Phil removed from Duck Dynasty...

NoBanStan

So to the people saying that for Phil this is about money; you're kidding right? This is a man that lived in the woods half his life, still lives in what most would consider a shack, and walks around barefoot on a regular basis. I'm sorry, the man could care less. Just because he has money and lots of it, doesn't mean that money means anything to him, much less that he has a greed for more. It amazes me the absolute bullcrap people will say about someone they know little to nothing about. Did you know Michael Jordan hates parrots? He's a parrot hatin' SOB. Has to be, why else doesn't he have one as a pet? Yes, that's the same line of thinking you're using to say that this is all about money for Phil Robertson. I have a lot of bellybutton lint, hell I may have more than anyone in this thread. It damn sure doesn't mean I love it, or that everything I say is to gather more Come on guys Edited by KKing
  • Like 2

So to the people saying that for Phil this is about money; you're kidding right? This is a man that lived in the woods half his life, still lives in what most would consider a shack, and walks around barefoot on a regular basis. I'm sorry, the man could care less. Just because he has money and lots of it, doesn't mean that money means anything to him, much less that he has a greed for more. It amazes me the absolute bullcrap people will say about someone they know little to nothing about. Did you know Michael Jordan hates parrots? He's a parrot hatin' SOB. Has to be, why else doesn't he have one as a pet? Yes, that's the same line of thinking you're using to say that this is all about money for Phil Robertson. I have a lot of bellybutton lint, hell I may have more than anyone in this thread. It damn sure doesn't mean I love it, or that everything I say is to gather more Come on guys

This isn't about Phil either. I'm guessing he's getting a kick out of the whole thing

Guest Southern Christian Armed

+1 here. Hey jack, you have the beliefs we (I) have, we don't judge anyone (as I have no right to judge but have the right to have my beliefs), but stand behind what our word says. All he did is say that he stands behind what word we believe in and they dismissed him. I would be willing to bet if he had made a more "politically correct" statement like gay marriage is ok or worshiping buda is ok, or having 140 wives is ok, not a word would be said cause all of those are acceptable correct statements in todays world but any mention of Christian belief, hell no.... We aint gonna have it. Im on your side Phil. Speak your mind and make me a duck popper!

And Im gonna pop off, delete me if you need to. Why in the hell are we in a Christian based nation but we get criticized for mentioning Christianity but ostracized if we don't acknowledge all other religions and beliefs? WTF.

Hey, I got an idea lets spit on our four fathers graves and burn the constitution, and have a party over Jesus' tomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like Christianity is the only religion that's not OK anymore. Im done..................

Edited by Southern Christian Armed
[quote name="Southern Christian Armed" post="1082141" timestamp="1387615246"] Seems like Christianity is the only religion that's not OK anymore. Im done..................[/quote] No, it's just the religion with the largest and loudest mouth, attempting to force everyone else to live their lives as it sees fit. If Christians want to dictate in a world with a fair amount of non-believers, you have to accept the fact that there is likely going to be some backlash. The more Christians push, the more backlash they will experience. Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 4

they might own Duck Dynasty but do they own Duck Commander?

Jesus damns fags, we get it.

My understanding is that they do not. Is Duck Commander associated with the TN lottery?

Jesus does not. Neither do I nor does anyone else here. Are you trying to make a point? Edited by daddyo

I'm sorry, the man could care less.

Agree 100%. I don't think he could care less either.

I have a lot of bellybutton lint, hell I may have more than anyone in this thread.

Every person who read that just stuck there finger in they're belly button. Edited by BrasilNuts

So to the people saying that for Phil this is about money; you're kidding right? This is a man that lived in the woods half his life, still lives in what most would consider a shack, and walks around barefoot on a regular basis. I'm sorry, the man could care less. Just because he has money and lots of it, doesn't mean that money means anything to him, much less that he has a greed for more. It amazes me the absolute bullcrap people will say about someone they know little to nothing about.

Did you know Michael Jordan hates parrots? He's a parrot hatin' SOB. Has to be, why else doesn't he have one as a pet? Yes, that's the same line of thinking you're using to say that this is all about money for Phil Robertson. I have a lot of bellybutton lint, hell I may have more than anyone in this thread. It damn sure doesn't mean I love it, or that everything I say is to gather more

Come on guys

Phil? About MONEY? Wow. My house is as nice as his. He can afford a house nicer than ANY of ours. ANY OF US! Phil cares very little for money.
Phil doesn't even have nice guns for crying out loud. A millionaire using a H&R single shot? An old browning a5? The man could easily contract Holland & Holland for a shotgun that cost more than any of our homes and not miss the money.

