Phil removed from Duck Dynasty...

NoBanStan

For those who dig deep into scripture, and sense a view through His Spirit, this whole episode becomes recognizable for what it is - A harbinger. It has a purpose much larger than Phil Robertson.

In this day and age, December 2013, there are few voices that will be heard as widely as Duck Dynasty. It is the very largest cable viewing audience in America - ever.

There is a scripture, Isaiah 55:11 that says the Lord's word will go out, and not return void.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
    come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
    without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
    so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
    It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

To those that are willing to hear, Phil's words were a warning, a harbinger, but also a message of repentance, grace, mercy, and love. There is still time, but not much.

According to scripture, God continues to call us to him, and away from sin, and continues to withhold his hand against sin in order that more shall inherit the gift of the grace offered by Christ. It will not always be this way.

This event, along with Billy Graham's recent message were absolutely the hand of God  calling in ever increasing urgency.

Scorn if you wish, but it is real folks.  It's serious, and it is not about various religions, it is about Christ.  period. And he is calling LOUDLY.

etc - Phil Robertson

Edited by R_Bert
  • Like 8

Am I the only one who sees the glaring hypocrisy in this thread? A fellow TGO member gives his biblical views on homosexuality and is quickly dismissed as a homophobe and a bigot. Phil Robertson does it and all of a sudden many of you who do that very same name calling rush to his defense. I'm in Phil's corner, but many of you should be ashamed. Either we're all homophobes or none of us are. Make up your minds.

It ain't about homos. Nobody ever got kicked off TGO for being phobic, right?

Meh.  If you live in the public eye you are subject to public judgement.  Dixie Chicks anyone?  They used their right to free speech and effectively got "fired" by pretty much every country radio station. 

He has a right to his views.  A&E has a right to not put him on their channel.  We have a right to tell them we agree or disagree with them by voting with our eyeballs. If enough people do it, then A&E's employer (the advertisers) will pull out.

• Like 1
Just another example of the gay mafia in action. Agree or disagree on his words, the crushing weight of the attack on him should be of concern to any freedom loving individual. A&E is free to contract with whom they like. The media headlines describe his interview as "an anti-gay rant" which clearly it was not a rant. GLAAD's statement denouncing him as not being a true christian is disturbing - who are they to judge? Just as they wish not to be judged? And then they work in a message on promoting gay marriage? Huh? GLAAD Statement: "Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe. He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans — and Americans — who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples. Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families."
  • Like 1
Reading the comments from around the web I am reminded of Romans 1. I've copied a few verses below, but you can see the progression of sin in these few verses. They didn't honor God and their thinking was corrupted, then they became idol worshipers and it continues on a progression until God gives them up. To me it is blatantly obvious we as a country are well down the path the Romans were on. Romans 1:21-28 ESV For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.
  • Like 5

Am I the only one who sees the glaring hypocrisy in this thread? A fellow TGO member gives his biblical views on homosexuality and is quickly dismissed as a homophobe and a bigot. Phil Robertson does it and all of a sudden many of you who do that very same name calling rush to his defense. I'm in Phil's corner, but many of you should be ashamed. Either we're all homophobes or none of us are. Make up your minds.

Well I think there is a big difference between someone saying that homosexual acts are a sin, based upon one's religious beliefs, and saying that gays need to stay in the closet and out of the public eye.

I don't like using the "homophobe" word because I do think that was something manufactured by the left in order to shame folks who don't hold their opinion, and that isn't a mature way to debate. I do think there are many people who are intolerant to the point they believe that gays shouldn't be open (I don't mean screaming queen open, I'm talking about just not being in the closet).

I think there are many folks who hide behind the Bible because they find homosexuality to be repulsive and threatening to their way of life. That is way different than someone who simply believes something is a sin. We all sin, so believing acts of gayness are a sin isn't being intolerant, it's just being true to your beliefs. Of course, when you start calling folks out on those sins unsolicited it has gone beyond one's beliefs and now opens you up to everything that comes with such a debate. Like with most sins, we don't take every opportunity to call folks out on them.
  • Like 3

I don't weigh in much on this forum, but I feel led to comment on this issue.  I met Phil long before the TV show and all the attention and fame.  What you see on the show and in interviews is exactly what you get 1x1.  Honest and to the point.  He answered a question based on Biblical principal and personal beliefs and the darkness in the world hates it. 

Should you feel the need, you can submit your own opinion to: aefeedback@aenetworks.com

Or, you can go on their Facebook page.

Simple question to those that oppose the show...If you don't believe you are doing anything wrong then why are you so defensive?

