Mead and Duck Commander wine moscato

vontar

Nothing to do with the recent news.

I was in a local package store the other day here in Oak Ridge picking up some champagne for the 31st.

I saw a selection of Duck Commander wine.  I thought it was strange but I ask the people working there if they had tried it and they said they liked it.

I ask if any of them was a sweet wine.  I only like sweet wines. 

Anyways they directed me to the Moscato (pink).  It was refrigerator and cold.

Tonight my wife opened and I have to say, it is the sweetest wine I have ever tasted.  I am by no means a wine expert but it is what I wanted.

It is only 10 percent, I figure they stop the fermentation process early to leave some of the sugars in it.

Last year I tried an Ice wine that I liked but I believe this is even sweeter.

I also picked up a bottle of (Honey) Mead to try.  It came with 2 spice packs.  I tried a sip with out and the rest with.   I really liked that as well.

Edited by vontar
Moscato is already a very sweet, syrupy wine. I can't drink more than a small glass. As for mead, you can spend 5 bucks on honey and make about 5 bottles on your own. I make my own. It takes little effort and turns out as good as anything you can buy. Toss a can of cherries during first fermentation into a batch and ya got somethin' purdy tasty. I have a few gallons that are about to be bottled this week. Last sample was pretty good.
  • Like 1

Moscato is already a very sweet, syrupy wine. I can't drink more than a small glass. As for mead, you can spend 5 bucks on honey and make about 5 bottles on your own. I make my own. It takes little effort and turns out as good as anything you can buy. Toss a can of cherries during first fermentation into a batch and ya got somethin' purdy tasty. I have a few gallons that are about to be bottled this week. Last sample was pretty good.

How do you make Mead.  Yes I know it is from Honey and I have several jars of honey here at home.  *I always keep a few jars around.

Our Pink Moscato has luxurious aromas of white peaches, honeysuckle and caramel. Luscious passion fruit and honeydew melon flavors with hints of sweet vanilla are perfectly balanced by refreshing acidity.

I reckon the Duck Dynasty boys need to think about what they're drinking.   Sounds kinda fruity to me.  :lol:

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1

How do you make Mead.  Yes I know it is from Honey and I have several jars of honey here at home.  *I always keep a few jars around.

PM me soon and I'll talk you through it. Super easy and cheap. I bottled 5 bottles today with one glass left over to sample. Really good stuff.