Phil removed from Duck Dynasty...

NoBanStan

That was not even an argument. That was just Charlie Sheen proving to the world that he has smoked so much Mary Jane that he has next to zero brain cells functioning. He is also calling the kettle black because he also got booted from 2 1/2 men for his stupidity and not for saying anything about any one....................jmho

I don't think the "Mary Jane" has much if anything to do with Ole Chuck Sheen being nuttier than squirrel sh;t. The mans an admitted crack head, I'd say the fact that anyone is concerned with his opinion period is questionable. He's a freakin crack head after all.

https://www.facebook.com/CrackerBarrel

Dear Cracker Barrel Customer:

When we made the decision to remove and evaluate certain Duck Dynasty items, we offended many of our loyal customers. Our intent was to avoid offending, but that’s just what we've done.

You told us we made a mistake. And, you weren't shy about it. You wrote, you called and you took to social media to express your thoughts and feelings. You flat out told us we were wrong.

We listened.

Today, we are putting all our Duck Dynasty products back in our stores.

And, we apologize for offending you.

We respect all individuals right to express their beliefs. We certainly did not mean to have anyone think different.

We sincerely hope you will continue to be part of our Cracker Barrel family.
  • Like 1
[quote name="East_TN_Patriot" post="1082243" timestamp="1387646063"]You have this exactly correct. What far too many Christians misunderstand is what Christ seems to be referring to in regards to "sin". You are correct. Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. He spoke about sin, forgiveness, and love. As I read the New Testament, Jesus was referring to sin as any self-indulgent behavior that gets between you, your relationship with God, and your ability to love one another. What is amazing to me is the fact that the Jewish law contained in the Old Testament that Christians keep referencing as absolute truth is essentially the same legal code utilized by Sharia law that is criticized by Christians as being backward and barbaric. - Christians believe that Jewish/Mosaic law is divinely inspired and was passed to mankind through Moses: - Muslims believe Sharia law is divinely inspired and passed to mankind through Muhammed. - Mosaic and Sharia law govern virtually all aspects of social life, family life, and individual morality. - Both call for similar punishments of banishment, stoning, and hanging for violations of that law. - Both texts prohibit eating "unclean" foods, like pork. Yes, all you God-fearing people insisting that Old Testament law is absolute are sinning by eating pork. Need proof? Here ya go: Think about that next time you eat a Baconator and joke about how you'll roll your bullets in bacon grease before shooting Muslims. The book of Leviticus also sanctions slavery, requires you to perform animal sacrifices, prohibits eating shellfish, outlaws wearing wool and linen garments, and mandates capital punishment by stoning for adultery of any kind (for women only, of course) and for using the Lord's name in vain. In response to this, people will say that Jesus' birth, death, and resurrection changed things. Yet a majority of Christians - at least in my perception - have held onto this one single verse about homosexuality and proclaim it to be absolute and unchanging truth. Here was my response to someone on Facebook regarding a question that is very similar to this point. I cite New Testament scripture that specifically talks of two men in one bed and how one would be taken in the rapture while the other would not. Christ commanded Christians to put away their swords. Christ commanded us to love one another. Is comparing someone's private love-life to having sex with animals what Christ would have done?[/quote] The problem here is your statement that each faith beleives that their written scriptutes are the literal word of G-d. Many sects of judiasm and christianity instead beleive that yhe texts are divinely inspired. That essential reform element allows for the critique and interpretation of texts out of step with modernity. At the same time Islam has not had a reformation to permit this kind of queationing. Islam regardless of sect strictly beleives the koran is the literal word of Allah and therefore perfect.
[quote name="TripleDigitRide" post="1082672" timestamp="1387737407"]Looks like Cracker Barrel has had a change of heart. [size=4]Oops! Someone beat me to it.[/size] [size=4] [/size][/quote] Thus proving the point that companies should stick to their knitting and leave the p c crap off to the side. It also shows that companies are not founts of morals, but strictly profit seeking enterprises - as they are intended to be.
  • Like 2
Guest Lester Weevils
Yep, cb did stick to its principles-- Of making as much money possible. Though the flipflop might have cost em ill will from both AC and also DC customers . :) Edited by Lester Weevils

Exactly.

The 11th commandment should read:  "Thou shalt be excellent to each other".

The 11th commandment is already "Don't get caught".

I think the sentiment is already covered in

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”"

Which has already been mentioned further up the thread.

Most thoughtful Christian teaching I've been exposed to espouses the idea that the coming of Christ created a new covenant so calls to the laws of the old testament are on shaky ground, especially when you consider some of the many rules and laws stated there that are routinely ignored. (In all fairness, one word: bacon)

It seems to me that the issue of contention here is that there are elements from both (and more) sides who are talking at cross purposes and pushing their own agendas. I could list them all out but I ain't gonna. I have to say that I see almost none of that on this site and that most of the butthurt seems to be against external groups who seem to do this kind of "getting offended" thing for a living. Edited by tnguy
  • Like 1
Guest RebelCowboySnB

Well, good on Cracker Barrel for owning up to their mistake. Question is, do they not know who their customers are?

People are posting about it on the FB site. Some say they are coming back an others say its to late. Problem is that people that are posting say CB is deleting the to late posts trying to make it look like everyone is coming back.

People are posting about it on the FB site. Some say they are coming back an others say its to late.

That's what guns folks were saying when CB was verbally telling people to cover their handguns or leave (I think that's still their policy?). I noticed CB has stayed in biz, though.

- OS

• Like 1

A&E started a Duck Dynasty marathon today at 5 pm that lasts until 4 am tomorrow morning.  :rolleyes:

Is it. Farewell run ? Or a " we feel guilty as hell marathon? Or a test to see how many viewers watch during the turmoil?....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

A&E had it scheduled before the controversy, and last week announced that they would run it anyway.

A&E had it scheduled before the controversy, and last week announced that they would run it anyway.

If they are serious in their practice of knee-jerk reactions and kowtowing to every ninny who gets offended in this country they could have easily scheduled other programming.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1

That's what guns folks were saying when CB was verbally telling people to cover their handguns or leave (I think that's still their policy?). I noticed CB has stayed in biz, though.

- OS

There was always a waiting line everytime that I've been there. Maybe I'll be able to get my pancakes faster if people are serious about their boycott.
  • Like 2
Guest dieselshadow
[quote name="Garufa" post="1082820" timestamp="1387759732"]FYI for anyone who doesn't know, Cracker Barrrel was started and is still headquartered in Lebanon.....Tennessee.[/quote] That just proves we have some of the largest morons in the country right here in TN.