AK-15 by Krebs

whitewolf001

I've shot the M16-A1 and the A2 for over half my life. That being said, I love the AK platform!  I love the simplicity of the design, but what I don't love about the AK is the iron sights.  The rear sight is too far forward for good accuracy. and they kept it on this design.  They need to move the rear sight on to the back of the receiver and watch the groups tighten up.

• Like 1

I've shot the M16-A1 and the A2 for over half my life. That being said, I love the AK platform!  I love the simplicity of the design, but what I don't love about the AK is the iron sights.  The rear sight is too far forward for good accuracy. and they kept it on this design.  They need to move the rear sight on to the back of the receiver and watch the groups tighten up.

This fixes it: http://texasweaponsystems.com/

• Like 2
[quote name="dcloudy777" post="1085046" timestamp="1388188227"]They can keep dressing it up, but at the end of the day it's still a blunt instrument trying do a rifle's job. AR all the way. :rock: DanO[/quote] Yeah but the AR is a poodle shooter pretending to be a battle rifle. I'll stick with my M14. Accuracy AND knockdown lol. It is a cool concept though, this kind of stuff is what fuels more development which is good for the community Tapatalk ate my spelling. Edited by Spots

I've looked at this for my Saiga and I just might pull the trigger on it!

You need to. I have put them on every AK I've had and several other peoples and it works wonders. You get a proper cheek weld, a 4" longer sight radius than a standard AR, and the ability to mount an optic/red dot/holographic.

Steelharp was a little unsure till we got his hooked up. Now he's sold!

You need to. I have put them on every AK I've had and several other peoples and it works wonders. You get a proper cheek weld, a 4" longer sight radius than a standard AR, and the ability to mount an optic/red dot/holographic.

Steelharp was a little unsure till we got his hooked up. Now he's sold!

Thanks for the testimony.  That was really what I was looking for!

Guest drifter

This is the whole reason that I shelled out and bought the SIG556 Swat. It is a 5.56 that kinda looks like a AR and takes it's mags. But, on the inside, very much the Kalashnikov.

Same :)  except I got an Fishgill

Probably but a Krebs weapon is right there with a LaRue or LMT in terms of quality and reliability.

Reliability? It's an AK. I don't think Krebs can really add anything to the platform that the WASR doesn't already do.

Reliability? It's an AK. I don't think Krebs can really add anything to the platform that the WASR doesn't already do.

Tell that to some of the early model WASR's, I have one and it needed some work. Also have a Century CETME, that was the one of the biggest junk piles I've ever seen and took a LOT of time to fix their foul ups.