Just asked for my permit....by a civilian

Spots

It is what I felt like doing. I had that little short 8 lb hammer laying in the floorboard where I could grab it. It kinda chills there alot. It seemed like a better alternative to shooting the guy :)

I'm thinking probably drugs and ballsy. He figured I would react differently when he flipped his "badge" out and assume he was an LEO. He got more aggressively postured and vocal when I kept refusing. Until I got out of the truck, and at that point I was done ####ing around. I firmly told him to leave me alone, and he did. Which is good because I was about done telling him anything

I am not that big lol. But I think alot of it was I was sitting down in a truck and eating so he figured I was distracted, and its hard to tell size in a vehicle most of the time.

You go ahead and spend that nickle. Just don't spend it all in one spot lol. And I didnt know I bent your table, my bad lol.

My guess is thats his "area". He saw me eating and playing on my phone and thought I was distracted. He acted suprised that I was looking at the window waiting on him when he cleared the side of my truck. I guess he is used to people who aren't remotely aware of their surroundingsTapatalk ate my spelling.

Pretty sure I could recognize the guy.

I may have a little fun with him this next week at McCraps.  Sure wish I had a CC badge too.

B.

[quote name="R_Bert" post="1084631" timestamp="1388109138"]Pretty sure I could recognize the guy. I may have a little fun with him this next week at McCraps. Sure wish I had a CC badge too. B.[/quote] Hes a white guy, about 5'9" with short cut brown hair and an apache beard. You know, a patch here and a patch there.... He was fairly decently dressed, work clothes and boots, but they were clean, not like he had actually been working. Pulled up in an older model Mercury. The ones that look kinda like Crown Vics. Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Hes a white guy, about 5'9" with short cut brown hair and an apache beard. You know, a patch here and a patch there.... He was fairly decently dressed, work clothes and boots, but they were clean, not like he had actually been working. Pulled up in an older model Mercury. The ones that look kinda like Crown Vics. Tapatalk ate my spelling.

If I manage to meet him, I will make a point of specifically asking his ties to LEO, just before I call the PD on him. (I need to go shooting next week anyway, so will have a gun case in the seat).

That reminds me....anyone wanna go shooting?

Edited by R_Bert
[quote name="Major Kong" post="1084632" timestamp="1388109220"]Okay, that made me laugh. Seriously though, do you guys not carry HCP badges? How do you identify yourselves to potential citizens in distress?[/quote] If I it comes to that, Ill be the bearded operator thats operating operationally by shooting mother f'ers in the face with my battle rifle. And I'll kill the last one with a tomahawk throw right before I scalp them. Thats after I scream "I'm here to help" while waving my gun around Tapatalk ate my spelling.
  • Like 2
Guest TresOsos

Okay, that made me laugh.

Seriously though, do you guys not carry HCP badges? How do you identify yourselves to potential citizens in distress?

[URL=http://s1023.photobucket.com/user/3Baers/media/other%20stuff/8de09-NotSureIfSerious.jpg.html]8de09-NotSureIfSerious.jpg[/URL]

Guest TankerHC

I would say for everyone to be aware. (More so than normal), I had a similar weird incident in the Hamilton Place Mall Parking Lot tonight over by the Fox and Hound.

Guy comes walking over towards my truck, BIL and I sitting there ready to go pick something up. Guy walks fast towards the truck pointing his finger and as I am rolling down my window he walks within two feet of my truck and starts reaching in his pocket. I had already reached my right arm down but otherwise didnt move. He says something and I ask "What do you want".  Then he says "If your going to shoot me, do it in the temple, not in the face please". WTF?! There was no visible firearm, he could not have seen me move my arm, it was dark and he was a good 30 feet away when he started walking towards me and the only thing I said to him was "What do you want" until he responded and started to walk away and then told me a sob story for about 10 seconds then did what he could to leave. (I wasnt making him stay).

I waited for him to walk off then got out of the truck, my BIL pointed him out and he was about 75 feet away walking up to another guy and I was watching and he did the same thing, as he is walking forward he is moving his hand to his right front pocket.

Seems like he was attempting to elicit a response. His sob story was quick, but it was his wife kicked him out, kept the kids and he stayed with his uncle last night. That was it, but since when does someone begin something like that with "Shoot me in the temple, not in the face please?". 

I dont have any stickers on my truck at all, nothing to ID anything that may show I have or do not have a firearm.

not trying to hijack the thread, BOT please, but I notified security and went about my business. I wasnt even going to mention it, but after reading spots post, man thats weird, and so is this. Seems both were trying to elicit a response.  

Glad to hear your story Spots. Something to be aware of. 

Just for everybodies information,  if you have an HCP, you can have a loaded long gun in your vehicle as long as a round is not chambered.

The last Knoxville gun show at the Expo, pulling into the parking lot, a guy came walking up to my window with a sob story.

Dude, don't you know that good percentage of people pulling in here are packing? LOL

I would have told him to McF*** off.....  

Why did I have to read that while sipping coffee?  Too funny...

