They aren't assault rifles... they are Homeland Defense Rifles!

TGO David

• Administrator

Repost from another site. I like the way this guy thinks! ;)

02/18/07

This was posted by Grim on Assault Web. Sounds like a VERY GOOD idea. I don't own just guns, rifles, assault weapons any more. They're all "HOMELAND DEFENSE RIFLES" (HDR's).

I don't know where it got started, or who coined it....but the term "Homeland Defense Rifle" became a good laugh for us all. But after thinking about, I feel it isn't a joke. I feel we should go out of our way to make that a keyword amongst the Law Abiding gun owner/shooter community (and all splinters of it). Why? Well, because that's what they have ALWAYS been, but now a gracious and well defined name has come to light. If you use the term to the point enough, it will stick.

We all know that "Assault Rifles" by modern times definition is false. Assault rifle meant select fire...etc.....BUT a few Democraps and Leftwingers got a hold of it and plastered it all over till' it became a newly defined word/term. We embraced it mostly for the humor & shock value. "Yeah, I own guns, I have some old lever actions, a revolver....OH, and a few 'assault rifles' (then a good laugh as you mock the term)

But, its not OUR term, it was handed to us by the enemy to scare the sheeple. So why should we continue using it? I didn't buy my AK style rifles for hunting, I sure as hell didn't buy them for marksmanship related shooting events, I bought them as a tool of defense and deterrence to those that want to threaten me in any form, whether a criminal attacking my home or a power attacking my rights.

So I feel we should take this new term that WE chose, that describes OUR 'tools' for what they really are and have ALWAYS been. These, my friends, are the freeman's modern day musket. My dream as of now, is to see that this new DESCRIPTIVE DEFINITION, LABEL, TERM, WHATEVER be used SO COMMONLY that the lefties actually bring it up on CNN, FOXNEWS etc.... Let them scoff, let them 'spin' this, try to mock it, hell, LET THEM MOCK IT, BUT.....DON'T back down, don't flinch, continue using it till' it is forced into the sheeples mind. If the powers that be wanna use fear of terrorism to justify their actions, them I for damn sure will use it to CLARIFY my reason for owning these weapons. They expect us to [beeep] in our pants.....they show videos of terrorists training with 'Military weapons', Well guess what, You can't put a cat in a dog fight. Lets use their "fear factor" against them, lets not only coin this new label, lets MINT it!!

From now on, every time you make a post, or are in a conversation with a sheeple or even a fellow Patriot, and the need comes to use the term 'Assault Rifle'----catch yourself and use the RIGHT term "Homeland Defense Rifle"...... Put pressure on Major dealers to start using the phrase in their advertising,"ON SALE This Week: Homeland Defense Rifles..." Lets turn this tide in OUR favor for once.

Think it about...... please, this is a bigger deal than you think. I know it sounds a bit silly at first, or even a bit pointless, but look at the BIG picture. The existing term was used to disarm us, as well as "Non-Sporting features/rifle". Let them try to deny us our "Homeland Defense Rifles". How does that sound? If it is used enough, it will be a forced vocabulary, the media will mock it at first or ignore it, but if we PERSIST without hesitation, then the term will be set in stone, as well as the hearts & minds of many. Please help make this a reality.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hyaloid

I think for the security of our Republic, every home should have a minimum of one Homeland Defense Rifle, and don't forget our Homeland Defense Standard Capacity Magizines too (today's Hi-caps).

Nice post..I read it before though, on the firing line forum or the 1911 forum..

I agree totally!

When someone scoffs that we puny civilians cant possibly compete with the trained military of our country,ergo there is no need for "homeland defense rifles", remind them of the war we're fighting now against those OUTSIDE the country that want to see us fall...and how much headway they have made...turn their own rhetoric against them.

and if you really want to see whats going on with the war in Iraq...to read about some things happening...check out this site...

It will open your eyes a bit to just how much bias goes into the reporting of the war on terror.

http://www.patdollard.com

Guest Phantom6

Great Idea. I've got a line on an old M1C Homeland Defense Rifle right now. Now if I can just sell the old dude on the idea of selling it to me. He carried it through France and Germany 62 years or so ago. His wife is afraid that he's going to hurt himself, her or someone else with it and is pressuring him to get rid of all his guns (2 shotguns, 2 rifles and an Ithaca 1911 pistol . I have promised him that all his guns would go to a "GOOD and LOVING HOME". :D

He already has promised to sell me the Remington .22 cal. rifle, both shotguns (an M97 [mil. varient of the Winchester 1897 ]) and a 50's era Browning Auto 5 . I've gotta go back over there tonight with cash. I hope to pick up the M1c and the Ithaca 1911 as well. I figured I'd let his wife work on him a little bit more. :)

Great Idea. I've got a line on an old M1C Homeland Defense Rifle right now. Now if I can just sell the old dude on the idea of selling it to me. He carried it through France and Germany 62 years or so ago. His wife is afraid that he's going to hurt himself, her or someone else with it and is pressuring him to get rid of all his guns (2 shotguns, 2 rifles and an Ithaca 1911 pistol . I have promised him that all his guns would go to a "GOOD and LOVING HOME". :D

He already has promised to sell me the Remington .22 cal. rifle, both shotguns (an M97 [mil. varient of the Winchester 1897 ]) and a 50's era Browning Auto 5 . I've gotta go back over there tonight with cash. I hope to pick up the M1c and the Ithaca 1911 as well. I figured I'd let his wife work on him a little bit more. ;)

That is the saddest thing I have heard all week... :)

Congratulations on the new and potential aquisitions, though!