I may be proved wrong, but I believe Phil is one of the few in the world who is a walker, not a talker. The man definitely walks the walk.
  • Like 5

No, it's just the religion with the largest and loudest mouth, attempting to force everyone else to live their lives as it sees fit.

If Christians want to dictate in a world with a fair amount of non-believers, you have to accept the fact that there is likely going to be some backlash. The more Christians push, the more backlash they will experience.

What exactly are Christians dictating to non-believers? Are the church police going around making you go to church? Is someone making sure you pray. I know of no Christian that wants to force their views on others. What are we pushing on you?

I cannot drag someone to heaven with me no more than they can drag me to hell with them. Edited by 45guy
Guest Lester Weevils

Oh, you can put quite a lot of pickup trucks with no wheels on quite a lot of acres.

Got to reserve space for all the firebirds up on blocks. Need a big porch or deck for the frigidares and warshing machines. :)

No, it's just the religion with the largest and loudest mouth, attempting to force everyone else to live their lives as it sees fit.

If Christians want to dictate in a world with a fair amount of non-believers, you have to accept the fact that there is likely going to be some backlash. The more Christians push, the more backlash they will experience.

Thing is A&E did the pushing. Phil quoted the Bible in response to a question he was asked. A&E got all bent out of shape because they didn't like the answer. A&E dictated, not Phil.

It was all a poly to get Phil in line, did not work like Ass & Enemas wanted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2527430/Hung-dry-Duck-Dynasty-star-family-lash-A-E-making-controversial-interview-public-suspending-homophobic-comments.html

Sources within the close-knit Louisiana clan say they are convinced A&E are manipulating the controversial situation to bring them – and particularly Robertson – back into line after Television executives grew tired of the family pushing their deeply-held, Christian beliefs.

They also think the network could have done something to stop the controversial GQ article being made public, because an A&E representative was present during the interview with patriarch, Roberston, 67.

Look up Edgar Cayce's sayings on the subject.

Thanks for the input as I have researched it a little and it is like most all beliefs. It just depends on who's writings you read and it could go either way. I almost believe he felt he was going to Heaven in his last minutes because their was a peace about him and on his face like he no longer was in fear of dying but I still think about it from time to time.

Guest TresOsos

Thing is A&E did the pushing. Phil quoted the Bible in response to a question he was asked. A&E got all bent out of shape because they didn't like the answer. A&E dictated, not Phil.

No GLADD got all bent out of shape over Phil's comments and jumped A&E who capitulated to their demands.

And Cracker Barrel is out.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/21/duck-dynasty-cracker-barrel-phil-robertson-boycott/

We called a bunch of Cracker Barrel stores, and the managers told us the products that were removed were the ones that had Phil's face plastered on the packaging.  Almost to a person, the managers added, "We still offer a wide variety of Duck Commander products," and then we heard a click.

Who knows? This all may have been a plan by the Robertson's themselves to try and break a contract with A&E itself. I mean here is a family that already had plenty of money and a TV show and after learning what A&E was all about and figure out it was not all it was suppose to be they may have decided to just dump A&E and go back to their old ways. After all, they are country folks first and maybe they just got tired of everything in their lives being public...................jmho   No time to Duck hunt!!!!!

[quote name="RED333" post="1082212" timestamp="1387642463"]And Cracker Barrel is out. [url="http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/21/duck-dynasty-cracker-barrel-phil-robertson-boycott/"]http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/21/duck-dynasty-cracker-barrel-phil-robertson-boycott/[/url] We called a bunch of Cracker Barrel stores, and the managers told us the products that were removed were the ones that had Phil's face plastered on the packaging. Almost to a person, the managers added, "We still offer a wide variety of Duck Commander products," and then we heard a click.[/quote] Saw this, and I won't be eating there. I was very proud to see Skyjacker's statement, who is also one of their sponsors. I don't have the link, but the gist of it was that they stood behind him completely. Also Under Armor said that while as a company they may not agree with Phil, they stood behind his right to say it. Good to see.

Everyone of the non believers I work with, took Christmas off. Didn't see one protest to work.

I especially like the bit in the bible where it tells you to decorate trees and put them in your homes and prey to a fat guy in a red suit.

• Like 2