The guy was obviously up to no good, but these problems have a way of sorting themselves out.  One day he'll flash his "credentials" to someone who really doesn't want any attention from the police, and we'll simply never hear of this yahoo again.  I bet he never even considered that a hardened criminal might believe his little act.

Edited by Wheelgunner

Best I can figure he was either fishing or an idiot. He was very calm, and I took the Marine mindset of "Be polite, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet". I was polite but firm, and finally stepped out of the truck when he acted like he was getting upset. I was calmer than normal as I didnt want to beat some dude to death with the 8 lb sledge laying in the floorboard the day after Christmas. Call it my holiday spirit i guess. I figured he was fishing and got upset that I didnt pull the rifle out of the case or act intimidated so that he could steal something. Oh well. Chalk up to weirdness. The responding LEO is a friend of mine so Ill ask him later what happened after I left.

I don't eat much fast food, and would have normally went in, but I was in a hurry due to work. Tapatalk ate my spelling.

A gentle Marine is a Marine in deep thought - I give you Kudos for not stomping out his gutz - discipline and self control saved his narrow azz. But future episodes may not fair as well for the thief. 

Guys this is one of the reasons I have no NRA, Mossy Oak or any other sticker or tag on my vehicles that say I hunt, shoot, fish, or whatever. I guess I need to put a golfing sticker on to make them leave me alone. I have heard that thugs see you driving with all the "gun" stickers on and follow you to work or home and know you have something worth stealing. Spots you handled it well and being aware of your surroundings is crucial.

• Like 2

Guys this is one of the reasons I have no NRA, Mossy Oak or any other sticker or tag on my vehicles that say I hunt, shoot, fish, or whatever. I guess I need to put a golfing sticker on to make them leave me alone. I have heard that thugs see you driving with all the "gun" stickers on and follow you to work or home and know you have something worth stealing. Spots you handled it well and being aware of your surroundings is crucial.

That's the only reason I haven't decked mine out with gun stuff though I do have Harley stickers and a Molon Labe one on mine.

• Like 1

[quote name="NoBanStan" post="1084922" timestamp="1388169240"]What Spot isn't letting onto is the style of hammer he carries... (oldie but goodie) hammer.jpg[/quote] Have you meet me? That hammer is way to little. This is more my style, its the one I had in the truck 20130328_130858_zpsa3a8cf17.jpg Though this used to be a hammer. Is it an assault hammer now?? 20130827_172549_zps2b9446a1.jpg

I will admit to having stickers. I have two TGO stickers, a couple of Molon Labe and Come and Take it ones and a Marine Veteran sticker. Tapatalk ate my spelling.
  • Like 4

I can kind of narrow it down based on the times it came back to me.

We even considered throwing it in the trash but someone put it in there so I figured I would let it go. I honestly expected it to be in the box at the end but it drew someone in with all its shining glory.

There is a picture of a HCP badge floating around that is either a real well made badge or a great photo shop.  I'd get one (less than $30 all Id spend) like that just for for giggles to have in the safe as a conversation piece. I'd put it next to my GI Joe dog tags my Sister sent off for me. She thought that was soooo funny the day they came in.

Guest Keal G Seo

Just as with all things it is jackasses like this that would ruin a good thing for others. I had considered them while living and AL and OCing everywhere...an OC badge that is. Just to calm the libtards down (small text, barely visible right next to the firearm etc). But when you have people like this trying to pass it off actively as something legit it just means they will be illegal sooner. Thankfully I never had any problems with OC outside of Gulf Shores and never had to waste money.

What a douche. I would hope the LEO's arrested him for impersonating an officer.

That's probably what happened.
I had a tennent of mine get caught up in a road rage incident.
He flashed a similar badge to get the other driver to back off. Long story short, the LEOs were called and he now has the same gun purchasing and carry rights of a DUI offender.

I would have asked the same question I ask any time someone implies they are a cop (LEO, works in LE, all those other nonsense statements). “Are you a Police Officer?” That’s a yes or no answer and since he is asking to check your weapon the wrong answer should get him an impersonating charge.
  • Like 1
[quote name="DaveTN" post="1085995" timestamp="1388349426"]I would have asked the same question I ask any time someone implies they are a cop (LEO, works in LE, all those other nonsense statements). “Are you a Police Officer?” That’s a yes or no answer and since he is asking to check your weapon the wrong answer should get him an impersonating charge.[/quote] This is what I should have done, and if it ever happens again or anything similar happens Ill make sure to ask them very plainly Tapatalk ate my spelling.

What a douche. I would hope the LEO's arrested him for impersonating an officer.

So if he shows a badge, and makes a "law comment or judgement" about what he sees, would he not be representing himself as a LEO?  Subject to a real one busting his chops?  I've told my whole family and anybody that listens that badges are easy to get, I've collected almost 300 in 45 years, but they are useless without the credentials that ALWAYS go with them.  We have a problem in Chattanooga with this that ends up with a robbery.  Plus if he looks like a bum, weighs 400 lbs and needs a haircut I go with a bad guy assessment immediately.

Cherokee Slim