Proverbs 27:17(NIV)“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.”

• Like 1

Ive never met Phil, but Ive met several "Phil's" in my time. I have a feeling he isnt loosing much sleep over this. If he is Id be suprised. he's been through much more difficult times than this.

If you havent seen this, its what he stands for. I strive to be as stong in faith as he

http://www.iamsecond.com/seconds/the-robertsons/

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even know how big this has gotten. When you wretch at the thought of social media and spend much of your time roaming the forest in search of juicy morsels worth the price of bullet and the butter to sauté it in, you don't leave yourself much time to take the opinions of the world. Phil Robertson is the embodiment of being in the world but not OF the world. Edited by Caster
  • Like 1

This isn't the popular opinion, but at the root of all of this is religion.  I am not anti-religion per se, and in actuality I am Atheist , but that doesn't mean I don't tolerate religion.  I am of the opinion, you stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours.  You believe in what you want so long as you don't try to force me to think the same as you.  Seems neither side can do this with any affect. 

I know many here have very strong beliefs in your religion, but I read a statement the other day that really stuck with me. Some have probably heard it before, but for me it rings true.  I am sure others will disagree, but it at least made me think.

“I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one less god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” —Stephen F Roberts

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 7

Nope, but many of us have been castigated and called names for holding the same views as Mr. Robertson. Hypocrisy in action.

We aren't castigating him, we are castigating A&E for being hypocrites.  Many of us have already said we don't agree with his views, although I do believe he would treat a gay with the same respect he would anyone else.  Some on here, not so much..

• Like 1
[quote name="Caster" post="1081204" timestamp="1387467552"]I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even know how big this has gotten. When you wretch at the thought of social media and spend much of your time roaming the forest in search of juicy morsels worth the price of bullet and the butter to sauté it in, you don't leave yourself much time to take the opinions of the world. Phil Robertson is the embodiment of being in the world but not OF the world.[/quote] I reckon he knows EXACTLY how big this has become. You don't become a multi-millionaire business owner by NOT being aware of all social media. The 'character' he plays on the show is exactly that: A character. Sent outta my ass by flying monkeys.
[quote name="robtattoo" post="1081235" timestamp="1387470366"]I reckon he knows EXACTLY how big this has become. You don't become a multi-millionaire business owner by NOT being aware of all social media.The 'character' he plays on the show is exactly that: A character.Sent outta my ass by flying monkeys.[/quote] I disagree. I think that's Phil. What you see is who he is.
  • Like 1

Nope, but many of us have been castigated and called names for holding the same views as Mr. Robertson. Hypocrisy in action.

It's one thing to be opposed to/disagree with the homosexual lifestyle...many, including me, believe it's a sinful and immoral way of life. But holding that opinion is NOT, I don't believe, what has prompted the "castigation/name calling" you refer to (although I really don't think there has actually been much of that here).

Where many draw the line is how some people respond to homosexuals as deserving or even especially deserving of revulsion and even outright hatred.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 3

It's one thing to be opposed to/disagree with the homosexual lifestyle...many, including me, believe it's a sinful and immoral way of life. But holding that opinion is NOT, I don't believe, what has prompted the "castigation/name calling" you refer to (although I really don't think there has actually been much of that here).

Where many draw the line is how some people respond to homosexuals as deserving or even especially deserving of revulsion and even outright hatred.

Go back and read some of the threads on this same subject and then tell me that some people haven't been called homophobes and bigots merely for voicing their belief that homosexuality is unnatural and immoral. I haven't seen anyone express hatred towards anyone just for being gay.
  • Like 2

I think A&E was trying to avoid the rocket powered liberal butthurt over his comment so they pre-emptively canned him. But the show's fan base is vastly conservative so it is gonna backfire. The issue isn't really 1st amendment. he was fully allowed his free speech now A&E is exercising theirs. The issue is whether or not you have a right to voice your opinion. In this case, as every other case, it seems you do hold that right as long as your opinion is the liberal one. It was mentioned that sometimes if you wanna be a bigshot you have to censor yourself. I agree and it would seem the A&E bigshots would have been smart enough to censor themselves. They forgot the viewers are fans of the family, not the channel.

Edited by KaNuckles

Go back and read some of the threads on this same subject and then tell me that some people haven't been called homophobes and bigots merely for voicing their belief that homosexuality is unnatural and immoral. I haven't seen anyone express hatred towards anyone just for being gay.

I suspect that I've participated in most of those threads and while some probably were called "homophobes" and "bigots" I suspect it was for cause and not just because someone disagreed with the homosexual lifestyle or thought the lifestyle sinful.

• Like 1