Remington R-51

Peace

I like it myself... It's got the "retro-future" look and is a helluva idea as to operation... It's great to see an american company come up with such an idea... I'm  a fan of the "pp" size pistols, so i could easily see my little round gimpy self totin one of these around when the new wears off of them...

As to the grip safety;.... In the "old days" (...before the 1911 nazis and the safety police...) the old timers just pinned the safety back... There wuz many a 1911 carried by a trooper who knew how to use it that either had the safety pinned or tied back with rawhide on his trusty 1911...

I say this is america (...for the time bein, anyway...); do anything ya feel like doin... The hell with the nazis and the safety police....

leroy

• Like 4

Those aren't too bad compared to the ZIP GUN I got awhile back.

Looks cool and I'm a sucker for "innovation" if that's how you want to describe it.

Things about as ergonomic as a freaking Betamax or VHS tape. I firmly believe that this one will remain LNIB forever. (I already test fired one round)

6B9673F3-13E5-4996-B832-70E3F6B93B70-100

It's the one on the bottom. That looks like a box.

Betamax??? You mean there's somebody ELSE that remembers these??

Seriously, I want to see the Remington!!

I'm a die-hard S&W man and LOVE my Shield and other M&Ps, but an R51 WILL be joining my family. I'm in love!! I'll wait til all the rich folk buy theirs at MSRP+$ and wait for the price to come down a little... and make sure they don't have any issues.
Well, here ya go...it looks like even if you're not opposed to the grip safety, it's terrible on this particular gun. [url="http://www.thebangswitch.com/remington-r51-over-hyped/"]http://www.thebangswitch.com/remington-r51-over-hyped/[/url] Edited by KKing

Well, here ya go...it looks like even if you're not opposed to the grip safety, it's terrible on this particular gun.

http://www.thebangswitch.com/remington-r51-over-hyped/

Meh, the reviewer comes across like a typical kool-aid swilling Glock fanboy. Every other review I've read said that the trigger was excellent, and that the grip safety is very easy to activate and intuitive. Maybe this guy just got a bad one, or Remington kicked his dog or something.
[quote name="dcloudy777" post="1097489" timestamp="1390098334"]Meh, the reviewer comes across like a typical kool-aid swilling Glock fanboy. Every other review I've read said that the trigger was excellent, and that the grip safety is very easy to activate and intuitive. Maybe this guy just got a bad one, or Remington kicked his dog or something.[/quote] Funny, I've never found his reviews to be anything but truthful and informative. There's multiple other brands and model pistols other than Glock that he's given great marks. But...I'm sure you're right, he just holds a personal grudge against Remington and the gun was perfect :up: Please provide the sources of the reviewers that have had hands on, I'd like to read those as well Edited by KKing
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/01/01/remington-announces-r-51-pistol/

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WgqtnA4t98U&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWgqtnA4t98U

The guys from Gunblast and The Firearms Blog actually shot one, and both seemed impressed with it.
There are several people on the R51 thread on Arfcom that handled it at SHOT and are planning on buying.

This review reads like he just couldn't get past the grip safety. That's cool, not everybody "gets it". That's why they make so many different kinds. I think it's hilarious that he compares the gun to the P7M8, one of the finest handguns ever made, like it's a bad thing. Edited by dcloudy777

I'm withholding judgement until this thing hits the streets and I can put my hands on one.  So far I am still underwhelmed.  I really want to like it but there's just a weirdness about it I really can't explain.  The HiPoint looking trigger doesn't help.

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine bought one and took possession at a LGS with an indoor range a day or two ago.  She took it to the range lubed it and checked it over. Fired one round and it broke, I don't know exactly what but it was catastrophic.  Store gave her credit - she got a Glock 19. She and her husband shoot all the time and have many guns.  I can't wait to get the whole story.