opinions ... best .45 for concealed carry

airgun13

I like my Glock 30sf. 10 + 1 and the option of Glock 21 mags for reloading or home defense. I like commander size 1911's but not for carry because I don't like safeties. I just have carried revolvers for so long I would have to do some serious retraining to remember to drop the safety in a stressful situation.

• Like 1

Considering size, price, and looks I think I've narrowed it down to g30, p250 or Springfield xds . Thanks for all your input.

The G30 and the p250 are not little guns, concealable yes but with a little effort. The XDS is a handful I have heard but very easily carried.
The glock 30s makes sense if you really like your 22. Same size as your 22 and same manual of arms. If you just want to try something different take a look at the HK45c. It's a very versatile and very reliable firearm. You can change the da/sa trigger to HK's version of dao called LEM and have a trigger similar to the glock. It should be roughly the same size as the glocks to. Ive heard good things about the S&W M&P 45c as well but have never shot one. Edited by hlb14

The SA XD-S is my current all around favorite carry gun. It offers a lot of bang for such a small package, but it has it's down sides, though. For instance, that recoil spring is ridiculous. Clearing the chamber when you unload takes some serious muscle. Also, the bore axis is pretty high for such a small piece. I could could go for more than 5 rounds in the mag too, but where would they put them? LOL

Since you mentioned Sig...I held one yesterday that really surprised me. Sig's new P227 amazes me. They were somehow able to stuff more rounds into a wider mag while simultaneously making the grip circumference actually feel smaller in my hand. Sadly, it's not in the same price range as the others.

The Sig P250 has a trigger that, IMO, will not measure up favorably to the the G30 or the XD-S. They are striker fired and that particular model of Sig has a really long heavy trigger (albeit, rather smooth).

Edited by BigK

A commander size 1911 or Kimber Ultra CDP II have been my choices for concealed carry in the past. If the SA XDs does well on the range for break in, it may become my new choice.

I love both of those but it's hard to justify the much higher cost . I could almost buy the g30 and sa xds for the cost of either one

Edited by airgun13