Remington R-51

Peace

They are reportedly going to do a threaded barrel version too.  Fixed-barrel locked-breech, this thing should make an awesome suppressor host. 

If the initial reports don't make the gun a total POS, and the threaded barrel still runs about 4 bills, I'm all over it as soon as I can get one. 

Edited by dcloudy777

OK what do you have for sale?

Larry, needs a new toy or keyboard. ;)

Do we have an inkling that perhaps the gentleman might have made this statement similar to "I won't ever sell this" before?

That's about like me saying I'm not buying anything else. Which I believe I just recently said to Steelharp, btw.

"Curse you Red Baron"

Post Script....the comments on the Canik were for an interesting looking gun.

Those for the R-51 are in deadly ernest. I Want One!!

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
[quote name="nightrunner" post="1088122" timestamp="1388703794"]??? Did i miss something? Its chambered in 9mm[/quote] Point here was that by the time .22lr is readily available this gun will be on the market long enough to have good reviews or the bugs worked out

Lumber_Jack, that was my intent and not too clear.  Thanks for the clarity.  I like the looks of the R51 but I'll wait for a while on this one.  I jumped on a couple of guns in their first production run and wasn't real happy.  

Edited by graycrait
  • Like 1

Let me be the first....

That thing is ugly and is insulting to the elegant lines of the original 51.

You're right. It doesn't compare aesthetically with the original, but it'll do. I still want one. Two when the 40 becomes available.

This is the first new product from Remington I've been interested in since I can remember. I hope this is a good sign of things to come. I'd like to see a reintroduction to their line of centerfire pump rifles. Not the 760, but the 14 and the like.