a response from a business, they will more than likely move on to an easier target to bully.

It is impossible to please everyone, so it is best to not even try. Being obsequious will eventually lead you to being liked by no one. Sell your product or provide your service, and shut your mouth. If someone doesn't like what you offer for some reason or another, then they can move on to something else. I swear...this nation is becoming full of a bunch of loud mouth busybodies and p***ies.

Edited by mav

I've been boycotting Cracker Barrel for years.  Simply, their food sucks.  The candy in their "old-timey store" sucks as well.

It's just one big corporate scam to separate yankee tourists from their money.  There's a reason you only find their locations at interstate exits. 

• Like 5

These were my comments on my FB page:

I'm flummoxed at the outrage from either side of this debate. The folks who are now up in arms over the response from the gay community, A&E, Cracker barrel , etc., are the very same folks who were all gung-ho about piling on the Dixie Chicks for voicing their opinions about George Bush being a less than stellar Vice President. I think people aren't happy unless they're pissed at someone. 

• Like 6
[quote name="TMF" post="1082400" timestamp="13876718issuesat I do know is everybody is too damn sensitive when it comes to gays; folks who are advocates and folks who oppose. I don't get it.[/quote]

No doubt about it. I asked a pastor a similar question today. Why do church goers get into such an uproar over gay issues, but rarely show such passion about more pressing societal issues? I wasn't disputing what he claimed the word said. I only wanted his opinion on why the so-called gay agenda set Christians off like nothing else. This thing is so big that the blacks can't even accuse Phil of being a racist over the other comments that he made.

No doubt about it. I asked a pastor a similar question today. Why do church goers get into such an uproar over gay issues, but rarely show such passion about more pressing societal issues? I wasn't disputing what he claimed the word said. I only wanted his opinion on why the so-called gay agenda set Christians off like nothing else. This thing is so big that the blacks can't even accuse Phil of being a racist over the other comments that he made.

I don’t see where those with religious beliefs are getting in an uproar about it. Granted, they might be upset when they are called homophobes or bigots when neither is true.
It’s an emotionally charged issue for some which leads to name calling. I don’t fear or have any animosity towards gays. It does pizz me off when I see the gay thug groups that go after anyone that makes a statement that they don’t like.
  • Like 1

They are contractually bound; they can’t leave. They can make lousy shows if A&E doesn’t back down on the Phil lynching. This is the biggest show A&E has ever had; someone will be ordered to come to their senses.

If I am not mistaken contracts work for both sides and if A&E made the first step to void the contract by removing Phil from the show over an issue not directly connected to the show itself that, I would think open the door for the entire family to walk away. Of course it depends on how the contract was written but surely it would protect both sides or they would not have signed it..............JMHO