• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Stainless" post="1086765" timestamp="1388461840"]Anyone ever seen this? [url="https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/faces/userProfile/login.jspx?_afrRedirect=37916229921021&_adf.ctrl-state=nm1x80bkp_79&_afrLoop=37916643939920"]https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/faces/userProfile/login.jspx?_afrRedirect=37916229921021&_adf.ctrl-state=nm1x80bkp_79&_afrLoop=37916643939920[/url][/quote] As I understand it, if you have a trust you can complete the form online and make payment via credit card. It supposedly allows you to attach trust documentation during submission.

As I understand it, if you have a trust you can complete the form online and make payment via credit card. It supposedly allows you to attach trust documentation during submission.

The e-filing system works surprisingly well. If you are making an SBR, there is an original manufacturer's list that works best if the manufacturer of your rifle is already there. Mine wasn't and I asked them to contact the NFA to get added to the list; took about 3 days. 

Aside from that, everything is pretty straightforward. Fill out the form, upload your trust and assignment sheet, pay, get a form back in 3 months. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been doing them for eveything I can for a while... eForms are being routed to a different group of examiners... great for the early folks in the beginning, problem is now anyone and everyone is asking this be the route you take.. so that pipeline is filling up fast!

I did 2 in one day last week ... about 17 hrs apart... sequence #s jump almost 400 filings!!!  been talking with other dealers and they're seeing the same ... let's say 200 is a better average per day, that's filling up the pipeline quickly.

Yes as of now they still are considerably faster... but that's liable to change any second.  Last week NFA posted 6 months on their site.  I can tell you my form 2s and 3s are running very close to their projections.  Have yet to get my first e-form4 back yet but my first few are only stepping over into 2 months now.  My last snail mail form 4s for 2 of my customers came in the last 2 weeks ...  both trusts... and both right at 11 months each from check cash date!!

Edited by LawEnforcementSalesTN
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

it's running, you just think it's not .. it gets that bad ... great for a hour or so in the morning and then they do their wonderful system maintenance right in the middle of the morning.. great logistic planning there boys!!

if at first you fail... try, try, try again ... took me 3 hrs to get 2 filed the other day... I was pissed but I really try to get these things in same day a customer pays me... just doesn't always work out that easy though.

Good luck.

it's running, you just think it's not .. it gets that bad ... great for a hour or so in the morning and then they do their wonderful system maintenance right in the middle of the morning.. great logistic planning there boys!!

if at first you fail... try, try, try again ... took me 3 hrs to get 2 filed the other day... I was pissed but I really try to get these things in same day a customer pays me... just doesn't always work out that easy though.

Good luck.

Same servers as healthcare.gov eh?